test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2X RP This weekend 2/27 - 3/2 Just Announced on FB

mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Burn 'em if you got 'em. Post just went up on Facebook.
Post edited by mystagogue on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sigh.

I guess the cloaks are probably still safe to put points into.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    good thing I have 0 rp to use... 0x2?... oh
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    what 2x rp just when we found out there are lv 70 artifacts in m6?this is a joke right?

Obviously they won't do it right after mod 6, that would cut into their profits. We're going to have to wait longer than that so just be glad we're getting this I guess.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Fantastic, i have a nice hoard of RP going, will just continue hoarding until Friday when it starts. Best news I've heard all day.

New (better) artifact gear is coming out in Mod 6.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Excellent!! Nice to know this is going forward even though the livestream said that there were no plans for a double RP weekend. Even the devs can surprise us, it seems.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think it is great!

Thank you for this spontaneous event!

I hope to have more after mod 6 and those who are upset about your offering can choose to save their RP for then!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Personally, I've got enough stuff (because not-legendary) to refine that I was gonna have to refine anyway, so this will let me spread it out.

But encouraging people to burn all their stored points prior to introducing new gear (which we wouldn't even know about if players weren't actively looking for it) isn't cool.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    guidakisguidakis Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it's a nice move, most of the ppl will be wasting RP on this event.

1) Make a double RP before 2 weekes from next mod (announcing 2 days before the event). This will create a nice RP sink.
    2) Release next mod with a lot of upgraded equipment.
    3) Wait couple of weeks (so ppl can get new equipment) and then release a double RP AND discount on Zen market RP points. (most ppl will use their old equip on new one and then buy the RP the have left to finish their equipment)

There you go $$$$ for cryptic.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Could you please post a link or something, haven't found anything about a 2RP event going on next weekend.

It's posted on FB for the time being.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Also Twitter

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nice for all the people who have no idea about the mod 6 gear , I'd rather save my RP for module 6 and get 100% worth of the RP rather than feed any into existing gear then lose loads of RP when I need to refine my current gear into new gear in a few weeks.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I will feed my artifacts (no gear) with some enchants stacks. And try to refine some Enchantments like radiants/dragon hoards!

It's better than no 2xRP weekend, isn't it?

Yeah I just thought of that myself , I'm going to level up a 4th artifact ready for when I hit lvl 70 but no chance I'm wasting any RP in artifact gear though.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry I didn't post a like in my initial message. I think all in all it's a good thing. If nothing else I have plenty of 4th artifacts sitting in storage that I can level up some prior to Mod 6.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Does anyone know if any of our artifacts of any type will be scaled up with mod 6? Example: I have a cloak which currently goes to 59 max. Will it be automatically scaled up to a higher level for refinement when we go mod 6?

If some artifacts will increase with mod 6 and some wont, please describe which ones.

The point here is obviously to decide which artifacts are worth refining during the x2 event and which are not.

thanks
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You see, there's always something to refine, ergo: 2xRP events are great no matter when they are

Exactly. To those who have things they need to refine, it's awesome.

To those who want to be all Debbie Downer, they can just go about their business as usual.

Personally, I'm excited. I got a few things I need to work on before Module 6 :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It's nice to have a way to be a lot closer to legendary gear on at least one piece, just because it's a goal to shoot for. Myself, I'm nonplussed by the new gear offering in mod 6 and don't feel it's worth the outlay to upgrade at this time.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    edited February 2015
    For example, I guess I can probably make that perfect Terror now.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Excellent!! Nice to know this is going forward even though the livestream said that there were no plans for a double RP weekend. Even the devs can surprise us, it seems.

I find it's kinda of a cheap shot from the producers on Akro. Let him announce there is no plan for a 2x rp event and 2 weeks later make a 2x rp event. Kinda makes it look like they don't tell him anything and he looses lots of credibility. To be fair they may not have known themselves at the time.

Because of that announcement lots of ppl may have refined what they had thinking they have time to restock before the next 2x rp event and now this...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Because of that announcement lots of ppl may have refined what they had thinking they have time to restock before the next 2x rp event and now this...

I can't speak for everyone, but I will always commit to hoarding my RP for longer, rather than using it up. I can squeeze out more storage space from somewhere, somehow....

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To be honest, I would like better and higher drops with no Cooldown for our Dragon Hoard Enchants and have them state that there will NEVER be an x2 Refinement Weekend again. That way I dont get bored to death saving up all those Refining Stones. Its really tiresome.

I want to be able to use my refining stones now rather then wonder if/when is the next x2 event.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    New (better) artifact gear is coming out in Mod 6.

But may as well burn enchants to rank up enchants and artifacts - Just be aware of the stat changes in Mod 6!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.