test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are your companion's names?

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have too many to even keep track of... but my favorites are:

Skeletal Dog: Fifi (I like oxymoronic names)
    Illusionist: Ajax (as in the cleaner)
    Dire Wolf: Pinky (Need to be able to dye companions, I shout out loud)
    Panther: Waldo (he's never to be found when I need him)
    Owl: Tootsiepop (I couldn't help but to think of that old "Three Licks" TV commercial)
    Angel of Protection: Alhambra (My next one will be Valkyrie I suppose)

I know: I'm not all that creative.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a habit of looking up mythological or folkloric names for mine from around the world and some come from my more favorite fiction books.

I'll just post my CW ones, since some of them are repetitive.
    Fawn of Shiallia - Cernunnos
    Frost Mimic - Sapient Pearwood Luggage
    War Dog - Mouse
    Damaran Shepherd - Sirius
    Hunting Hawk - Eryri
    Dog - Cu-Sith
    Pig - Zhu Bajie
    Portal Hound - Inugami
    Man at Arms - Fiore dei Liberi
    Ioun Stone of Allure - Support Materia
    Jagged Dancing Blade - Tizona
    contents to be decided
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some of my companions:

Dog: Fluffy
    Damaran Shepherd: Scruffy, Scruffy the 2nd, Scruffy the 3rd (got 3 of them on 1 char due to a bug)
    Cleric: Sister Claire
    Wererat Thief: Stinky
    Green Slime: Lime Flavoured
    Ioun Stone of Allure: Mariposa
    Ioun Stone of Radiance: Halo
    Jagged dancing blade: Durendal
    Renegade Illusionist: Ahmed (Ahmed El Bayed)
    Pseudodragon: Dumpling
    Aranea: Peony
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Most of mine are just the name of the companion, but I have a few I actually put some thought into.

Book Imp: Galrenoth (Completely random)
    Owl: Duclaena (Also completely random)
    Black Ice Stone: Arcane Spire Fragment (Based around the character's backstory in my foundry campaign)
    Renegade Illusionist: Brizax (Named after a character in my foundry campaign who he somewhat resembles)
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited June 2014
    Most of mine are just the name of the companion, but I have a few I actually put some thought into.

Book Imp: Galrenoth (Completely random)
    Owl: Duclaena (Also completely random)
    Black Ice Stone: Arcane Spire Fragment (Based around the character's backstory in my foundry campaign)
    Renegade Illusionist: Brizax (Named after a character in my foundry campaign who he somewhat resembles)

Ironic... I have two characters with Owls (I love that companion) and I called it Nascha on both toons. Which is the general Native American word meaning "Owl".

//I am SO creative.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    *cough*Navajo*cough*

Not Cree, not Blackfoot, not Ojibwe, not... I mean, you're talking about nearly 300 languages (not dialects) in North America (that is discounting all of Mexico and southwards).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2014
    *cough*Navajo*cough*

Not Cree, not Blackfoot, not Ojibwe, not... I mean, you're talking about nearly 300 languages (not dialects) in North America (that is discounting all of Mexico and southwards).

//show-off. LOL

I could have gone Hawai'ian, but didn't (yes, I do speak that one). LOL Should have called it Ne-Ne (name of the Hawai'ian Duck, extinct now).

I called my first Angel of Protection "Alhana" but I think I was thinking of "Alhambra" and that was wrong as I mixed it up with Valhalla, which made me think of Valkyries, known as "Chooser of the battle-slain" and carrying them up (to Valhalla) - but I'm not dead, yet (or at least: don't want to be) so those are out.

Still percolating on that one for when my next AoP arrives. I don't give much thought to most of my companion names, but for AoP I want to put deep thought into it.
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I do not remember all of mine, but a few of my favourirtes across all my characters that I can remember are;

Bug- Fire Sprite
    Obb- Tomb Spider
    Rikitikitavi- 'Gnomish' looking Mage apprentice
    Chimera- War Dog
    Feras- Bear
    *no longer have*
    The Drow Next Door- Drow Mage apprentice
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Which character? :P I'll list the ones for my mains:

Veldrin - 'Dark' Elf TR(Wood elf with dark skin)

Currently active:

Kerazt - Mercenary(Named for a drow PC I used to have)
    Chath - Fire Sprite(Drow word for flames)
    Sylphia - Sylph(I know, this is terrible)
    Soup - Ioun Stone of Allure(Summoned)(Most of my stone names are puns, this one Stone Soup)
    Anaesthesia - Wererat(Named for the rat speaker girl in Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere)

Inactive:

Karthyl Rockshaper - Rebel Mercenary
    Zaren - Renegade Illusionist
    Uni - Green Slime
    Xorann - Damaran Shepherd
    Keith - Ioun Stone of Radiance
    Ariadne - Cleric Disciple
    Mal - Cleric Disciple
    Nisstyre - Wayward Wizard (Named for a Vhaeraunite wizard in Elaine Cunningham's novel Daughter of the Drow)
    - Man-at-arms (I forgot to name him.)
    Alisa - Sellsword

Eltain, half-elf DC:

Active:

Zyrr'delin Morvyndis - Mercenary (Eltain is named after a former D&D PC of mine, and Zyrr was a drow rogue who was also a party member and Eltain's best friend)
    Bear - Skeletal Dog (The blue one, and named for a puppy I wanted to have back when I was younger but couldn't keep. Miss you, Bear. You were the only dog this cat person ever really liked.)
    Cold - Ioun Stone of Allure (You can choose for yourself whether this is Cold Stone as in the ice cream place, or Stone Cold as in the wrestler. I'm not sure myself.)
    Lucan - Fire Spite (Named for another of the original Eltain's party members, although Lucan was a half-elf bard. He did have a coure attendant familiar, though)
    Limara - Sylph (Named for the wife of Eltain's brother, who was a blonde-haired green-eyed eladrin and the sister of yet another party member)

Inactive:

Toveliss - Mystagogue (Named for the original Eltain's brother, although Toveliss was an Eladrin and fairly young, but he was part of the Winter Court, so.)
    Austin - Ioun Stone of Radiance
    Q'arlynd - Wayward Wizard (Named after the main character from the Lady Penitent trilogy, Q'arlynd Melarn.)
    Nyissa - Cleric Disciple
    Bob - Man-at-arms (Every fighter should be named Bob. I once had an Eladrin fighter named Bob, because I went through 3 different names the DM couldn't pronounce first...)
    Fluffy - Damaran Shepherd

Araushnee - Wood Elf CW(Another dark-skinned one, with black hair, named after Lolth's original name)

Active:

Vhaeraun - Mercenary (Vhaeraun is the drow god of thieves, and Lolth/Araushnee's son)
    Selvetarm - Tomb Spider (Selvetarm is Vhaeraun's son and Lolth's grandson, and is a minor demigod of battle lust enslaved to Lolth)
    Eilistraee - Sprite (Sue me, there aren't any female drow companions. Eilistraee is Lolth's daughter and Vhaeraun's twin sister, and the goddess of good drow)
    Ghaunadaur - Green Slime (Ghaunadaur is a god of slimes and oozes, and also some outcast drow for a while)
    Rolling - Ioun Stone of Allure (Rolling Stone, yes.)

Inactive:

Old Man Winter - Mystagogue
    Rose Quartz - Ioun Stone of Radiance (I didn't realize the actual stone is light blue when I named this one)
    Selvetarm - Wayward Wizard
    Nazar - Renegade Illusionist
    Ariana - Cleric Disciple

Lost:

Weft - Damaran Shepherd (Accidentally discarded him. :< No way to get a replacement. I like to think that in-universe he got a minor injury on a mission that left him with a limp and unable to keep up with his mistress, and wound up fat, spoiled, and happy as the beloved pet of some little kid in PE.)

Nest ferch Rhys - Halfling GWF

Active:

Selene - Slyph
    Tân - Fire Sprite (Welsh word for flame, keeping with Nest's Welsh name.)
    Mick - Ioun Stone of Radiance (Most of my Radiance stones, outside of Eltain's and Araushnee's, are named for members of the Rolling Stones. My secondary TR has one named Wyman
    Ryld - Mercenary (Another FR novel drow, this one from the War of the Spider Queen series)
    Athaz - Renegade Illusionist

Inactive:

KayWai - Green Slime (Named for a character from a webcomic named Unicorn Jelly)
    Weft - Damaran Shepherd (Totally recycled here lol)
    Agnes - Cleric Disciple

I have six other characters, but they aren't my mains and one is L4 and hasn't been to the reward claims agent to get her companions yet. (I have seven account-wide companions, heh. Slyph, Ioun Stone of Radiance, Rengade Illusionist, Mercenary, Rebel Mercenary, Archmage's Apprentice, Mystagogue. I may have a problem. Sadly I didn't get the email for the Storm Rider. Boo.)
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Finger Licking Good
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    I named my Cockatrice, "Abjuration." As I am naming my most powerful and favorite companions after all the myriad schools, spheres, winds, and fields of magic (the latter two using Arcane Age FR).
  • jasonf247jasonf247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2014
    Harry Cockatrice
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1 companion so far for my HR: MaA - Dirk the Daring
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My cockatrice is Dill Dough.
  • eshkadetheshkadeth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oppression
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My Nature Ranger likes Christmas Critter names: :eek:
    • Deery the Deer
    • Owlly the Owl
    • Piggy the Pig
    • Wolfy the Wolf
    • Hawky the Hawk
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a lot of alts, so I'll post one name from each alt's best companion.

CW's Book Imp - Zillix (The imp from my foundry)
    DC's Ioun Stone of Allure - The Gem of Life
    TR's Armored Orc Wolf - Gmork (It's the wolf's name from Neverending Story)
    GF's Will-O-Wisp - Shee Naur (Elven for "Fairy Fire")
    CW's Frost Mimic - Frostbite (duh... how is this not the right name for a frost mimic?)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • drowofdarknessdrowofdarkness Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh boy...I have 5 characters, soo I think I'll only share the ones on my main so far:

1. Cleric Disciple - Alumorel
    2. Traveling Entertainer - Jester Jack
    3. Traveling Entertainer - Jud The Juggler (Yeah, another one. Thought I might be able to sell it or give it to one of my other chars since I'd seen a few in the AH, but apparently not so I'm stuck with him :P)
    4. Damaran Shepherd - Rory
    5. Man At Arms - Hadrian Rycolt
    6. Renegade Illusionist - Rafferty Baneford

I also have a War Dog, but I'm giving him to an alt sooo probably won't share his name.

"The drow clothed in pink stares at you dumbly, blinking in confusion. He doesn’t appear to be very bright."

• kaoticismkaoticism Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just posting the ones I like the most from my 7 characters.

Fawn of Shiallia - Arastiel (Aras is "deer" in Sindarin)
    Ioun Stone of Allure - Voice of the Master (Players of that other D&D MMO will know this one...)
    Ioun Stone of Allure - Rosetta (as in the Rosetta Stone)
    Frost Mimic - Chester
    Galeb Dhur - Gond (Sindarin for "stone/rock")
    Sylph - Tinkerballa (from The Guild web series)
    Sylph - Silvermist (from Diney's Fairies. What can I say. I have kids)
    Flame Sprite - Tinuon (another Sindarin name. Tinu is "spark")
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ...t Collection? (Shame on you for naughty thoughts) :rolleyes:

Tell the number of pets or make a screenshot of your Pet Collection. I am really curious how many Pets some player own. :D
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    37 pets for a total of 105 collection points for me, I think there are a couple of players close to full collection anyway. I wonder if someday the devs will bring an event where you can exchange collection points for some rewards.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wonder if someday the devs will bring an event where you can exchange collection points for some rewards.

That's a nice idea :)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I believe, before he quit, Dardove had them all. Not sure who took the crown after his sudden departure.
    edited August 2014
    He got the 2 foundry companions too?
    plat.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    This post is no longer properly editable, so please see my other reply which is.
    Post edited by zebular on
    edited August 2014
    @zebular
    That is a pretty long pe...t list ;)
    My problem with the foundry sucess is that it takes forever to reach the simple goals... on the german site you are a "pro" author if you have like 50-100 people that rated your foundry quest (and played like 250-400 times)...
    plat.png
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @zeb I know your into D&D (yah obvious), but wow those are some interesting names.

I dont have too many pets.

War Dog - Admiral
    Pig - Oinkynton
    Galeb Duhr - The People's Elbow
    Allure Stone - Eye of Arghhfhhhf
    Blink Dog - Chesire Cat
    Rust Monster and Phearo (firey bird, spelt wrong I know) - Cant remember something wierd
    All my Cleric Disciples on my characters - OP Heals
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited August 2014
    @zeb I know your into D&D (yah obvious), but wow those are some interesting names.
    Heh. Only a few come from real-life influence. Most are taken from NPCs I have created in my years of DMing the Realms and the rest are either Player Character Names from D&D or even fewer are created on the spot.

Windsor, Spencer, and Lady Diana'li Ilyturials are three companions named out of honor to my family ties with the Windsors and Spencers. Zoar and Smedeley are remembrances of past real life pets. Gooy Goblin is the oddball, as it was named by my niece and I though it was cute.

For 'Old Zeb,' humanoid companions are named after NPCs or PCs of my creation in my campaign. Magical and Divine beings are named after either schools of magic, past and present, or associated with some deity, e.g. Abjuration, Terrestrial, Servant of Mystery and Cleric of Ilmater.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My 5 active companions on my TR.

Ioun Stone of Radiance - Ward of Gaum (Artifact which contains the soul of an adventurer chewed and spat out by a Hell Hound)
    Sprite - Whimsy Willow
    Flame Sprite - Searing Sam
    Blink Dog - Blinky Bill (Old children's storybook character)
    Intellect Devourer - Brainy Bibsy
  • dualisticdualistic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Jesus you guys have alot of companions!
    I just started playing agian recently so only have acouple.

Dire Wolf: Howly Mandel
    Wizard: Gargamel
    Man-at-arms: Brickface
    Ghost: Aria