test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launch Delayed "A Few Weeks"

mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Thank goodness. Better to get it right than toss it out incomplete/incorrect. I'm glad Cryptic was able to get WotC and/or PWE on board with this decision.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/PAB_nw/news/detail/9081593
Post edited by mystagogue on

Comments

• mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When we first announced Neverwinter: Elemental Evil in January, our team was excited to introduce the community to our biggest expansion launch for Neverwinter to-date. With our efforts to revamp nearly all of our in-game systems, including the introduction of the level cap increase and the new Oathbound Paladin class, our plan was more ambitious than we had anticipated.

Our Neverwinter team wants to ensure that we deliver our promise of a high quality expansion, and in order to do so, we need a few more weeks to fine tune the Neverwinter: Elemental Evil experience. Consequently, we have made the decision to delay the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil to April 7.

We appreciate your patience as we take this extra time to make sure the Neverwinter: Elemental Evil experience lives up to not only our expectations but yours as well. Our team is extremely excited for players to experience the new story, zones, critter groups and additional new changes coming to our game in April. Stay tuned to our blog and social channels as we continue to share additional details for Neverwinter: Elemental Evil.

Here's the text for those that that don't want to click on the link.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh, I see that April 7th is the actual official new date.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am glad to see that Cryptic was able to do this since they feel the need for more development time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well this is really good news and I think a large number of people within the community and especially people who have been testing module 6 will breathe a collective sigh of relief , probably a really difficult decision but definitely the correct one.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Indeed, a very good and wise choice. I am also glad they delayed it. Thanks, Cryptic!
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    verry good news i realy feel it wasnt ready yet
  • blackrainzblackrainz Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Why this bad news be the first thing I have read in the morning. ....
  • fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I fully support there decision, its better to do it right.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    blackrainz wrote: »

It really isn't bad news , if anything it is a very wise but difficult decision that Cryptic have made.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Overall I'm pretty glad you decided to extend the date of release, I was looking at the preview alot and I feel like it's the better decision too.

+1 devs on this.

Side note, don't forget us warlocks we still need some lovin' before mod 6 comes out... The class is in bad shape in preview
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • koalazebraiikoalazebraii Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    blackrainz wrote: »

100% of people with brains will view this as a good news instead.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Here is the link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9081593

Well done Devs, I know it's not what you may want, but it is a GOOD idea. Kudos to you! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pretty sure Cryptic were like holy @#$% when they took a good look at the progress made and what was still needed before launch.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is great news.

I think Module 6 is going to be a big step forward for Neverwinter...when it's finished.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    News of the week! Definitely the right decision, thanks!

Edit: Please also dedicate several hours to reading through ALL the feedback and especially bug reports that we have presented to you. Ideally, give us some insight on what you can or can't address for a more healthy tester-developer relationship.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Agreed. I'm saving that link for posterity. Next time someone posts that Cryptic never listens to feedback from the players, I'm going to whip it out.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I pray the DEVs will listen a little more to the feedback now.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Kudos to Cryptic for having the guts and wisdom to do the right thing here.
  • kr0nixx#5213 kr0nixx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its good because it was not ready by any means, but they BETTER GIVE US SOMETHING TO DO UNTIL THEN!!!!

Throw us a couple CTA's please or at least one :S. Its pretty boring with no content to run............
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think you folks made the right decision. I look forward to seeing Mod 6 when it comes out! :)
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's easy to see when you do the right thing, look at this thread.
    Compare the feedback here to initial announcement, a very different story.

+1 for a good choice.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic/PWE is doing the right thing. Module 6 will be awesome but everything needs his time :)
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kr0nixx wrote: »
    Its good because it was not ready by any means, but they BETTER GIVE US SOMETHING TO DO UNTIL THEN!!!!

Throw us a couple CTA's please or at least one :S. Its pretty boring with no content to run............

No doubt they're all-hands-on-deck for mod 6, if they had to slip the date. We really shouldn't expect them to have to pull resources away from that effort just to tide us over for three more weeks.

If you're that bored, maybe check my sig? ;)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kr0nixx wrote: »

How about we just let them finish the mod. Instead of side tracking them with needless demands for stuff to hold us over.
  • hochstepanzerhochstepanzer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Holding off on releasing a bugged product is great, but I have to wonder why it took so long to come to that decision, why it came down to the last minute to make it.

That they needed to wait should have been clear before the countdown to release client splash was started.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Best news this year so far!
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's good news but I'm now going to have two shiny new empty char slots sitting there staring at me for another three weeks before I get to make a paladin. I only bought them yesterday and already they are nagging me to create new toons. And I have no will power. Hmmm... maybe I could create just one new toon and save the other slot for the pally. Maybe. ;p

But, yeah, great decision. I bet there has been more than a little politicking behind the scenes.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i'm glad to hear that, this is an awesome news!
    this giving me a hope for a good/realistic improvement for my GWF Class, which really need it.
    Great! thanks for this announcement.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●