test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold Spammer Friend Invites

gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
They're driving me insane!

Can we please just ban characters from having the name <removed>? Or banning characters from using .com in their name?
@Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
Post edited by gornonthecob on

Comments

• ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, pretty sad that's not in the auto filter yet, as I've been reporting these gold sellers.
  • doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have reported a few gold spammers but it is not as easy to report as in the other methods they have. If there isn't a way to block those invites, maybe they should had some option to the invite to be able to report the gold spammers and ignore them from the invite.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Doesn't matter, they'll still find a way =/
  • doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, they'll still find a way =/

I know they will find a way but giving us an option to report and ignore from a friend invite would make it a lot easier.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You mean a direct menu option as opposed to going into your chat log and doing it from there? I do that as long as the invite didn't happen during combat.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited July 2014
    I get really mad when the invites happen in combat. But other than that ... Neverwinter's a big game, and is also the perfect game for gold spammers to target. Annoying, but nothing really bad.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    yeah I get about 20 a day and it really annoys me....during pvp games when I'm in a fight it pops up right in the middle of the screen -.-
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    I get really mad when the invites happen in combat.

+1

Otherwise I just put them on option 3 for now, pending so they can't send more from the same toon, at least.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's what I do too, after several foolish declines.
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    +1

Otherwise I just put them on option 3 for now, pending so they can't send more from the same toon, at least.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    doogie74 wrote: »
    I have reported a few gold spammers but it is not as easy to report as in the other methods they have. If there isn't a way to block those invites, maybe they should had some option to the invite to be able to report the gold spammers and ignore them from the invite.

They keep making tons and tons of new botting accounts each day.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    /sarcasm

How could they be driving you insane? Gold sellers no longer exist. The all powerful and benevolent PW made them cease to exist by simply binding evil keys and invoke/bar wards to account. Problem fixed. You must be hallucinating. Gold sellers/spammers no longer inhabit Neverwinter.

/sarcasm
  • urkwilbururkwilbur Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It would be nice if we could move the pop up to the side of the screen at least, or it not be available during pvp / instance. Always seems to pop up right in boss fight or encounter in pvp.

I almost sometimes wonder if the other side isn't having some friend send them to mess up pvp. (Seen friend requests and trade requests used that way in another mmo.

Solution was giving option to disable such things in pvp, or to move the pop up to an out of the way part of the screen so it doesn't block your main view at least.

Oh well I usually take them as friends, then I put them on ignore and unfriend them when convient.

Still a minor irritant, kinda like a flea running around and biting you, and you can't find him. What would be great would be to flag all of them for open pvp anywhere anytime by anyone. and give them 110% agro attraction with like a 1000 foot radius so everytime they walk out to farm everything in sight mobs them

Now finding out who are the bots n gold sellers etc, that is something I don't want to waste my life trying to do, but I'd sure hunt them if they flagged and I knew they were declared outcast and open to hunt by all.

:) Nice morning thought.
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is getting to be a problem last night i was in a dungeon mid boss fight and i got one of these, got me killed too, thankfully i had a soulforged on but still its ridiculous. Please Cryptic do something to stop this, its really disconcerting.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . Sorry but the forums are not the place to report or discuss bad behavior. I also get hit by these spammers, so that just shows how "smart" they are, spamming a Community Staff Member... In any case, the best thing to do is to Deny the request then look in your system chat for the denial message output. You can then right-click on their @handle and choose "Report Spam." Not only will this put them on your ignore list, but it will also report them to the Game Masters.

. . . As well, if you want to stop them from seeing you in the online social menu (this is how they are seeing people and then just go down the list): Open up the Social Menu (O by Default) and click on Preferences on the bottom right. Then in that small window, set yourself to be visible to Friends Only or completely Invisible (3rd drop down menu option).

. . . Personally, I set myself visible on all my characters recently after being hit by one on a character that wasn't invisible, so that way I can help to report these infidels since they don't have a clue who they're spamming.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.