test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community] Community QoL Suggestions & Requests

js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
Welcome to the exhausive list of suggestions made by member of the community.

This thread is here to bring NEW stuff to the gameplay.
Therefore please ommit posting nerf request and bug fix request in here

Feel free to adds new suggestions with a link to the related threads or send me a private message and insight on new suggestions/threads that i might have missed.

Please note: These are not my idea, they come from the community.
Hope this help.
Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

Post edited by js3b on

Comments

• js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Account bound bars and AD: A suggestion by Js3b
    This thread is suggesting to have the bars you get from lockboxes bound to account or even better would be account wide just like the Zen are. Result would be preventing to have to go on a certain character in order to open the lockbox.

At the same occasions some talking have been made about making the same with Astral Diamonds witch would prevent to have to put in zen request for low amount of AD, cancel them and then withdraw the AD on another character.. Painfull process witch is not needed.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?631191-Account-bound-bars

All daily accessible by Neverwinter home: A suggestion by Js3b
    I still wonder, you can access all Rhix quest by pressing L and click bottom right corner. Why are Lord protector's and trade of blades quest not made the same? would make it easier and faster for everyone.

Auction house: Price Per Item A suggestion by hercules125
    This thread is relating a new idea for the Auction house as to make the pack of item have a price per item and also give the possibility to the buyer to buy 1 or many item of his choice from the same buyer. So if someone sell 10 and you need 5, give you to opportunity to choose ''buy all'' or ''buy amount''.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?642381-Suggestion-for-AH-Price-per-Item&highlight=suggestion

Bank and guild bank storage A suggestion by bioshrike
    Allow profession assets & resources to be placed into the personal and guild bank.

Bounty and Seals (Multiple thread request)
    This come from an old thread that i am not going to revive. It suggested to make all bounty be tradable for potion/ID scroll of their level. Also to make the seals upgradable to the next tier, idk 5/1 or 10/1 ratio ?!

Disable visual (Multiple thread request)
    Not going to post the threads as their is to many (lol) The community is asking to have the possibility to remove the visual from Shirt, pants, and armor/weapon enchantment.

Very good idea, might as well give the oportunity to disable ANY visual from ANY part of the armor imo... The button is already there so why not?

Emote (More and props) A suggestion by vrtesseract
    Adding more emote would be a good thing. But even better would be props emote like ''flip coin'' and ''roll dice'' witch would give an acutal result for RP and reroll oportunity (when someone click need by mistake for example)
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?652711-Quality-of-life-Ideas-(that-you-can-Sell!)

Enchantment tab A suggestion by razzthom
    Would help clear out our bag to have a new tab for enchatment, once again if Dev thing this would be too much bag saving, make it unlockable trough ad/zen. I would definetly pay for it.

Equipement swap A suggestion by razzthom
    It would be just perfect to have the possibility to have a second gears set that we could switch from set 1 to 2 by just 1 click. Maybe make it possible to do so only when out of combat for more than 2 minutes to prevent multy pvp set swap for different class fighting. I think that would make it easier for people to just change their armor and prevent the lost of item when salvaging their needed armor by mistake. Since it would save back space, maybe make it unlockable trough AD/Zen market

Foundry suggestions A suggestion by Eldarth
    -A numbers of suggestions made for the foundry. Please follow the link to the post itself
    -Basicly suggesting to have some public area foundry witch could accept more than 5 player. Mostly non fighting foundry for guild meeting, role play and such... added by sylvialynn
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?646971-Suggestion-Exhausive-list&p=7712271&viewfull=1#post7712271

Gauntlgrymm suggestion A suggestion by permag02
    -Make it cheaper to change sides in order to make people more willing to change sides in order to balance teams.
    -Make some more reward which differ from Explorer and Luskan in order to insist some guild to switch sides from time to time.

Gears: Green lvl 60 usage... A suggestion by ryugasirius
    -Remove the lvl 60 green drop and replace em with treasure
    -How about "deconstructing" gear into crafting materials?
    Added by micconos
    -an option to disable the "selling identified items" dialog (maybe only for green items?) Added by micconos
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?648961-Suggestion-Treasures-instead-of-Green-equipment-in-end-game-areas

History tab: HTML in character A suggestion by kallethen
    Kallethen is asking to have the ability to use htlm/ forum encoding for history description. I think it is a good idea and could bring some nice color and stuff to history. He states that it was the case before and that the possibility to do so have been removed. Did not see if it was, never realy been in making history but I think its a great idea to add the forum encoding to the history tab.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?645721-Character-history-still-bugged

Item stack size A suggestion by bioshrike
    Increase the stack size for all consumables to be 99 or higher - this includes things like dye packs, and quest items.

Inventory tab for mounts A suggestion by uglyduck1
    Well it says it all, collector find themself stuck with plenty of space locked for mounts and prevent them from having a good inventory space for farming dungeons or cta...
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?652481-Inventory-Tab-for-Mounts-Revisited

New mount Ideas: A suggestion by melodywhr
    Some great input on new mount (ex: Griffin, lion...)
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?645781-new-mount-ideas

Profession (Ingame & gateway) A suggestion by djarkaan
    -Add a button that make you craft 3 time the same item.
    -Add a collect all button

PVP Fight selection A suggestion by Js3b
    It should be possible to choose a team we want to play againts, i know this one would be hard to work out for abusers not to have the capacity tu use it to farm glory, but how cool would that be to be able to fight a guild you just cant stand? (lol) My guild have some times where they wanted to do pvp tournament inside guild. The ''click queue now'' and hope to get them againts us is never realy fun.

Refinement suggestion A suggestion by nameexpired
    -Make it possible to refine any amount of enchant/refine materials in item instead of 5 at a time...
    -automatically refill refining slots with the same enchantments/runes that were just used for refining.
    -Make it possible to remove the refining point from an enchant to make it possible to stack it with other.

-A Stone of Pooling. A talisman that automatically catches over-flow, and once fully charged can be used for the value of it's contents, at a rate specific to itself.. that is, it doesn't matter where the points came from or where they are going, it converts them to a new scale.
    added by sprawlfx

Respect Attributes A suggestion by uglyduck1
    Allow the possibility to reroll stats (Str,Con,Dex...)
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?653071-Respec-s-and-Rerolling-quot-Starting-quot-Attributes (and many many more lol)

Show/Hide player option A suggestion by khimera906
    Have the opportunity to hide/show all other player, could help on low pc lag, click stuff w/o having to remove player window that pop when you click another player... f10 toggle on/off!?

Temporaty post artifact A suggestion by nameexpired
    new artifact: temporary post box. Summons ... (what do you guess?) A post box for 1 minute!

The Currency Inventory Tab Needs Love. A suggestion by dardove
    Here the tittle says it all, we all realised how our curency tab was messy, filled with item we don't want. A must read for players that want to dream, a must read for developers who want to make those dreams come true. How about making it shared between account !? Would be helpfull...
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?593661-The-Currency-Inventory-Tab-needs-love

The Great Achievement Suggestion Thread A suggestion by dardove
    Have some insight in new achievement that could be added out there for the achievement hunter. Have some great idea that could bring a lot to people that like to get all achievement unlocked, and for those that already have all of them out there.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?641081-The-great-achievement-suggestion-thread

Transmute suggestions A suggestion by bioshrike
    Allow weapons to have multiple appearances transmuted onto them - these could be accessed via a dropdown menu, which would allow free switching among any of the appearances applied to said item.

edited April 2014
    Credits to micky1p00! ''more than 30 day old suggestion thread''

Collection indicator A suggestion by micky1p00
    Indicate if the item already in collection when given item choice in DD chest. Why not add this also to drop loot/vendor/auction house and so on. Make a small cross checked in bottom right of item window to show if it is or not acquired already.

Dismount on bank use, mail guy, etc A suggestion by micky1p00
    Noticed how you get dismount everytime you get next to Rhix. Still wondering why as most people use L to get/turn in Rhix. Anyway, why not make all crowded area a dismounted one? Ex: Around banks, mail boxs, etc?

Fast power change option: A suggestion by micky1p00
    What a great idea! This is preset in all the mmorpg out there or most of them. I realy wonder why it is not implented yet. This could bring a new dimension to the power slots (even better with the new pvp/pve area comming with Icewind dale. My personnal opinion is that it would be ok if the cooldown is raised for about 1-2 second from the manual switch and still give a 1-2 second cooldown in out of combat switch. But thats just me.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?586571-A-key-bind-request

Mail box management A suggestion by nermilz
    Allow us to create folders and move messages into them.
    Allow us to select messages and choose to delete all those that were selected.
    Allow us an option to "collect all attachments" for messages we selected.
    Add an option so we can filter what messages we receive. (refuse non friend non guild message)
    Allow to see the limit on how many item attachments we can have unclaimed in our inbox.
    Allow us to view our sent items.
    Add a trash folder where we can undelete messages from, if needed.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?622151-More-Mailboxes-and-mass-delete-for-Inbox
    Auto delete spamers mail from all inbox after 10 players report. added by j4k06s
    Have mailbox in other area (GG, Camping site in some area, etc.) added by amerieen

Party loot option A suggestion by stretch611 and beelzebubbanw
    We need this in. 2 things...
    1: Make it possible for a party to make loot to ''greed only'' so no one can need on item in that party.
    2: Make it possible for someone to enable auto-greed mode on his character so he do not have to click all single loot to greed them.

The ability to invite in middle of dungeon: A suggestion by micky1p00
    I don't see a reason why we could not invite someone in middle of dungeon. This could help when a certain member have emergency and have to quit the game. Very nice idea idead.

edited April 2014
    This post is and will be in constant construction!

*Updated to make give an alphabetic order for easier research*

Will be working on giving a definitive tittle per area of suggestions. (exemple: Mail box suggestions)

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    • make the content if the Currency Inventory Tab shared, as well as Gold/AD/Glory
    • New item: Wondrous Bag of Holding. Whatever you put into this bag can be accessed by all characters on your account. 30 items can be stored here.
    • new artifact: temporary post box. Summons ... (what do you guess?) A post box for 1 minute!
    • Refining:
      • automatically refill refining slots with the same enchantments/runes that were just used for refining.
      • find a way to scrape off the excess 1-100 refining points from an enchantment that make it impossible to stack it
      • Allow me to feed a stack of 44 R1 stones in one go for refinement. The current system is tedious and favors botters, if they exist.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • beelzebubbanwbeelzebubbanw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To allow for a fair "greed only" run, please allow everyone to pick "greed only" from their character portrait. Once EVERYONE picks greed only, then it is "greed only" for everyone in that instance of the dungeon. This will disable the "need" button. This will keep the dishonest people from hitting need at the end or any part of the dungeon, or even if new members enter the instance.

This sure would make people happier.
  • longstripe12longstripe12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Have a Zen store item that converts a chunk of RAD on purchase say 500 per 1 mil RAD.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    RE: the refining suggestion topic: the ability to set enchants to be able to 'auto-ingest' any matching enchants that get picked up (to save hassle and having to stop every 2 minutes when the sheer number of enchants overwhelms the bag space). could be limited to 1 of each type, highest/lowest level enchant priority, ingest all (for artifacts?), etc.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are few more that were suggested like mail system improvement, faster power re-sloting (with binds) and such.
    You can find some here (i tried similar attempt): http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?621531-Forum-feature-request
    edited April 2014
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    There are few more that were suggested like mail system improvement, faster power re-sloting (with binds) and such.
    You can find some here (i tried similar attempt): http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?621531-Forum-feature-request

I havent seen it, sorry but ill put them in here if you dont mind!

• khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've posted this suggestion before. In another PWI game I've played, there is a system that hides other players and companions. You press F10 and you're alone in the game. You press F10 again and everyone reappears. That would be great for crowded places like Protector's Enclave.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
    edited April 2014
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I've posted this suggestion before. In another PWI game I've played, there is a system that hides other players and companions. You press F10 and you're alone in the game. You press F10 again and everyone reappears. That would be great for crowded places like Protector's Enclave.

this could actualy save a lot of issue thanks for your idea! Keep em commings :)

• gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 847 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One I thought of today: Level 60 versions of all existing areas, with the regional quest chains being repeatable. Drop the items from the rewards, or perhaps replace them with a Seal or two at the end of the region.
  • razzthomrazzthom Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How about just having an Enchant Bag. There is already a currency tab/crafting tab/etc. why not just 1 more tab for enchants/runestones. Doesn't seem like asking too much.

Also, Gear slots for PvP/PvE gear. Makes it much easier to swap for PvP and not run the risk of losing a piece of hard earned gear by accidentally vendoring an item you worked so hard to get.
    edited April 2014
    razzthom wrote: »
    How about just having an Enchant Bag. There is already a currency tab/crafting tab/etc. why not just 1 more tab for enchants/runestones. Doesn't seem like asking too much.

Also, Gear slots for PvP/PvE gear. Makes it much easier to swap for PvP and not run the risk of losing a piece of hard earned gear by accidentally vendoring an item you worked so hard to get.

Now that just gave me a good idea, what if there had gear tab so you don't even have the ability to have 2 set equip (1pvp/1pve) that you could just switch with a single click? Awesome input there thanks.

About the enchant i think would be nice, will add it, but if so we realy need another tab, currency one is already filled and need love. :)

• sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    khimera906 wrote: »

While this would be nice, it would be a pain in PvE public areas. You go to kill an enemy or interact with an object you need to finish your quest, just for another player you didn't see to get there first.
  • sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    edit: Wanted to post Edlarth's quote but instead got another random quote.

I like this list but want to add, Open public foundries. Allow authors to make non combat foundries that are instanced. This would allow for the creation of guild bases and role play areas that players can gather and hang out while not questing.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sylvialynn wrote: »
    While this would be nice, it would be a pain in PvE public areas. You go to kill an enemy or interact with an object you need to finish your quest, just for another player you didn't see to get there first.
    Yeah, that's why you would be able to turn it on and off as you like - just like I said in my first post. You're in a crowded place and you don't wanna interact with anyone, you hide the other player to reduce the lag. Also, that way you could interact with NPCs and objects without targeting player characters by accident (we all know how annoying that can be).
    When you're out adventuring there is no point in keeping other players hidden.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think the biggest improvement (for me at least) would be to fix the all too common crash bugs. Being forced to run on low settings just to not crash every few minutes isn't optimal, and even then I still crash every few hours at least.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
    edited April 2014
    I think the biggest improvement (for me at least) would be to fix the all too common crash bugs. Being forced to run on low settings just to not crash every few minutes isn't optimal, and even then I still crash every few hours at least.

Are you talking about fatal error crash!?

Id like to add that to the suggestion list but i don't think it fits in, i realy think this is not an issue everyone has, since for a first i crashed once maybe twice with a fatal error crash since the beta of the game.. Maybe sending a ticket to technical support might help you more than a suggestion thread :(

• kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It'd be nice if they fixed the Character History editor after they broke it. See my thread here for details.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    It'd be nice if they fixed the Character History editor after they broke it. See my thread here for details.

The cursor for me follow the text as i type perfectly....

As for the HTML or forum imput, i think could be a good idea but if they removed it there was probably a reason, ill add it anyway as i could find some use to this :)

• slayerfruitslayerfruit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally and I don't think i'm the only one, would very much like if Neverwinter could implement graphic setting profiles. As me for example I can run with my graphics pretty high when i'm doing daily quests or when i'm in certian places that seem to be better coded?, but when I run with groups in CN/VT/MC ect.. I have to turn my graphics down alot for smooth gameplay. If I could do this with one click instead of having to spend up to a minute changing this and that would be greatly appreciated :p.

CPU:AMD FX-4170 quad core (4,51ghz)
    RAM:8Gb
    GPU:GeForce GTX 780
    edited April 2014
    Personally and I don't think i'm the only one, would very much like if Neverwinter could implement graphic setting profiles. As me for example I can run with my graphics pretty high when i'm doing daily quests or when i'm in certian places that seem to be better coded?, but when I run with groups in CN/VT/MC ect.. I have to turn my graphics down alot for smooth gameplay. If I could do this with one click instead of having to spend up to a minute changing this and that would be greatly appreciated :p.

CPU:AMD FX-4170 quad core (4,51ghz)
    RAM:8Gb
    GPU:GeForce GTX 780

Did you happened to see the mod3, might be happy on the change they did, still not a profile setting like you're asking for but its still way faster to change graphics :)

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    edit post.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice to see that this thread has been stickied.
  • permag02permag02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Make a simple incentive to choose either side of Gauntlgrym by making armor/weapon design (purely cosmetic) only available on either side. And atleast lowering ad cost to switch to either but can only do once a month or remove ad cost entirely and can only switch once a month.
    Equestrian Achievement Unlocked!
  • amerieenamerieen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mailbox on other maps, might reduce traffic at Protector's Enclave
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice thread, but some of these suggestions are preferences from persons of a particular point of view that if changed would negatively impact all persons of an opposed point of view.

Example.. I wouldn't enjoy seeing a foundry author's suggestion being implemented that changes the way I have to do dailies, if only because he feels his quests aren't getting the attention they deserve.

Not to focus on that.. there are lots of others that should be closely considered, I am sure.

All I am saying is that 'quality of life' is subjective. If the change makes someone happy but doesn't impact me, I'm all for it, I don't care what it is. But care needs to be taken...
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
This discussion has been closed.