test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

longshot or trapper for pvp with the arpen on roots fix

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Wilds
Recently respecced to the longshot pvp build, prior to gentleman crush's news on an pending fix for arpen on roots. Lonshot unfortunately means only 2 points on ancient roots, which reduces their number of ticks. Not to mention losing aspect of the serpent feats.

So, since I have a retraining token in the bank, I was wondering wether or not to respecc back into full trapper and take maybe the extra lifesteal from combat and call it good.

My crit as of now, is 40 and a bit percent, with lostmauth and longshot. Works reasonably well atm., but not really putting much of a dent in the big boys since DR went crazy recently.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Armor pen already works on roots in pvp. Longshot is not a pve build.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Okaaay. I'll give longshot a longer shot.

Does the lack of serpents bother you much..? Or is crushing still vital..? Tbh, sometimes it's as if the dazes don't affect some CWs at all, did they suddenly become deflectable..?
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Serpent is fixed.
    Crushing roots aka trapper build makes only scene when fix will be pushed on live. But no one knows when yet.

Also Longshot is crit build.

If you don't have enough crit and in lack of control go for trapper pure after fix.
    If you don't need so much control and have high crit - go for longshot.

Values depend on your game play style really.

Daze can be ignored by control strength. It may be there but in may be close to 0. It is not delectable as far as I know.

Arm pen does work on roots for pvp. But Arp now sucks in general in pvp.

There are variations of points placement for longshot build. Even something like this is possible
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/hr?b=23ci:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13k3iii:1uu0i00:1000000:1uu3emj&h=0&p=pfr

As like one I was playing around recently. Depends on what you personally feel is required and your play style.
    Either you like ranged more - go for more control and more longshot. again personal preference here on what.
    like melee more - go for tanky with lf or more damage with some serpent. Or again more control on trapper pure
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Pretty much just bumped TW up to 4, and rapid shot too. Put 4 points into boars and ****, forgot what it's called - the one where you sit down in a pool of light, for a little old school mod3 node trolling. Gave serpents a miss, and took a double in the tod lifesteal final boon for a whacking great... 8% lifesteal lol.

**** I suppose if I armorkit I could get 10%. Lets hope the SCA rng gods are kind. And if if give up the red drag glyphs I could get the BI lifestealers too...
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    On pvp a fix to hr armor pen means nothing.
    Trapper is still the most useful hr spec tho
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Full trapper does even worse against gwf and gf atm. Hrs have no chance against gwfs and gfs because of the recent tenacity changes, there is nothing you can do short of eventually dying from avalanche procs, hidden daggers and at wills. And fey thistle.

I would run lone wolf on that build atm, with crushing. Serpents isn't a huge issue, I think, though I'm sure a lot of your damage will now come from longshot because of how tanky everything is.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ralexinor wrote: »
    Full trapper does even worse against gwf and gf atm. Hrs have no chance against gwfs and gfs because of the recent tenacity changes, there is nothing you can do short of eventually dying from avalanche procs, hidden daggers and at wills. And fey thistle.

I would run lone wolf on that build atm, with crushing. Serpents isn't a huge issue, I think, though I'm sure a lot of your damage will now come from longshot because of how tanky everything is.

Yeah, did a few dom matches last night, with TW at rnk4 it's up all the time, and as long as the rest of the team doesn't suck I don't have a lot of trouble taking things down. Forest meditation is great now too, with feythistle amd avalanche, hadn't used it since mod3. Very funny to sit in the middle of a thornward and watch things die. Will see how it is if I go sit in the middle of a bunch of golems in GG.

Thanks for all the replies people.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thedemien wrote: »
    Serpent is fixed.
    Crushing roots aka trapper build makes only scene when fix will be pushed on live. But no one knows when yet.

Also Longshot is crit build.

If you don't have enough crit and in lack of control go for trapper pure after fix.
    If you don't need so much control and have high crit - go for longshot.

Values depend on your game play style really.

Daze can be ignored by control strength. It may be there but in may be close to 0. It is not delectable as far as I know.

Arm pen does work on roots for pvp. But Arp now sucks in general in pvp.

There are variations of points placement for longshot build. Even something like this is possible
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/hr?b=23ci:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13k3iii:1uu0i00:1000000:1uu3emj&h=0&p=pfr

As like one I was playing around recently. Depends on what you personally feel is required and your play style.
    Either you like ranged more - go for more control and more longshot. again personal preference here on what.
    like melee more - go for tanky with lf or more damage with some serpent. Or again more control on trapper pure

Do you use this for pve too? I am wondering if TW won't work better with my Crit build for Archer. I have Perfect Vorpal and just short of 50% Crit chance. I run with RoA, CoA and Longstrider's. Not sure what to drop for TW though.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.