test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player housing as possible new cashcow?

agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 62 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
They could add so in lockboxes or packs you could find things like deed to a small manor

Then add a 'houses' tab where you could equip the deed.
This manor would have a couple of rooms, that could be geared with stuff like:
Personel: perhaps a butler or a gardener?
Decorations: place a painting here and it will appear in a spot in that room

one possible room could be a Stable with space for 3 mounts where you can store spare mounts
and when you visited that part of your manor you would see them.
Post edited by agodbea on

Comments

• xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Absolutely love this idea! I know some people have made there own RP houses with the foundry but this would be rad. I'm all about it and would probably purchase something like that. I love treasure hoarding and a manor with stable would be a great start!

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm throwing money at the computer but its not working q.q
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just a question, is this just a glorified bank or does it buff you or something to make you actually stronger? Without buffs or something I honestly don't get it.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Champions Online has "Lairs" for super heroes - basically the same thing as "housing". I suspect no one is buying them because they haven't been updated or added any new designs in a couple years. I'm not sure how useful something like this would be for most players, so as a business decision whether to actually create them is not something I'd hold hope for.

I have a free one (as I'm a Lifetime Subscriber) - but I never would have purchased one. And I never ever use it anyway. The same thing with starship Bridge in STO unless a mission (quest) actually puts it to use - I just never go there. I really can;t see the use/difference in want for Neverwinter, either.

I know: it's just my own perspective and there may be a lot of people who would buy and use such. But again: it's business decision Cryptic has to weigh on before committing to such a thing.

Using the Foundry to create your in-game abode is probably the best idea to go with, to be truthful about it.
  • mlegermleger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Guildhouses :)
    - Access Mail
    - Guild Bank

Not sure what else to do? get certain things unlocked based on title and achievement?

Use Glory to buy a training room
    - just has training dummies

Buy a Dungeon
    - access to foundry quests

Turn in Zone Bounty's to add teleport to zone options
    Thorin Oakenshield - 60 DC | Floki Longarm - 60 TR | Tiny Tank - 60 GWF
    Stand your Ground NW-DNBHK74ML
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to see guild housing, perhaps in the form of guildhouses, or maybe even villages and small towns. They'd be a hub for guild members, offering merchants, auction services, storage, etc. Maybe nonmembers can enter with guild permission, to show off the headquarters of the guild. Perhaps there would be an area open to the public, where prospective members can check out the guild's wealth and status to encourage them to join?
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    arontimes wrote: »
    I'd like to see guild housing, perhaps in the form of guildhouses, or maybe even villages and small towns. They'd be a hub for guild members, offering merchants, auction services, storage, etc. Maybe nonmembers can enter with guild permission, to show off the headquarters of the guild. Perhaps there would be an area open to the public, where prospective members can check out the guild's wealth and status to encourage them to join?

^ this cryptic. Right here. Plz. I has zen for it. Q.Q
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    arontimes wrote: »

All that would show is which guild has the most players with disposable income not which guild has good players or is experienced.
This discussion has been closed.