test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tournaments from Drider

espeeoespeeo Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 60 Arc User
edited January 2017 in PvP Discussion
Hi all!
I am from ru-shard, Drider. Sorry my bad English.
And I would like to tell you about our events, you may like it and you do something like that.

Our players whant more events and we entertain ourselves. Yesterday was organized event “Rogue-a-ball” - it looks like football, but ball is TR and teams are GFs (players) & CWs (goalkeepers). Why TR? Because many players would like to kick this character with impunity :)
See video and enjoy :)
(When the referee uses a petard - it was a goal. I was the ball :) )

I can't publish the second video on forum, therefore I give link to playlist.

In addition, we organize class tournaments (with real prizes). There have been three tournament - GWF’s, GF’s and HR’s.
Perhaps seeing this video, the developers will create “duel mode” :)
Post edited by espeeo on

Comments

• helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That's priceless. Might be a more exciting game with a player with less deflet and deflect severity
  • lichdrowlichdrow Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Another reason why I love Mother Russia !!!

еще одна причина, почему Россия лучше , чем в США

Edit: Cryptic, I will pay you 100 dollars to allow me to play on Soviet servers, transfer my characters there :D
  • nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    really, really good idea, and its seems really fun :) well played.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Haha awesome fun :D
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Clearly played in Icewind Pass, teams would be made up of AB or TT depending on what the TR was.

Would need a couple of DCs for the TR.
    It seems as though the CWs are using Repel and working as goal-keepers.

That looks fun... even from the TRs POV. Maybe for the uniform on the "ball" Searing Magma dye on a Jester Costume.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well I ran into 5 GFs party once on my TR, felt exactly like that TR :D Died fast though.
    Awesome idea
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That's just.... brilliant! I don't know what to say.

+1 to move to Russian server!
  • espeeoespeeo Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for your words! :)

Another video from the point of view of a "football player":
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Best thing i've seen in this game since 2 years.
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    Best thing i've seen in this game since 2 years.

Agreed. Freakin' awesome.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes this pure awesome. Can we tag people to a thread?
    Hi, guys!
    It's Drider again :)

I didn't want to create a new tread. Your moderators are strict :)

Over the past two years, we spent the several tournaments: CW's, DC's (without dd-DC), TR's, GWF again (two leagues: newbies & olders) and experimental interclass tournament. You can see videos or stream on the links. Sorry for Russian :)

And let me show you the most popular gif on our forum (there is from interclass tournament), GFvsTR, one shot:

Now we're planning 2x2 tournament. We will be glad to see you as an audience.

Best regards,
    espeeo,
    Community Coordinator from Drider.

• ilusiphurilusiphur Member Posts: 34 Arc User

That's priceless. Might be a more exciting game with a player with less deflet and deflect severity

If there was less deflect, the game would be shorter! I would like to see GF-sahha... 10 CW's repelling a GF around!

• crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Are you saying Drider's community moderators themselves are arranging PVP tournaments? I'm jealous.

Are you saying Drider's community moderators themselves are arranging PVP tournaments?

Yes, exactly :)

I'm jealous.

Why? :)
    clonkyo1 said:

Are you saying Drider's community moderators themselves are arranging PVP tournaments? I'm jealous.

That's why we want new challengers/new blood.
    It's the problem on Drider too.
    ilusiphur said:

I would like to see GF-sahha... 10 CW's repelling a GF around!

Good idea ;)
    etelgrin said:

Ploz transfer token to russian server asap :wink: or cross-server PvP.

It's impossible :(
    The entire PVP community would transfer to the Russian server if we could. It would be awesome if a community manager or moderator could arrange something like that. A player could as well but its pretty obvious an 'official' sponsorship would gain much more traction.
    edited January 2017

Well, our community moderator and devs couldn't care less what happens to PvP. I always had the feeling they really hate PvP

I have a feeling as well. Normally it isn't too bad but EVERY SINGLE Cryptic employee somehow hates/is barely interested in PVP. I wish we'd get at least one or two who actually play PVP and would be able to advocate for events, content and balance.
    etelgrin said:

espeeo said:

etelgrin said:

So fricken bad that we don't have such great Community Managers as yourself here willing to interact with PvP players and have actual fun from it :wink:
    Maybe someday I'll make a character on the Dragon, and I'll organize a tournament for you :)
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    espeeo said:

etelgrin said:

espeeo said:

etelgrin said:

So fricken bad that we don't have such great Community Managers as yourself here willing to interact with PvP players and have actual fun from it :wink:
    Maybe someday I'll make a character on the Dragon, and I'll organize a tournament for you :)
    Aww... <3 But why is there a separate server for Russia anyways? I´m not only asking because everyone´s apparently too lazy to organize something like that on dragon. Would like to know in general.
    A guild-tournament might be nice...the winning guild-team gets a nice heap of currencies (influence etc.) for the guild-coffer...on top of the fame :)
    edited January 2017

But why is there a separate server for Russia anyways?

The decision on a separate server was made by PWE from the beginning. I don't know reasons, sorry.

I´m not only asking because everyone´s apparently too lazy to organize something like that on dragon.

The first tournament was organized by a "usual" player. I've just helped a little :)

A guild-tournament might be nice...

We rejected idea of "a guild-tournament". It's too difficult to organize.

the winning guild-team gets a nice heap of currencies (influence etc.) for the guild-coffer...on top of the fame :)

You don't understand :) We are forming the prize pool without the support of the administration. I can't promise you influence :)
    clonkyo1 said:

because it (pvp) was broken beyond sense... and we are still suffering from that madness nowadays.

Our players think the same. Therefore, there are some restrictions on my tournaments.
    If you want, I can translate the rules of the last tournament (2х2) for you.