test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your most memorable kill.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Wilds
Okay, this is a pvp bragging thread. Sorry. Or not sorry, anyway. Post 'em if you got them.

To set the bar:

So today, I killed a gf.

No biggie you say. But the dead gf is not the point, the point of the story is where I killed the gf.

Mother load in DV open pvp. Just me and him. Clever guy, he made me chase him into the circle with the big chunk of ice, bugged though, no chunk of ice. However, there were about 20 of those red faction guys standing round him. And I aggro'd them all in the course of the fight. So I've got an angry gf shield bashing me all over the place, and 20 red guys chucking stuff at me constantly, took me a while but I dodged them, and killed the gf, didn't even pop my soulforge. Without ever leaving the circle.

Gotta love a tough pf build.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• ontiszontisz Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Okay, this is a WoW bragging post. Sorry. Or not sorry, anyway.

Back in the days when the grass was still green and whatnot, I raided Ulduar. Namely, Mimiron 25ppl Hard mode. Long story short, it has a strict enrage timer after which he floods the room with fires and kills people instantly.
    There also was a vanilla quest in Ashenvale that provided a fancy potion, named "Light of Elune". It was removed from the game long ago but back then I still had that potion lying patiently in my bank for over three years.
    The potion makes you invulnerable for 10 seconds. Just like those fancy paladin bubbles of immunity, only that it doesn't get pierced by anything, as I found out. So I, as a Cat druid, after certain amount of wipes trying to take that damned mechagnome down, snatched that godly potion from my bank and prepared to epic win.
    It worked.
    At one of those wipes on last phase (when the boss is literally a floppin' Transformer with 3 separate modules - chassis, torso and head, and you need to kill them all at once or they'll repair themselver) I found myself scratching the rear of the chassis when enrage timer kicked in. Head was dead and repairing, chest had some 220k HP left and chassis had some 100k HP left when people started dying.
    I opened my backpack and gulped that potion.
    With dire tremor in my fingers, I began shreddin' those two modules like there's no tomorrow. Some DOTs that were still up from the dead teammates were also helping. And at 9th second out of 10, the boss actually died. We got an achievement, we got the loots and it was helluva screaming over the Vent. I felt myself a floppin' King of the Day.
    It was awesome.

...a GF you killed near the Mother lode? That's cute.
    </Sorakasm>
    Mi-Ala Starbreeze : HR main. Best PVE HR out there, until someone proves me wrong.
    I've threatened Ghostcrawler and got permabanned at Blizzard forums.
    I went mad at PL "community" in SWTOR and got permabanned.
    Believe me, you don't want to see the tickets I used to sent to CCP. I got permabanned from EVE.
    I was infuriated by the amount of autists in League of Legends and got permabanned. Twice.
    Cryptic, here I go.
    Lo and behold.
  • hawaiicayehawaiicaye Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Your kill story is WotLK, let alone WoW, and you're making fun of him? Seems a little harsh to me. At least give us something BC...

OP, sounds epic. My best kill is any time I kill a GWF on my CW main. (
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    :), bragging thread, a certain level of one-upmanship is to be expected. Nice story. Keep 'em coming folks.
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    In only one night I killed 15 mosquitos, barehanded.
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Okay, this is a pvp bragging thread. Sorry. Or not sorry, anyway. Post 'em if you got them.

To set the bar:

So today, I killed a gf.

No biggie you say. But the dead gf is not the point, the point of the story is where I killed the gf.

Mother load in DV open pvp. Just me and him. Clever guy, he made me chase him into the circle with the big chunk of ice, bugged though, no chunk of ice. However, there were about 20 of those red faction guys standing round him. And I aggro'd them all in the course of the fight. So I've got an angry gf shield bashing me all over the place, and 20 red guys chucking stuff at me constantly, took me a while but I dodged them, and killed the gf, didn't even pop my soulforge. Without ever leaving the circle.

Gotta love a tough pf build.

doesnt sound like a tough pf build it sounds more like a pure skill.
    dont be so modest.
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, I suppose there might have been a certain amount of button pressing involved, and some degree of flair perhaps.:cool:
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maybe not the best but most memorable:

Really pissed off GWF runing at my face, got 1/10th of heath, 50 Madness kicks in. Aimed shot charging. Shot released when guy is half a meter from me. Freight train stopped dead on his tracks. So satisfying.
    edited June 2014
    Lol, always nice to toast a gwf.

Another one I remember from long ago, when I was just a wee stormwarden.

Dominion. We'd lost, 800 to what, probably about 60 or something. My team are camping, the enemy team are all stuck up on our homebase, mounted, probably chatting amongst themselves. Premade team, they'd kicked our poor little pug asses. Anyway, forest ghost was up. So I thought sod it, hopped off the respawn platform, stealthed up and ran for homebase.

Drew a bead on the guy on the crappy horse at the back and aimed shot him off his mount with the last gasps of stealth. Thank god for criticals. Decloaked, and immediately gave him a hindering disruptive hindering salvo - this was back in the days when stormstep cooled you off for 3 secs, then rushed in, foxed him and hindering struck him dead as a doornail. By this time the rest of his team was kicking all shades of bejesus out of me, but just before I went down, I managed to put the executioner's boot in on their dead friend.

I lost the match laughing.
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    did my pvp just a while ago
    putting careful atk+gpf+aimedstrike's bleed+slasher's on a GWF and perma shift all the way when the buff wore off I marauder in/out and the best part is: I didn't even need to atk him at all he just died chasing me from point a to point b where my ward is in the middle of it marauder in/out = troll level 1000
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
    edited June 2014
    Nice. I haven't used slashers yet - have to try it sometime. Great tactics too, I guess they build dumb into the gwf paragon paths :)
    edited June 2014
    Back when I was sitting at 16k GS and HRs still had cooldown rewind glitches I went to the sandbox to do a Domination daily. I had an instant leaver and instant emocry duo who refused to even walk outside of base "GG 4V5 I AFK". So yeah, I went mad. I ran down to the middle of the map followed by a single DC who immediately went to claim the side node. I had to charge forward alone - well, I did.
    I guess their entire team was poorly geared but still...
    I Marauder'd the enemy CW and sliced him open within three seconds thanks to Fox and Ghost combo. Poor clothie didnt even have a chance to teleport away. Right after that I dashed to the GWF and dodged his reflex prone ability. Another 3 seconds and he goes down, not even using his "enlargement". I caught a set of debuffs from DC and a freezing combo from the second CW, but managed to dodge further attacks. I shot down DC with ranged attacks and another Marauder charge+Fox combo, then popped Waters+Meditation to heal myself up a bit. Right after Meditation reset my cooldowns, I interrupted it with a dash to keep the 50% AP. I charged at the last CW and a TR who just came from the third node. FG, Fox, ranged stance, four shots, they both died.
    I felt myself a floppin' god.
    Within five seconds four enemies left the game.
    And I won the sandbox PVP match alone.
    Mi-Ala Starbreeze : HR main. Best PVE HR out there, until someone proves me wrong.
    Believe me, you don't want to see the tickets I used to sent to CCP. I got permabanned from EVE.
    I was infuriated by the amount of autists in League of Legends and got permabanned. Twice.
    Cryptic, here I go.
    Lo and behold.
    edited June 2014
    Fair enough, you should pvp more, see how things have changed. Be nice to see what build you come up with to counter all the spike damage reductions.

Nice story btw.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For me it is always the best, when i come across people in PVP, who bash on my little GF for being broken and than that little dwarf smacks the head of a big mouth, god like perma, no better satisfaction than that.

I had one guy, who i will not name, but he had an evil name and his nose was sky high and played a perma, he offended me badly and he was my teammate in PVP. Guess what, the next match he was my opponent, boy i loved when i could get a kill on him, with a broken GF.

In events and skirmishes, when i see my chars name above a highly praised class, that is making me feel a bit better, until i wait for the Devs to fix the GF, mostly for PVE, but for PVP too.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited June 2014
    Revenge is always nice. Hard to come by, but nice.
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Fair enough, you should pvp more, see how things have changed. Be nice to see what build you come up with to counter all the spike damage reductions.

Nice story btw.

I didn't have a single defensive item or enchantment. I went full DPS and that's the only reason why I managed to take down 5 enemies in 20 seconds tops. Should they be at least >30 IQ, they'd comprehend the conception of "focus fire" and "cc that HR", but they decided to die one by one and then leave.
    Back then I didn't attent to forum. I bet there were LOADS of "OMG HR OP NERFPLZ" topics.
    ...it just came to me now, could I've been the reason of that nerf a month ago?
    Sigh.
    Q_Q
    Cryptic, here I go.
    Lo and behold.
    edited June 2014
    ontisz wrote: »
    I didn't have a single defensive item or enchantment. I went full DPS and that's the only reason why I managed to take down 5 enemies in 20 seconds tops. Should they be at least >30 IQ, they'd comprehend the conception of "focus fire" and "cc that HR", but they decided to die one by one and then leave.
    Back then I didn't attent to forum. I bet there were LOADS of "OMG HR OP NERFPLZ" topics.
    ...it just came to me now, could I've been the reason of that nerf a month ago?
    Sigh.
    Q_Q

I will find where you live >:3
  • captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know about memorable, but the funniest was in GG. I saw 3 Luskan's heading across the drawbridge so flicked the switch and killed them lol.

Apart from the killing any perma-stealth TR is memorable. It must be nice to skulk away like a coward.
    edited June 2014
    I don't know about memorable, but the funniest was in GG. I saw 3 Luskan's heading across the drawbridge so flicked the switch and killed them lol.

Apart from the killing any perma-stealth TR is memorable. It must be nice to skulk away like a coward.

Lol.

4 wins 4 games tonight. Happy HR. C'mon, poor TRs, haven't met one I haven't maimed, stalemated or killed post mod3. Tonight there were 2 consecutive psTRs who tried to hide behind the corner pillars in the rivens map. Like we don't know that trick. Anyway, they died.

Keep 'em coming.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    being a cw, i put a big mitigation debuff on my friend when we were 1v1ing and i crit a 29.6k ice knife and essentially 1 hit him xD he is an hr so that makes it relevant
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I 3v1ed an HR, CW and TR at a node today in Dom. I'm sure they were nubbers but still it was fun.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
    edited June 2014
    I 3v1ed an HR, CW and TR at a node today in Dom. I'm sure they were nubbers but still it was fun.

IKR? Couple of days ago I kited a GWF like a baby, then killed him. He pm'd me ingame "woa, sure HR is very strong". I wanted to cringe. I even pm'd him "not at all, you just need to work on your prone timing, that's all"

Oh lord:rolleyes:
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nothing titanic. But my most memorable was at a GG pre-tenacity when I ended up going for a node at the same time as a Gwiff on the opposing team. Actually ended up in a 1v1 in GG. I just kept baiting him into making stupid moves/ wasting his unstoppable, making him more angry so he would make more mistakes. After capping he started sending me angry PMs. Asking for a re-match, etc. I calmly explained to him why he lost, what I did to him, and how he could have avoided it. He was still sending me angry messages well into phase3. Maybe I am a bad person but that is my most memorable.
    edited June 2014
    CWs are more dangerous in pvp than people give them credit for, my other's a CW, she kicks *** in IWP owpvp. 1 shot a brother HR !!! We shall track you down !

But, nice one. The only time I one shot people is across mid when they're low hp and fighting someone else and no-one interrupts aimed shot.

Nice triple hamlet.

Gotta love gwf fanmail.

Dunno why, but killing gwfs is just more fun than any other class.
    edited June 2014
    Okay, so tonight in owpvp in icewind pass, I stooped to do a little patrol, looking for lone ice miners.

Got me a couple.

Anyway, heading back I spy me another. Big strapping gwf. Sneak up, shoot him in the back twice, dive in, knock him down. Put a big fat crosshair on his ***.

ME out.

Uh. ME out.

Argh ! ME out.

Oh dear. I've been cockatriced. He starts whaling on me, and I, brave soul that I am, make a run for it. I dodge, I weave, I can feel gwf breath on my neck. I turn a corner and thank god, there are 2 fellow ten towners. The gwf, being a gwf, just lays into all of us. I get some distance, and aim shot him dead as a doornail.

We mine a bit of ice. Head out. On the way back, who do we meet...? Yep, same gwf. He's been waitlng at the top. We stop, he jumps over the wall and just stands there, glaring. Gotta admire his pluck.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we killed the same guy 4 times. He kept coming back. I gave up on the fancy footwork, just shot him and knocked him down if he moved in close. Gwfs with ******* cockatrices, Gotta love em.
    edited August 2014
    Been awhile since I've killed anyone memorably... But had a good one today.

Gwfs these days seem to be sprinting a lot more often than they did. One on mid yesterday would fight until his hitpoints were looking shaky, then suddenly sprint off to either one or three, depending on which was in our control. Can't fault his tactics really. Anyway, he pulled the same stunt, I don't run with MR on my bar anymore, so had no hope of catching him in a footrace.

Luckily this time he took the long way around the big pillar to the stairs. I took the short way. Too far to get him with melee, so drew a bead on him with aimed shot. Warming up. He's reached the stairs. Still warming up, he's halfway up...

He's just reached the top when aimed goes off, and he swerves toward cover around the pillar on the left. The shot, lol, follows him round and crits.

Boom, one dead gwf.
  • sandstorm777sandstorm777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This was more of a memorable game for me than a memorable kill. I stopped PvPing for a while, busy with work and to be completely honest I am bored/tired of it at the moment. So I decide hey might as well do my dailies and get them out of the way, it was my day off afterall. Queue up, get arguably the most annoying team that I could ever ask for to face, here I am just wanting to do some fun games and I get stuck with an opposition of TR x2 HR GWF GF, and believe me, that is ****ing annoying.

It was a great game, went back and forth, though me being the super pro I am obvs (sarcasm) just made short work of everyone. It got to a point where if I was seen everyone would stop attacking whoever they were attacking and try to CC me down, I had a pretty stellar score, I didn't die for quite some time. Until the last minute. The 40th minute. 40 Minutes of PvP and no deaths, I wasn't even angry, I just laughed my *** off. Needless to say we lost, but def going to remember that annoying team and how I just wanted a simple game and ended up getting one of the most intense games I've had in NW.

It really made me feel like playing again, until then next 3 games were complete stomps and I realize this game is stupid.

2gy11t4.jpg for anyone that cares
  • discriminatingdiscriminating Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2014
    It really made me feel like playing again, until then next 3 games were complete stomps and I realize this game is stupid.

This statement is simply too awesome to not put in my signature.

Also, my most memorable kill is always my last one.
  • sandstorm777sandstorm777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This statement is simply too awesome to not put in my signature.

Also, my most memorable kill is always my last one.

If you're looking for permission buddy you got it. Spread the word.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    killed someone with a scroll of deathly aura, while on a mount, classic.

also....

ag0y3gW_460sa_v1.gif
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Seeing as non-HRs are also posting here;

I broke off of a fight at mid in Rivenscar to try and steal a potion. I'm down to about 10% health. GWF chases me up the stairs and races to the potion. **** it. I position myself and Bull Charge him down the stairs and move further on up. He comes again. I now strategically use my block to avoid his sun-prone-IBS rotation before timing my prone-Lunging-Anvil rotation on him. Drop shield and run when he goes Unstoppable. My regen has brought me to about 50% health while I've managed to whittle him down to around 60%. All the while during this shield dance I have been luring him to the bridge. Eventually I have him where I want him and Bull Charge him off. We're both at 50% now. I run to ledge that overlooks the start of the staircase and see that he is coming back for me. Unfortunately for him, the boot is now on the other foot. My entire rotation is off cooldown so I jump and while in midair I Tab Mark-Bull Charge him, then Terrifying Impact (which crits), Lunging Strike and finish it off with Anvil of Doom. Dead.

I bet he was fuming.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.