test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing Community Manager StrumSlinger

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Greetings adventurers,

As you may or may not know, our dear friend Akromatik has set sail for different shores. We have the utmost amount of respect for him and wish him all the best. To me, he wasn't only a great friend, but a mentor as well.

So who am I? I'm your friendly neighborhood StrumSlinger. You can call me Andy, Strum or even Spide--well, let's not give away my secret identity! I'm definitely an avid player of D&D where I mainly use a Paladin. I used to be the QA Lead for Neverwinter until I became the Community Manager for Arc a couple months back. Now, here I am, back in the land of Neverwinter and am super excited to meet you guys and carry on Akro's legacy.

You'll be seeing me much more in the near future so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me in this thread!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome Strumslinger!

Nice to meet you!

What's your most played character in Neverwinter? (characterName@handle). I've published a series of foundries focusing on the developers as main characters, and I think you're going to be featured in the next one :P. I can look you up on the gateway, I just need your character name and handle to do so!

Also, welcome to the community! I'm on here a lot, am super duper knowledgeable about this game, and I'm a moderator for the largest in-game player run community in Neverwinter: NW_Legit_Community. (You should join by the way!). Feel free to ask me any questions you have!

And finally the most important question: Is your hair as cool as Akromatik's?

On a more serious note, are you now the CM of both Arc and Neverwinter, or have you completely switched over to Neverwinter?

P.S. You forgot to use Teal Text. You've gotta use Teal Text Color. :/ Hint: Use the teal next time!. Akro /always/ posted in teal text. You must use teal text! :P The teal text was the secret to Akromatik's power! "#00FFFF" is the color code, you must use it always!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Strum the paladin, welcome.

Although for some reason, I keep thinking you should be a bard...
  • mentalmuttmentalmutt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fantastic; maybe now we will actually get some community management. With the new mod; things are way to bloody quiet and I have over half my crew talking about jumping ship because of the lack of response to the many issues plaguing the game.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Do you have green spiky hair?
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Paladin buffs incoming. #1 most OP class in a few weeks confirmed

You seem relaxed so far, Andy. Let's see how many modules you last.
    edited April 2015
    so your to blame for this new content then

..... He's a community manager. A new one at that, first day on the job. Give the guy a break, remember, community managers are not responsible for the game, they're responsible for managing us.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    *looks to the rest of the class*

Hey guys... look. It's the new substitue teacher.

*goes to rewrap some Exlax in Hershey wrappers*

And welcome. Try to not let us get to you to much... M'kay?

Chocolate?

Hey, I heard you missed us.. we're baaaaack!

I brought my pennnncil... gimme something to write on, man!

Oh man, I think the clock is slow...

I don't feel tardy...
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Of course most of you are probably way too young to know that song.. lol
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome!

I for my part will miss Akro and his streams.

I know this isnt a easy job and dealing with playerbases are very hard! We all share passions and many of us are vocal about our certain area of them =).

Dont let that stop you from posting! Zeb or Lew can always send us to the abyss.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome StrumSlinger!
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A warm welcome, StrumSlinger
    [...]community managers are not responsible for the game, they're responsible for managing us.[...]

^^^if this is true - ouch. Tough job.
    edited April 2015
    You might want to post in the Xbox One general discussion subforum as well, as this is a PC subsection.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • drakcertdrakcert Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The problem is that a healer and tanks are useless, do not know to support and seem unwilling to learn to do it, it's so frustrating I'm uploading a Paldin to show how it should be a good tank.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are you going to do foundry featuring? If so, how many and how often?

Also, welcome to Neverwinter!
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited April 2015
    Are you going to do foundry featuring? If so, how many and how often?

This ^^^^

Please, feature foundries. And fix them. Preferably both!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Welcome Strumslinger!

Nice to meet you!

What's your most played character in Neverwinter? (characterName@handle). I've published a series of foundries focusing on the developers as main characters, and I think you're going to be featured in the next one :P. I can look you up on the gateway, I just need your character name and handle to do so!

Also, welcome to the community! I'm on here a lot, am super duper knowledgeable about this game, and I'm a moderator for the largest in-game player run community in Neverwinter: NW_Legit_Community. (You should join by the way!). Feel free to ask me any questions you have!

And finally the most important question: Is your hair as cool as Akromatik's?

On a more serious note, are you now the CM of both Arc and Neverwinter, or have you completely switched over to Neverwinter?

P.S. You forgot to use Teal Text. You've gotta use Teal Text Color. :/ Hint: Use the teal next time!. Akro /always/ posted in teal text. You must use teal text! :P The teal text was the secret to Akromatik's power! "#00FFFF" is the color code, you must use it always!

Thanks! I played a Guardian Fighter for the longest time and still have it, but that was on my own personal account. I just started a Paladin, StrumSlinger@StrumSlinger who is a grand total of Level 4! That'll change soon though.

Oh man, I have to see these Foundry Quests now, and to all those asking, yup, I plan to continue featuring them. I'll totally join the NW_Legit_Community once I get things all settled on my end, but awesome job on that.

My hair is unfortunately, not as cool as Akro's and quite the opposite; it's jet black.

For the time being, I am both the CM for Arc and Neverwinter. Best of both worlds.

How about I post in orange text?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome Strum. God bless your soul, I hope you have thick skin and a low metabolism. Dealing with us, especially right now, cannot be easy. I hope you play Neverwinter (esp pvp) A LOT. Keep your head down and your powder dry. Goodluck!
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Spide, I like your signature +1 like! :)
    WELCOME~~!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Greetings adventurers,

As you may or may not know, our dear friend Akromatik has set sail for different shores. We have the utmost amount of respect for him and wish him all the best. To me, he wasn't only a great friend, but a mentor as well.

So who am I? I'm your friendly neighborhood StrumSlinger. You can call me Andy, Strum or even Spide--well, let's not give away my secret identity! I'm definitely an avid player of D&D where I mainly use a Paladin. I used to be the QA Lead for Neverwinter until I became the Community Manager for Arc a couple months back. Now, here I am, back in the land of Neverwinter and am super excited to meet you guys and carry on Akro's legacy.

You'll be seeing me much more in the near future so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me in this thread!

You're a whole neighborhood? Wow, you're big :D
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome, do you know if there will be any improvements to the server stability? Pre m6 i had 0 lags but now it's often 1-2s delay which makes the game nearly unplayable as mobs become twice as deadly.
  • mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome Strumslayer.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome Sturm,

The best of luck in managing the biggest Kindergarten class ever :P

Akro, you will be missed o/

/salute
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [...]My hair is unfortunately, not as cool as Akro's and quite the opposite; it's jet black.

Ask the hairdresser of your choice for advice, they have great voodoo, named "bleach" and "hydrogen peroxide" and stuffz...

[...]
    How about I post in orange text?

Legible enough for me.
  • wilburrrrwilburrrr Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome, Matey.

I hope you are more interactive than the last fella. The "community" has been starved of info for far too long.

As it happens, I do have a question. All I want to ask is: Mod 6, what the heck were they thinking??????
    I realise you won't really have an answer.
  • sumtasumta Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome to mod 7 andy, Player Terror
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi there StrumSlinger!

Well you have some big shoes to fill now that Akromatik's gone. But I'm sure you'll put your own stamp on things in times to come.

Hope we don't scare you away too soon :D
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh man, I have to see these Foundry Quests now, and to all those asking, yup, I plan to continue featuring them.

Welcome Strumslinger/Andy! I'd wait to feature any quests until about a week after the Foundry editor becomes operational again. (Can we get a ball park ETA on the return of the editor?) There were many changes in Mod 6, and several authors in the Foundry Community (including myself) have some tweaking to do of our quests to account for said changes. Module releases generally bring bugs to existing Foundry quests and most authors try to figure out ways to fix these. I have a feeling there will be more people playing Foundry quests than there was previously. Once again, welcome back to Neverwinter!
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5