test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community] Community QoL Suggestions & Requests

Comments

• alannanorthstaralannanorthstar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Prefix "main story" quests with (Storyline) in the questgiver dialog and journal, and do not suppress the quest available icons on the hud/map for these quests.

It sometimes happens that a player outlevels the content of a zone, and in such cases, it would be nice to know which quests are necessary for advancing the storyline, so that the player can skip or defer the treast to get back to at-level content as quickly as possible.

This would make it easier to avoid missing key rewards, like the bags in Blacklake and Neverdeath, the first Artifact reward in protector's enclave, and so on.
  • alannanorthstaralannanorthstar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    How to make bans effective in a F2P game and start winning the war on spambots

Cryptic seems to be fighting a losing battle with spambots. Even when they are banned, they come right back with a new account in seconds. Here's how this can be stopped.
    1. During the initial download/installation, the patcher should perform a "proof of work" computation directed by the server. Once this is completed, the server issues the client a certificate tied to the specific installation and hardware.identifiers (the hardware identifiers do not need to be sent, only incorporated into the certificate generation process so certificates can't easily be moved between machines). This proof of work insures that a certian amount of CPU/GPU/Memory workload is required during the initial installation, and the difficulty should be chosen based on typical download/installation times so as to be transparent to most users.
    2. If the certificate does not match the machne (an install was copied), an error is produced "This client could not be updated. Please uninstall the game and redownload."
    3. If a user is banned, all accounts that have logged on or ever will log on with the same installation certificate are also banned for having used the same install as a banned user.
    4. If a certificate is not seen for an extended period of time (3+ months?), the launcher will be requested to do a new proof of work the next time it patches, and will simulate a patching process even if the client is up to date.
    The effect of this, is that once a user gets banned, they must fully uninstall and reinstall the game on the same computer they are using in order to create a new account, therefore taking a considerable amount of time, and requiring significantly more effort than what is required to ban them. This, in turn, makes bans more potent, as it becomes harder to "stockpile" accounts in advance of a ban, and the best thing is, this would be transparent to almost all users, except the ones getting banned.

In the case of unauthorized RMT, fine the buyer, ban the seller. The buyer should recieve a significant negative Astral Diamond balance for purchasing Astral Diamonds or other items from third parth websites on the first offense. On the second offense, ban them as well.

Also worth pointing out the bots have been using crude obsfucation in order to evade word filters. This would be really trivial to detect, because it doesn't look anything like natural language, and is often more punctuation than letters. Use scoring based on content and "risk" to detect this and auto-report/mute. (Risk factors would include lack of quest progress, lack of Zen purchases, account age, time between creation, last login, and current login, whether or not the character is guilded and if so, their guild level, whether the account has logged on from a new IP recently, etc.) Basically, as a player does "normal player things" their risk score, and therefore, the possibility of tripping an auto-mute should go down, therefore allowing more sensitive filters to apply to new players.
  • cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Profession searches should be per character.

As it is now, the search value persists across all characters during a session. This becomes a hassle when you have different characters working on different tasks (or different professions) and have to re-update the search every time you log in to a different character to work on Professions.

Even better, do what the Gateway does. Not only is the search per character, it's also per Profession.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Give us a timer for black ice domination and also Please bring back Dungeon Delve hour and Professions hour.

Dungeon delve hour would just let us open chest without costing extra out of what we're earning in dungeons to buy more keys. Considering the grind of Astral Diamonds for the Stronghold this isn't asking for much.

Professions hour was one of the only ways to obtain dragon eggs. Now there isn't any really reliable way to get dragon eggs unless you consider the empty tiamat que affable to fail hard against the 5 headed beast. The rewards are usually white resonance stone and a big bunch of nothing. (Usually with headache)

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I have not seen this posted anywhere. So if it has I am sorry.
    I would like to see some changes in the way we donate item to our guild coffers.

I do of a lot runs and if it drops, then I pick it up. I can’t help myself. Now that I have maxed out all my artifact to Orange, (MH, OH, Belt and Neckless). And have over 500 Gold in the bank. I do not need to sell it. And with six 36 slotted bags on my main, I end up collecting a lot of stuff.

So since I cannot eat it anymore, I donate it to my Guild Coffers. We are a small Guild trying to compete

I would like to see if the Dev’s could come up with a way to let us donate multiple item at once instead of only ONE ITEM AT A TIME, as it is now. Maybe 5 or even 10 items at a time. I waste as much as 10 minutes just donating stuff to help out my guild.I know that I am not the only one to find this act very time comsuming

Hay Dev’s Please look into this will. Maybe like you can in Excel by holding down a key and clicking different items. Then show the standard message “Are You Sure”.

This would save us all a lot of time sitting and give us more time to play and Pay as u want us to do anyway.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Suggestion:

Update the Journal to make it a little more useful for organizing quests. I have 3 toons I play regularly and tons of quests for different zones/Stronghold ect. Maybe have an option to sort the quests in alphabetical or maybe some sort of Drop down/Tree for sorting quests in different zones. Having to scroll down 3 pages of quests to figure out how many more Mushrooms I need is a bit tedious while I'm in the middle of dodging Trolls and Powries in Sharandar. I try to group as many quests at one time as possible to make the most out of the time I have to play rather than doing them a few at a time. This might not help everyone but generally I have no less than 20 quests open per toon that I get done whenever I set out to have time for it- maximizing time spent VS accomplishment is something I look for in this game and it would help my quality of life for you to update the messy Quest Journal.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Unbound, bound to character, and bound to account items such as marks of power, enchantments, wards, etc...

First and foremost, having up to 3 versions of the same thing is ridiculous.

Secondly, if the powers that be deem that 3 versions of the same thing are in fact necessary, bound to account/character items should NOT take up bag/bank space as bag/bank space is currently constructed.

Easy fix is to make the same thing the same thing and allow them to stack - blame the botters, can't happen.

More complex fix is to make items that the same thing, but bound differently stack.

Alternative option is to add a permanent, free "overflow" type bag to every character that holds bound to account items such as those listed above.

In addition to the "on your person bound to character overflow bag" add the same thing to shared bank space for items that are bound to account.

While I'm on the whole bag space thing.... I do not know if this is the case on PC, but on XBox, trying to keep bags organized is a nightmare, adding a better sort/transfer system between bags would be peachy, being able to move bags around would be swell as well....
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    awrex1977 said:

Unbound, bound to character, and bound to account items such as marks of power, enchantments, wards, etc...

First and foremost, having up to 3 versions of the same thing is ridiculous.

Secondly, if the powers that be deem that 3 versions of the same thing are in fact necessary, bound to account/character items should NOT take up bag/bank space as bag/bank space is currently constructed.

Easy fix is to make the same thing the same thing and allow them to stack - blame the botters, can't happen.

More complex fix is to make items that the same thing, but bound differently stack.

Alternative option is to add a permanent, free "overflow" type bag to every character that holds bound to account items such as those listed above.

In addition to the "on your person bound to character overflow bag" add the same thing to shared bank space for items that are bound to account.

While I'm on the whole bag space thing.... I do not know if this is the case on PC, but on XBox, trying to keep bags organized is a nightmare, adding a better sort/transfer system between bags would be peachy, being able to move bags around would be swell as well....

God yes. So tired of different bindings for refining items. Get rid of bound2char and just have bound2account and unbound for refining items. Keep bound2char for gear. Such a waste of time and space.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Unbindong scroll in zen market

I would love to be able to.Unbind some items
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • reeenatureeenatu Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I'd love to be able to trade my Dragonflight raid pieces for the Dragonflight assault because of a missbuy...
  • shadowwraith#9264 shadowwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    • More mixed classes would be nice or the option to multi-class as you could in NWN
    • More weapon types for each class
    • Solo dungeons/skirmishes
    • more playable races
    • weapons with elemental damage or the ability to add elemental damage through enchantments
    • Armour with elemental resistances or resist element enchantments
    • the ability to fast-travel using the campfires (i.e ESO style wayshrine system)
    • Archon - CW, Stormmage - L37
    • Dagoth Ur - SW, Soulbinder - L64
    • Dante - TR, Vengeance - L39
    • Baron of Hell (yes Doom Ref) - CW, Master of Flame - L36
    • Xeres - DC, L23
    • Almsivi - SW, L14
    "Spill some blood for me dear brother", Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • xkrz8xdeathxkrz8xdeath Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Make all mount usable by all characters and campanions as classes get nerfed of would be able to use them on new character also make all things bound to account not bounty to character we spend money so it should be bound to account please
  • shadowwraith#9264 shadowwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    reduce they ridiculous number of currencies in the game, seriously is it really necessary to have 90 different currencies in the game?.

ESO has 4 (Gold, Crowns, Alliance points and Tel var Stones)
    Warframe has 3 (Credits, Plat and Ducates)

NW...

10 Main (including Zen)
    19 Event
    5 PVP
    2 Lockbox
    34 Campaign
    6 Seals (was 9 before mod 9)
    1 Token
    13 Bounty

This is an insane amount and needs to be reduced.
    • Archon - CW, Stormmage - L37
    • Dagoth Ur - SW, Soulbinder - L64
    • Dante - TR, Vengeance - L39
    • Baron of Hell (yes Doom Ref) - CW, Master of Flame - L36
    • Xeres - DC, L23
    • Almsivi - SW, L14
    "Spill some blood for me dear brother", Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • ratagainblueratagainblue Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @js3b said:
    > Welcome to the exhausive list of suggestions made by member of the community.
    >
    > This thread is here to bring NEW stuff to the gameplay.
    > Therefore please ommit posting nerf request and bug fix request in here
    >
    > Feel free to adds new suggestions with a link to the related threads or send me a private message and insight on new suggestions/threads that i might have missed.
    >
    > Please note: These are not my idea, they come from the community.
    > Hope this help.

no
  • angelcorlux#6827 angelcorlux Member Posts: 5 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2016
    Interesting to read this :)
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    What do you even say to a thread started in 2014. This I guess.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    This really is hilarious. Most of the stuff here is outdated.

And there is another interesting thread to read in the News & Announcements also.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

Interesting to read this :)

What is interesting and frustrating about this, so many great ideas from 2014 that people are still suggesting would be great additions to the game and very few if any have made it in.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Seemed like trolling to me, so I reported it.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The most interesting thing about it is the functionality of the unofficial dev tracker.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Why not have several "loadouts" of all stats and abilities, you could buy loadout slots. I went with Spellstorm Mage but want to try the other side Master of Flame, it'd be nice to be able to switch on the fly. I'm not super interested in respeccing, trying it for a night, and switching back, that'd be a waste of money. You could also try variants of the same build and compare damage. Also this would help in dungeons, if you don't need a healer, they could flop over to buff/debuff. If the tank is having issues, the paladin could switch from healer to tank. Have the same respec costs and what not, slot a loadout at like 2x or 3x what a respec token costs.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User

The most interesting thing about it is the functionality of the unofficial dev tracker.

QFT! lol :D
  • odinknightsodinknights Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I would just like to see a wider variety of weapons and spells, additional equipment designs would be nice too. This will create a more personal touch on each character and limit players looking the same, having the same weapons, etc. More spells would be nice too, spell casters seem to be limited in what they can choose from. Does adding smolder to your target really make you a fire wizard of destruction? I think not :) Fun game really, love it, just needs a little extra diversity. Thank you.
  • drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Bring back the Master Alchemist event!!!
  • pmswithagunpmswithagun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Would it be possible to have the raid queues such as MSVA and FBI request what raid or dungeon item level would a player would be willing to join? As it is now, it's really hard to find a raid with leaders who are competent enough not to bring in too many low levels which ultimately causes the raid to fail. Although I think most players including myself appreciate the increase drop rate of marks, if we can't find raids that work, it doesn't do us any good. Most in my guild already have their weapons and aren't interested in doing Msva any more.
  • akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Enchantment quality tier update: change rank 5 to green so it stops popping up in loot rolls in dungeons, change rank 7 to blue, change 11 to legendary, 12 to mythic
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Better solution... remove loot rolls from dungeons.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
This discussion has been closed.