test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll: Should Angel of Protection be bound on pickup when you redeem your Coins?

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey adventurers,

I'm just looking for feedback on whether you believe the Angel of Protection Companion should be bound-on-pickup when you redeem your 360 Ardent Coins to make it more special. Or, would you rather have the option to be able to sell it or leave it bound-on-equip when you obtain it?

This is only a poll and a means for me to get feedback from you on what you'd like to see - nothing else.

Thanks for taking time to leave your vote!

Cheers,
Pin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Considering that there have already been people profiting from this. It would be really uncool to change it suddenly. And honestly, I see no problem with people selling them. Its their coins, it took a lot of commitment to earn them. They should be able to do what the like with the results of that.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Considering that there have already been people profiting from this. It would be really uncool to change it suddenly. And honestly, I see no problem with people selling them. Its their coins, it took a lot of commitment to earn them. They should be able to do what the like with the results of that.

Cool. This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Please keep them coming!
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm with Sockmunkey on this. I'm waiting for the release of the Warlock class, and I'm saving a lot of stuff for exactly that reason - there's several other companions waiting in my bank for my eventual warlock character, as well as enchantments that are likely to be useful and such. I'm also saving up ardent coins on three different characters to get Angels, and suddenly not being able to transfer one to my warlock - the entire reason why I'm getting them - would kinda hurt. I'm sure others that are waiting for a druid class are feeling the same sort of way.

She's beautiful, but once I have the class I want, there's next to no reason for me to go back to playing my other characters, for the most part. It'd suck hard if I had to wait another year to get a nice companion.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For about a year's worth of daily logins, I should be able to do whatever I want with it.

On a slightly related note, I'd like to see more rewards added at different intervals, and to see things like the 150 day reward weapon be made into an epic and/or free-to-transmute item. Maybe add a white, green, and blue companion at different intervals as well.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "bound on pickup" to prevent the market from collapsing with people who have 100-200 alts only for pray! think devs think! this should be a prize for anyone who logs daily log from the beta and not for those who have multiple alts and chanters to enrich! btw other prizes could be implemented!
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I could be *mean* and say it should be BoP (since I am the main person to profit off of it), but yeah, keep it BoE.

Maybe if you add new options in the future, they could be account bound on pickup, but the existing options should probably remain BoE. Also, can you please add it so it is clear with BoP items whether they are account bound or character bound before you pick them up? I know it has lead to some confusion with the CTA rewards from the last few CTAs.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah. Too late. BoE.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hquadros wrote: »
    "bound on pickup" to prevent the market from collapsing with people who have 100-200 alts only for pray! think devs think! this should be a prize for anyone who logs daily log from the beta and not for those who have multiple alts and chanters to enrich! btw other prizes could be implemented!

Here's the thing - that's a heck of an investment in character slots and time (with all the invoking). Once the 360-day mark has been reached, they'll start entering the market more frequently, and thus bring the price down. They're pricey now because only the earliest players to start invoking would have access to them...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited April 2014
    Yeah I mean c'mon. Daily logging for one year leaves you with a BoP item? No way. That's lousy. The companion has no real use anyway, it's more like a trophy that you want to have once on your account/main chars and sell the rest. It could have some use in SCA but I'm already covered on that front and the active bonus is meh.

And for people having a lot of alts? Two accounts are allowed per player so if someone logs in daily on 80 chars, he sure deserves 80 Angels per year. It's that simply. If people pray on 100-200 alts it's up to Cryptic/PWE to take care of that. Don't punish the legit folks instead.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    People who know me well can say I'm not a free market apologist, but in this game, trade has to be strong to maintain the viability of the free to play model. So, the more stuff we can sell, the better.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is an item everyone can get for free, if they put in the time. It shouldn't matter if the AH gets flooded with them....I have no need to buy'm as I will earn mine very soonly. Only the impatient new players would buy'm and they hope cheaply.

Hopefully new stuff will be added for after I get the Angels since I don't see me getting anything else currently listed. Maybe fireworks. ;)
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I view the angel as a commodity. I should be able to trade it on the AH if that's what I want to do with my ardent coins. As developers you should want it to be able to be put on the AH. Someone logging into the game for the first time may think it is cool and, rather than wait 365 days to get one, they might be willing to buy zen, convert it to AD and acquire it ofF the AH instead. That benefits you and the people who have been around for a year (or more).

As an aside, if you want to make some unique items available once you reach 365 ardent coins that are not tradeable, that would be fine. For example, you could have a unique set of transmutable armor unlock once you hit 365 coins so you can "show off" that you've paid your dues in the game. That would be fine.

But please don't change horses midstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'll make this as clear as humanly possible. No. Leave it as it is. I started saving up for the Angel on my TR and have now decided it's going to my GF when I have the coins needed to get it.

Kthxbai.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That whole 'make it more special' thing... no thanks. Ya got people riding around on unicorns and owlbears. 'Special' got defrocked and executed a long long time ago. I don't see me selling mine. I might give them to the needier of my characters. Then again, I might just camp on the coins if that's possible and see if something new gets added, because I'm not sure I want any angels hanging around. haha
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can turn them into Fallen Angels if they are equipped on someone other than the original caretaker. :p
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    BoE. Not sure why a poll is even needed for this.

EDIT: BoA isn't a bad alternative. But I agree it would be a debacle to change it now since people are already acquiring and selling.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • drowbynightdrowbynight Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2014
    BoE. It may be a powerful healing companion but I do not foresee players replacing their augment companions in the higher end 5 man epic dungeon runs i.e. T2, VT, MC when the angel becomes more common in the future. Forcing players to keep a companion that they may not use often after invoking for 1 year is cruel. If there's a decision to make it BoP/BtA, Cryptic will need to add more attractive items to exchange for 360 ardent coins (no crappy mounts or blue gear please!). They maybe a powerful artifact, or an item that revives a dead character to full hp with a 30mins or 1 hour cool down, or an item that can give levitation/flying/jumping for 30secs with a 1 hour cooldown. Or maybe even a consumable to permanently add +1 to a stat. These of course are BoP/BtA.
  • vampir888888vampir888888 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It depends what meaning it should have. If you want it to be some kind of Vet-reward so everyone sees how long you have played, it should be bound to your account. Otherwise it should remain BoE.
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The angel should be completely immune to damage... or not being able to get targeted. It's a "Divine" creature anyway.

I was disappointed when I learned it could take damage and die.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The angel should be completely immune to damage... or not being able to get targeted. It's a "Divine" creature anyway.

I was disappointed when I learned it could take damage and die.

Angels, like demons and devils aren't immune to damage in PnP rules.

Since it has powers (and even takes damage for you) it shouldn't be immune to damage.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They should have been Bind on Pickup (to Account rather than Character) to prevent profiteering from creating tens or hundreds of accounts each with 2 character slots for invoking only.

As of now, multi accounting for the sole purpose of profiting from invoking/leadership AD is still a problem. It doesn't encourage purchase of character slots, rather people will just keep creating free accounts. Account Bound Coalescent Wards did not change this, because theresulting enchantment is not bound (meaning you can mail items to an account with a bound ward, use it, then mail it back)

However, this poll sadly missed the first wave of Angels hitting the market. I imagine this is due to the Invoke Timer resetting every 20 hours rather than resetting together with the Daily Quest timer, meaning that really you only needed 300 days to get the Angel instead of 360. Additionally, Gift of the Gods allowed this to be brought forward a very tiny bit as well.
  • drobny88drobny88 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First it should be BoE.
    Second it's a worthless,only collecting, inferior companion when summoned,and have useless active bonus for an effort of collecting and playing game for a year. It Should be buffed or remade a lot...... Even blue Acolyte of Kelemvore is better....
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    simpy no, some people would like it for collection only and then sell, some might want it but doesn't want to wait 360 days of invocation (+ angel doesn't have that awesome bonus to keep it tbh)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I chose "Other" - to mean Bind on Account.

Why?

Bind on Pickup is a bit harsh - what if my first character turns out not to be my favorite, but is the one who earns the Angel first?

Bind on Equip? NOOOOO! This makes it sellable, which under normal circumstances would be fine and would be my primary choice, HOWEVER, there are a LOT of farming bots in NW and as the minority of people have said, once these Angels start being issued en-masse, they will begin flooding the Auction House.

A flood of Angels in the AH isn't such a problem in itself, but it *cheapens* the genuine sentimental and 'special' value of that Companion. I've been working my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$ off for more than a YEAR to earn that thing. We already know it's no better than any other Companion, but it is a STATUS SYMBOL. There's no other reason to sport one.

If I start seeing them in large amounts in the Auction House (I know: they're already starting to appear) - I'll seriously give up trying to earn them because their value diminishes more for each one found in AH.

Because when I'm running around in world with my Angel that I've busted my butt to earn, others will see it and just think "Pffft: he just bought one in the AH, must have a lot of AD to burn". I don't want THAT. I want people to know I have been a dedicated player for as long as it takes to earn that angel.

Right now it's a coveted companion for it's achievement status. Keeping it BoE will make it "just another companion".
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Angel of Protection should remain BoE because you missed the boat on making it anything else , any new additions to the ardent coins can be hopefully account bound if you really insist on binding everything.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Angel of Protection should remain BoE because you missed the boat on making it anything else , any new additions to the ardent coins can be hopefully account bound if you really insist on binding everything.

Pretty much this.
  • grandinatagrandinata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

100% agree
    edited April 2014
    Bind on Equip? NOOOOO! This makes it sellable, which under normal circumstances would be fine and would be my primary choice, HOWEVER, there are a LOT of farming bots in NW and as the minority of people have said, once these Angels start being issued en-masse, they will begin flooding the Auction House.

Again: The bot situation should not be fought out on the backs of legit players who then have to wait a year for a subpar companion. That's just a testimony to incompetence. If the Angel had any ingame use above mascot we could talk about it. But it doesn't.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Again: The bot situation should not be fought out on the backs of legit players who then have to wait a year for a subpar companion. That's just a testimony to incompetence. If the Angel had any ingame use above mascot we could talk about it. But it doesn't.

It's essentially a limitless health potion, frankly. Still, it's a lot better as a healer and support than the lillend or cleric. if you're not using an augnment, this is the companion you want to utilize.
This discussion has been closed.