What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF / Stamina / Pseudodragon /PvE perspective

nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Militia Barracks
HI,
just wondering, do you think the Pseudodragon with it's Active Bonus

20% chance to restore some Stamina/Guard when attacking.

is a good idea for a PvE GF these days?

Do you have experience with it and would you recommend it for its use with the active bonus?
What pets do you use as GF for active bonus?
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
Post edited by nameexpired on

Comments

• Options
    zekonewzekonew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am aiming to get the pseudodragon, but it's either expensive or a rare lockbox drop. It does depend on how much stamina it restores, but it looks good to me.

As for other companions, the Dread Warrior is good, and he's always in my active list. The Ioun Stone of Might is another one that I use frequently.
    Akaneth - level 60 DC, healer
    Akarick - level 60 GF, tank

Member of BloodGuard
  • Options
    tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would be interested in your opinion of using the Pseudo as a GF, if you happen to remember this post once you use the Pseudo a bit.
    If you have a character on preview I can send you one per mail.
  • Options
    zekonewzekonew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I find that the Refresh effect (which is what the effect that restores stamina is called) is useful. It activates a couple of times per fight, and I do notice its effects. The pseudodragon is quite squishy, so he's not great to have summoned, but he tends to not draw too much aggro, at least nothing I can't Threatening Rush off him. He's not a superawesomeamazing pet, but he's nice to have around.

And I think he looks quite cute too :P

GameClient_2014_08_29_01_08_52_702.jpg?dl=1
    Akaneth - level 60 DC, healer
    Akarick - level 60 GF, tank

Member of BloodGuard
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dread Warrior is good, I'd also recommend Rust Monster and Blacksmith.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I tested it before the new block changes. it gave around 1% block meter, so basically it was worthless back then.

Right now im not too sure (just from guesstimation i'd say its not great still). Just remember GFs hit very slow and less targets compared to other classes.

EDIT: now that i think about it, in certain situations it could be really good if it procs off guarded assault (reflect) with valor on, in add heavy fights you should be able to keep your block up for a very long time (i dont have one so i cannot confirm)

As for what pets.

Honey badger: Great
    Blink dog: you get combat advantage from your mark (last time i tested this it gave a flat +5% bonus but so many people claim otherwise I will need to retest this.)
    Rust monster: Okay, but yourll likely only get one stack on a mob (mobs attack very slowly so yourll never get more than 1 stack on a regular foe)
    Bear: More HP.
    Slyph: 50% control resist for when you don't have your shield up, or silenced etc etc.

Don't know why people say blacksmith, i think its horrible. If you want a damage reflect I would go for renegade evoker instead.

There are tons of other pets with +damage and things that work fine too.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".