test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How is the TR these days..?

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Hi, I usually play a CW and an HR, but I've an additional slot free, and am wondering which class to play. Pve is covered by my CW, and pvp by the HR, so I'm now looking for the most fun character class. Gwf and gf don't appeal, and I'm not really the altruistic healer type, so...

How much fun is a rank 7 enchant TR to play..?
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    if spec for perma its still good.
    but dont know abouth fun part its just staying perma and using atwils.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    if spec for perma its still good.
    but dont know abouth fun part its just staying perma and using atwils.
    Indeed.

Also, we are constantly getting insulted and then ignored just for using our class abilities in PvP. ROFL
    As for PvE part...being PvE TR is sad if you don't like pugging with 7-9Ks plus, in some parties I have had a chance to run CN with on my DC, I've experienced toxic and negative attitude towards TR no matter how geared the one was. *Snorts* "Useless Pet class" as one Great <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Figther said...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sooo... you're basically saying avoid tr like the plague..?

Dayum. Kinda was up for it, but now, well maybe I'll wait to see what mod4 brings, classwise. Anyway, thnx for your replies people.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    good :
    spec perma saboteur easy to find (snow)
    rank 6,7(silvery) enchants,bilethorn are enough to get top pages
    can beat any pvorpal tr even 2 at the time.
    dont die if u dont want just run around if low hp
    its a bit troll build so trolling alowed

bad:
    cant pve (u will have 27% crit chance) and lb will hit 10k crit
    no dmg encounters most just use ss(stealth refil)bait(stealth refil) itc- 5sec imunity time (when u do stealth refil)
    u need to practise dualist flurry jumping and its only dmg u will ever get(beside daily)
    hard to kill hr
    even harder gwf
    no one will like u
    u must cap 3 every game u will ever play dont expect praises.

just few randome things to make u decide easyer.
    but my opinion is every good pvp player should have tr.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Is there a one-hit wonder assassin build without much stealth..? I can imagine sneaking up on some poor ice miner in openworld pvp and just nuking him in one half rotation..? Okay, trollish of me, but fun I imagine. Just a stupid flick me and I die glass cannon..?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you want a PVE TR, the most important thing is to have a good group that isn't going to look down on you because of the way Paingiver is calculated. My TR can still do enough single target damage to take aggro from a higher geared GWF and speeds up boss fights considerably. For clearing trash, I slot either Blitz or PotB as well as concentrating on removing the biggest/most annoying mob on the field, the maw or the drow priestess or whatever. My GWF and my TR have similiar GSs. The GWF is easier to play but I enjoy the TR more.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Is there a one-hit wonder assassin build without much stealth..? I can imagine sneaking up on some poor ice miner in openworld pvp and just nuking him in one half rotation..? Okay, trollish of me, but fun I imagine. Just a stupid flick me and I die glass cannon..?

no not even close top dps spec can hit 15 to 20k lb in perfect conditiones(which never happen twice) with pvorp and very high gear.still u will need to use semi perma build.ss,itc,lb
    now 30k hp is standard even in pugs and normal pvp player has 35k avreage with 20%plus deflect,stamina ......so u hit 15k and wait 20 sec cooldown hes back to 25k hp easy
    if u want glass canon play gwf destroyer with 42k hp hehe.
    tr is to much hassle to get 15k lb
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    tr is a troll class eather u troll enemy or yourself.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    If you want a PVE TR, the most important thing is to have a good group that isn't going to look down on you because of the way Paingiver is calculated.

After one year of playing this game as a PvP TR, I finally earned my title as Paingiver >.>

>.>
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    After one year of playing this game as a PvP TR, I finally earned my title as Paingiver >.>

>.>

HAH! I still sport "Field Medic"