test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paladin Class has no Damage Bonus Stat?

gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Citadel
Just as the title says, when looking through what each stat does, not one lists as increasing Damage Bonus.

5k6FZax.jpg

Was this intentional?
@Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
Post edited by gornonthecob on

Comments

• whitupigguwhitupiggu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's intentional. They want the paladin to be more about utility than damage. Although from the low level pve content they seem to do a lot of damage.
  • mrcharlytoomrcharlytoo Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Huh, I was going to ask the same thing. The table in the wiki makes it a bit more obvious:
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Oathbound_Paladin

Wisdom adds crit chance and healing bonus, so that might be one to go for if you are after a DD paladin
  • cerenathcerenath Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    con str and dex as stats? looks like you rolled a gf instead of a paladin:P
    edited April 2015
    The OP is comparing the stats for guardian fighter to paladin, just as an example.
  • espermagicespermagic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    meh having only played through blacklake the OP does enough damage at least early on. Killing Karsov only took me a total of maybe 2-3 seconds. The Daily does insane dmg for something that early.
    edited April 2015
    espermagic wrote: »
    meh having only played through blacklake the OP does enough damage at least early on. Killing Karsov only took me a total of maybe 2-3 seconds. The Daily does insane dmg for something that early.
    Yeah - makes me wonder if chasing AP isn't the way to go with a paladin. Use at-will powers to aggro and pull them in, cast daily to nuke. Insane.

I guess it will make the first 30levels very easy, then group play and heals become more important.