test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Immortal SW taking 0 damage

tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
Well,

i don't know if this was already addressed by someone, but i find something really strange yesterday facing 2 SW in 2 different ggpvp.

In the first match , i've done a good 1 vs 1 ( very rare in ggpvp ) versus the first sw, contesting a node and facing him.
He was with T.Negation, but is not that the problem.

We fought for around 2 good minutes, was funny, but what i noticed was that he don't got any damage, 90% of my hit do 0 damage, ice knife 0 damage, disintegrate 0 damage, controlled him with ef, freeze, ice knife = 0 damage.

And i tryed every possible combination, always 0 damage, and this happened for all the fight vs him, until i finished my hp.

My ARP in pvp is around 80%.

Tried to fight him with my party friend, we was in ts,so coordinate us for hit him, 5 vs 1, he was taking 0 damage from all source, no one was able to kill or damage him seriusly, he killed 3 of us the run away. ( most of us are almost BiS )

what the hell is this? is some new feat of sw? a combination of item that make them immortal? a bug?

The same happend with a second SW in another ggpvp.

Anyone know about this or what is the bug that makwe them immortal?
Post edited by tholan#1688 on

Comments

• martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's a bug with feat + artifact power, but the only way it works is if he hits you, so if you were 5v1 I find it hard to believe he was able to target all 5 of you and kept refreshing it on all 5, almost impossible.

the bug only works if he keeps attacking you.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's a bug with feat + artifact power, but the only way it works is if he hits you, so if you were 5v1 I find it hard to believe he was able to target all 5 of you and kept refreshing it on all 5, almost impossible.
    thats impossible 5 vs 1
    1 vs 1 sure, 2 vs 1 becomes difficult, so your scenario did not happen like this for sure-->5 mates against one Warlock, all these classes have cc like hell, so iin case its a continously shifting temptation build--> cc immune all time , and spamming HoB at all 5 mates all time, .... but no he would have to rest a moment to cast at wills, ...so its 5 absolutely BIS nubs or you are not telling the whole truth

all in all its intersting that a CW can withstand 2 minutes of continous damage from a striker class, known to deal lots of it, in a fight 1 on 1 without dying in case you did not deal any damage and livesteal HP?
    lets open a thread about: How broken is your class CW? :)
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thats impossible 5 vs 1
    1 vs 1 sure, 2 vs 1 becomes difficult, so your scenario did not happen like this for sure
    all in all its intersting that a CW can withstand 2 minutes of continous damage from a striker class, known to deal lots of it, in a fight 1 on 1 without dying in case you did not deal any damage and livesteal HP?

Bug report class: URGENT
    SW not dying to first hit as intended.

Also, dude is a CW. If he actually used something to hold the SW in place and prevent him from attacking, he'd have been able to kill.
    But see, this is what happens when people get lazy fighting what they assume is an useless class (as for a long time it was). They get killed and go whinge about it online.
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thats impossible 5 vs 1
    1 vs 1 sure, 2 vs 1 becomes difficult, so your scenario did not happen like this for sure

Well, we have got him in 5 , but not all in the same moment, when the last 2 arrived we was almost dead , but was always a 3 vs 1.
    Not so difficult fight in 1 vs 1 the sw, maybe that he was just someone that dont know how play his class and just find funny abusing the bug ( in fact his damage was really low, compared to other sw ). but in the end i lost anyway.
    edited May 2015
    vaelynx wrote: »
    Bug report class: URGENT
    SW not dying to first hit as intended.

Also, dude is a CW. If he actually used something to hold the SW in place and prevent him from attacking, he'd have been able to kill.
    But see, this is what happens when people get lazy fighting what they assume is an useless class (as for a long time it was). They get killed and go whinge about it online.

Sorry dude, but if a class abusing a bug for taking 0 damage becaming immortal in pvp, dom or gg, yes, i find that is a big problem.
    The fact that sw actually is the class that most of all the other need a big buff was already clear.
    edited May 2015

Thx for the reply, this make sense, so is a bug, a good one too.
    edited May 2015
    Sorry dude, but if a class abusing a bug for taking 0 damage becaming immortal in pvp, dom or gg, yes, i find that is a big problem.
    The fact that sw actually is the class that most of all the other need a big buff was already clear.

hahaha.

Except you know. There are actual powerful classes abusing bugs, this one works in a set of specific circumstances that makes it on par with some class features/mechanics out there, and all it does is puts the SWs back into game somewhat when they were a walking joke as mod 6 hit and ruined the only previously somewhat viable PvP build.

If there's a problem , then it is that a class is so poorly balanced it has to abuse a bug to be competitive at all.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cuntroll wizards having 4 seconds repel, lowering CD on artifacts and making monstrous multiprocs of SS IS a big problem. Annoyed you can't have an easy kill from SW? Deal with it.
    edited May 2015
    SW is the thrid tanking class (in case you can avoid all aoe)
    btw did you try aoe against him, did it work or not?
    and you should not tell half truth in forums ok, first you say you contested him 1 on 1 for 2 minutes and he did not do lots of damage, probably a nub player your conclusion, but you lost...then later 5 of you PVP- prof (or better say "try to" P2W profs?) did contest him and he killed 2 of them leavin 3 alive...
    becomes more and more irritaiting, is it a Warlock that does not deal any damage or is ot a warlock that could kill 2 out of 5 taking no damage and leaving you irritated with your broken CW?
    or do you speak about different player?
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ya, again, most classes have features that are wai that are better than this sw bug.
    edited May 2015
    Ok,

try in this way.

I'm a gwf, or i'm a gf, choose your main class, what you want.
    You fight an sw that can't be damaged, in any way you try because this player abusing a bug for became immortal.

What i'm saying is not "hey a cw can't kill an sw", what i'm trying to explain is that there is a bug that let a class became immortal taking 0 damage, is just not possible.

Is not a class problem, if instead of the SW was an HR, for my point of view the result is the same, is not importat if u play gwf , or any other class, if u face a sw abusing that you'r done for, and is not important what class u are using.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vaelynx wrote: »
    hahaha.

Except you know. There are actual powerful classes abusing bugs, this one works in a set of specific circumstances that makes it on par with some class features/mechanics out there, and all it does is puts the SWs back into game somewhat when they were a walking joke as mod 6 hit and ruined the only previously somewhat viable PvP build.

If there's a problem , then it is that a class is so poorly balanced it has to abuse a bug to be competitive at all.

I find it absolutely funny this guy is trying to justify a clear bug.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I find it absolutely funny this guy is trying to justify a clear bug.

hahaha cant blame them. with how sad of a spot sw is in in pvp i would just let this one go and i dont play sw but rarely. i play hr. and im fine with sws have a shining moment in pvp.besides ive had a friend who plays sw and says its like this on every class not just sw sometimes they deal damage (with perfect vorpal) and deal 0 damage.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "OP's cleanse removing prone and any sort of CC" anyone ?
  • ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The problem is this debuff does not only affect the SW you are attacking, once the SW has hit you with it you deal 0 damage to anyone til the effect wears off, plus applying it is as easy as using an at will on someone, any half decent player could keep the debuf active on most of a team without to much trouble, I understand SW has been underpowered and needs a huge *** buff, but this is just an exploit so many SW's feel entitled to using this, Cryptic has to fix this and give them a well deserved buff .
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    BUFFING a class and using an EXPLOIT are two different things.
    SW class is underpowered and needs a buff, I strongly agree, but abusing a known BUG and taking it as the buff for the class is totally wrong. This needs to be reported for dev to investigate. :O
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    edited May 2015
    BUFFING a class and using an EXPLOIT are two different things.
    SW class is underpowered and needs a buff, I strongly agree, but abusing a known BUG and taking it as the buff for the class is totally wrong. This needs to be reported for dev to investigate. :O

yes its wrong....
    (same wrong as TR´s abusing endless proccing SoD hole mod 5 killing a whole team, lol thats power, same wrong as ppl exploited Boodtheft thats was oneshooting ppl in PVP, same wrong as playing a class that operates all from stealth never been seen until you drop dead to the ground, same wrong as empowered AS or redicules healting to all party making fights lasting till sunset, same wrong as perma dazing TR and perma dazing hunter now in mod 6, same wrong as abusing T feytouched, same wrong as T negation on a class that has already endless high defence mechanism, same wrong as SE in mod 5, same wrong as....put in what you want)
    ... and hast to be fixed
    you don´t see the dimension about this, there are classes owning the other team through hole mod
    in this case tehre is one class avoiding damage from another , warlock is easy to be killed just cc him, like you have to do with CW
    when 5 ppl are too dumb (sry) to cc one single player they deserve to be punished

PVP is all about cc, same situation in mod 5 when DC was immortal, some of them even do 1 vs 3/4/5 in mod 6,
    it took very long for some ppl to understand how to deal with it, and when you go PVP 80% of player even can´t deal with it, thats L2 P sometimes and missmatched team sometimes
    DC TR are much more powerfull in case of diciding a match
    but all in all you are right its a bug and has to be fixed
    edited May 2015
    No it isn't one class avoiding damage from another, it is more like the SW making the target do zero damage on EVERYONE! it effectively makes the target deal zero damage to anyone while the debuff is up ... and applying it and keeping it up is easy just spam your atwill, it is probably the worse exploit at the moment even if some defend it by saying ohh if you know how to counter it, it isn't a problem, which is a lame *** way of defending an exploit ... reminds me of the whole break line of sight for SOD L2P line that TR's would serve us for SOD .
    Almost as lame as feeling entitled to use it because your class is underpowered .
    edited May 2015
    No it isn't one class avoiding damage from another, it is more like the SW making the target do zero damage on EVERYONE! it effectively makes the target deal zero damage to anyone while the debuff is up ... and applying it and keeping it up is easy just spam your atwill, it is probably the worse exploit at the moment even if some defend it by saying ohh if you know how to counter it, it isn't a problem, which is a lame *** way of defending an exploit ... reminds me of the whole break line of sight for SOD L2P line that TR's would serve us for SOD .
    Almost as lame as feeling entitled to use it because your class is underpowered .

Yeah, in other words it gives a formerly thoroughly useless class an actual purpose in a team, actually in line with the stated description of the class which should be either damage (super underperforms) or debuffs.

Learn to read - what people are saying is that basically, until the class is fixed, this bug at least makes it somewhat useful, while falling in line with what other classes can do already, with the aid of unfixed bugs, or legit. (needs to keep whacking you because the effect otherwise dissipates shortly)

Anyone who, in the present state, is complaining about it is basically hypocritical, because bug or not, it makes the SW competitive with other classes, not dominant (Which is why you don't see the quantities of SWs dominanting PvP matches the way you used to see TRs).
    edited May 2015
    Intimidation was a bug? deep gash in mod 2? Oo... agreed on roar though, but it was hard to not use it when 99,9% of all GWF's were using it though, unless you wanted to set yourself up to lose .

Debuff and making the target do 0 damage are two completely different things, stop trying to justify your bug abusing .
    edited May 2015
    double post
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    oh noes sw can kill us again better go qq...on a serious note it should be fixed.and buff the class.
    edited May 2015
    First part of my post was aimed at you second half was aimed at vaelynx should have quoted you both so it was more clear .

Never ran a 5 man GWF team ever, might have ran 4 or 5 games in the whole of mod 3 with more than 1 GWF, I have always been a rainbow guy, people can't cry or hide behind excuses when you run a rainbow... I will very rarely run with 2 of the same class, and before you say it, I didn't run with 2 TR comps, thought is was lame .

I actually quit in mod 3 cause I thought GWF was lame, that and the whole added stat exploit thing that ET and a few other top PvP guilds ran, learning your main adversaries have been cheating for weeks has a way of making you want to stop playing, the devs pissed me off so bad when they only temp banned people for that I stopped for 5 months ...

So yeah I feel bad I used that, does it make up for me using it no, but how the hell does it take a whole mod for the devs to fix something like that, I only play GWF, I do not play flavor of the month, so I was not gonna sit out a whole mod because the devs were incompetant .
    edited May 2015
    Intimidation was a bug? deep gash in mod 2? Oo... agreed on roar though, but it was hard to not use it when 99,9% of all GWF's were using it though, unless you wanted to set yourself up to lose .

a tanking feat as a oneshot-aoe spell not broken? sure it is

in red letters thats exactly the hypcracy that is spoken about, omg so many ppl here that can´t understand anything

i hope the bug stays and let you suffer until you understand what hypocracy means, what do you expect?
    that this class does not profit from broken **** as you did?

so name it warlocks revenge, all I see in PVP is abusing bugs or broken feats all through last mods, most ppl that come here defended this s.h.i.t. in tons of threads last mods, wanted to make ppl think that perma stunning and oneshooting abilities are ok (as long as its the class they play)

since I enjoy competition, PVP is more or less a dead arm of this game, that is no competition you face in most cases, beside that mod 6 is more balanced than others were, but playing this game in the small PVP community I see lots of selfish, small minded player who cheat the heck out of their chars
    I am really sure that this small community of player (the small minded) will never give up any advance in case of abusing bug or feats
    my hope is that there are some warlock player that have no bad feeling giving these players a taste of their own BS
    edited May 2015
    a tanking feat as a oneshot-aoe spell not broken? sure it is

in red leters thats exactly the hypcracy that is spoken about, omg so many ppl here that can´t understand anything

i hope the bug stays and let you suffer until you understand what hypocracy means

A skill being OP doesn't mean it is bugged, it just means it was OP... it wasn't bugged, find me one post were the devs officially recognized it was bugged, you won't ...
    edited May 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    Right. Then *don't* point at other players for thinking in the same way. It's not a mysterious, hard-to-do exploit they've created with SWs, they've just broken one of the good SW at-will features in PvP, that worked fine last module and that every major PvP SW I knew of was using. I alerted the developers as soon as I knew about it, hoping they'd speed-fix it, but they've had other priorities.

I specced out of it because I'm not going to be a hypocrite, I leave it to other SW players what they do, but I'm not going to judge them any harder than anyone that exploits any other bugs or broken things over it. It may be more broken than the average broken thing, but the class is otherwise still the weakest in PvP so it kind of evens out (that's not an "excuse"; just the fact that even with that bug there are harder things to fight in PvP than SWs). It's also possible to counter it, unlike some other broken things players are currently abusing/exploiting.

"It may be more broken than the average broken thing" yes this, it is more broken than the average broken thing, and needs fixing, I raged in a match vs one of these SWs (you were also there) because on mid there was a Pally using the broken offhand feat, on top of that he had a Terror (which also stuns for waaaay longer than a second like it says on the tooltip), spent half the time stunned and the other half dealing zero's cause of the SW bug, couldn't get off the only rotation GWF's have cause frontline, stun, means you will never land an IBS, the rare times I did the SW debuffed me, that match was won by exploits, what could have been a close and fun match, was a frustrating rofl stomp .