test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game is getting progressively worse...

gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I logged in today and played for about an hour. Then I went into Gantlgrym and kept getting kicked out of the game about every 5 minutes. The game would suddenly freeze then crash to desktop where I would receive this message.

MaRaoee.jpg

I tried switching from Direct X11 in the graphic options back to DX9 (not EX)
It didn't help. The time to crash gradually got shorter and shorter and then the patcher started getting glitchy. First it wouldn't switch from CANCEL to PLAY, then it wouldn't load the LOGIN button... now I cannot even pull up the patcher.

38RKMN0.jpg
@Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
Post edited by gornonthecob on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
    I'm still having these two error messages. At first I thought it would happen only when I zoned, but now it's just booting me out randomly and giving me the FATAL ERROR message. There's also a little pop up down by my PC clock that says Nvidia xxxxx.xx stopped responding but has recovered.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Each new module has been making the graphics better, but also makes it harder for machines to run it. For the first time, I've had to keep my graphics below max settings (which are no longer recommended -- they were before) just to run around PE. The new graphics is probably what makes you crash. I'm a little concerned that the game will gradually become unplayable with every new graphics pass....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I can assure you that this is not the case.

f1oXaOt.jpg
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Turn your desktop resolution down in windows and in video options in neverwinter run as desktop at same resolution. You might also want to download Nvidia Inspector and limit framereate to 30FPS. This might help.