test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.10.20131029a.5 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Major Known Issue: Friends List and Chat Channels Reset (Preview Only)
  • All players' Friends lists and chat channels are temporarily reset, and cross-communication between Preview and the live Neverwinter shard (and other Cryptic games) is not possible.
  • This will not happen when this build goes to the live shard; it's an issue unique to Preview's interaction with the cross-game chat server.
  • This will be addressed in the next Preview build push. Friends lists and chat channels will be switched back to the state they're in on the live shard.

Highlights
  • Astral Diamonds are no longer required to upgrade items.
  • Players using Windows XP or earlier can once again run the game.

Release Notes

Quests and Environment
Protector's Enclave
  • Laris the Reader (in the Sage Shop) now has more optional dialogs that explain artifacts.
  • Several typos have been fixed in Aralynn the Pious' dialogues.
  • The quest, "A Powerful Gift," has been removed for the time being.

Blackdagger Ruins
  • Artifact Recovery: A couple more platforms have been added to this quest. (Known issue: Enemy encounters to be added in a later build.)

Pirates' Skyhold
  • The Scalefather's heal power now has a longer cooldown.
  • The Scalefather's heal power now heals for less.

Dread Ring
  • Loading screens now fit the zone.
  • Many visual updates have been made to the zone, the intro, its instanced maps, and the enemies within. More to come in the following weeks!
  • The ambient audio in the zone should be closer to final.
  • Death Forge: Jawbone's aggro range has been increased.
  • Dread Legion: Summoning portals are now more difficult to destroy in 5-person content.
  • Dread Legion: This skirmish now has extra portals in the third wave.
  • Dread Spire: The Knight Commander now properly aggros when the player leaves the stairs of the arena.
  • Valindra's Tower: Valindra's PBAoE no longer hits players outside the target area.

Combat
Guardian Fighter
  • Brawling Warrior: This power now properly adds extra threat.
  • Crescendo now plays sound FX if the power misses.
Hunter Ranger
  • Commanding Shot: The sound on this power has been improved.
  • Hawk Shot: The sound on hit has been improved.
  • Oakskin: This power now correctly ignores other allies' companions.
  • Thorn Strike: The sound on this power's activation no longer incorrectly plays twice.
  • Thorn Ward: The sound on this power's activation has been improved.
  • Thorn Ward: This power no longer damages targets at twice the expected range.
    Trickster Rogue
  • Disheartening Strike: The damage from this power now occurs when the hit happens in the animation.
  • Feat: Seething Knives: This power no longer incorrectly gives Razor Knives a 100% chance of applying a DoT.
  • Feat: Seething Knives: Damage from this feat is no longer incorrectly influenced by an unrelated feat.

Foundry
  • Several new Room pieces have been added to the authoring tools.

Items and Economy
Artifacts
  • Artifacts can no longer crit, be enhanced by the player's stats, or be affected by cooldown reduction or armor penetration.
  • Artifacts may now be equipped at Level 1.
  • Artifacts now have their final icons.
  • Blood Crystal Raven Skull: This artifact's power now grants 10% of the player's maximum health as temp health in addition to the previous 30 / 50 / 70 / 90% of the player's missing health.
  • Multiples of the same artifact can no longer be equipped at the same time. (Known issue: Different qualities of the same artifact can currently still be equipped at the same time.)
  • Shard of Valindra's Crown: The AoE radius has been increased by 5 feet, but damage has been reduced by 66%.
  • Shard of Valindra's Crown: The player is now invulnerable while channeling this artifact.
  • Shard of Valindra's Crown: This artifact's power now hits twice.
    Misc.
  • Coal now properly has the "Alchemy" tag, allowing it to be found on the Auction House.
  • Gear Score should no longer rarely go into the negative.
  • Many Dread Ring items now properly have a placeholder icon instead of a white square.
  • Plague Fire Enchantment: This enchantment is once again properly found in the Enchantment category of the Auction House. Existing auctions will not change.
  • Several mounts and companion idle animations have been adjusted so that their antics should occur much less frequently.
  • The maximum number of Idle Companion slots purchasable from the Zen Market is now 192, up from 96.

User Interface (UI)
Campaign: Dread Ring
  • The arrow connectors now properly point directly to their tasks.
  • The quest prerequisites now properly display in the Campaign UI.
  • The Research tasks are now sized proportionally to the amount of progress they account for.
  • The Boon tasks are now positioned proportionally to the amount of progress required to unlock them.
Collections
  • If a player gets a higher-quality version of an artifact without getting a lower-quality one, the lower-quality version will also show collection credit.
  • Older versions of the Guardian Fighter Unicorn set pieces now properly grant collection credit.
  • The Artifacts category now can be sorted by Location.
    Inventory
  • The Sort button no longer incorrectly stacks enchantments that have RP with enchantments that don't.
Mail
  • Mail sent from the Auction House will now be automatically deleted after five days, but only after the items in the mail are removed.
    Queues
  • Players no longer have a chance of becoming added to an instance that they cannot "de-queue from" for several minutes.
Refinement
  • Artifacts now require additional catalysts to upgrade.
  • Enchantments slotted into an item now properly show their RP.
  • Equipped artifacts no longer show up in the Fill Refinement Slots list.
  • If a player tries to consume an item with more than 5% RP toward its next level, a warning (and confirmation prompt) is now displayed.
  • "Match" has been changed to "Bonus" when receiving bonuses. This text now also shows the extra RP multiplier awarded by the item slotted.
  • Players may now destroy runestones committed to their companions.
  • Players may now refine runestones committed to their companions.
  • The look and feel of the Refinement UI has been updated.
  • When upgrading an item, the list of catalysts consumed is now shown.
HUD
  • It should now be more noticeable when an artifact comes off cooldown.
  • Right-clicking an artifact in the Power Tray now brings up the context menu.
  • The Artifact slot has been moved down to the left of the potion icons.
  • There is now an Active Companion Bonus icon on the player portrait. Hovering the mouse over it brings up a tooltip showing the current bonuses from the active companions.

Graphics and Stability
  • Foundry Authoring: When duplicating a map that would place the author over budget, the client no longer crashes.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Highlights

This is good one. I'd like to see difficulty rebalancing on Artifact recovery quest. Now, even at lvl 60, I had problems when was trying to complete it on low geared characters. As a 11.5k GS TR it was hard enough too, the only way I dealt with it was perma stealth. But as a CW I just AoE'd all areas within a few seconds. There must be more difficult enemies like shocktroop devil, but less those 3-bars-hp's - it's too easy for characters with a lot of AoE and kinda too hard for those who ain't got it.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No fix for the drastic reduction in frame rate caused by the multiple animations for Seismic Shot not being cancelled?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Could you reduce the Heal strength of the Zombie Cleric in Edge of the Underdark?

Its Sunburst heals itself and nearby allies for 9.6k hitpoints in average with criticals up to 13k healing
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    Downtime will be a little longer than usual. We're looking into solutions for an issue that cropped up during patching. Thanks for your patience!

The issue has been resolved. The NeverwinterPreview server is up!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [*]Astral Diamonds are no longer required to upgrade items.

If I ever seen anyone posting about how you guys don't listen to the players, I'm going to crit them in the junk for like a million damage.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • herecomesmamaherecomesmama Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Did you fix the "inventory full" problem?
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I can now get the game to run. Yay!

Course, can't connect to login server yet. But one step at a time, I know, I know.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Highlights

Very Awesome!
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Astral Diamonds are no longer required to upgrade items.

If this is the case then is it safe to assume that the high cost to remove slotted enchantments will be returning? other than that nice solid patch .
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Highlights
      Downtime will be a little longer than usual. We're looking into solutions for an issue that cropped up during patching. Thanks for your patience!
      . . . . . Thank you so much for listening, Cryptic! Looking forward to testing the rest of the changes on the refinement system as well.
    • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      imsmithy wrote: »
      If this is the case then is it safe to assume that the high cost to remove slotted enchantments will be returning? other than that nice solid patch .
      I wouldn't expect so because of this: "Artifacts now require additional catalysts to upgrade.". This could easily become a hidden AD cost depending on the availability of catalysts.
    • herecomesmamaherecomesmama Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Anybody fix the Dread Heart Reward Chest Inventory Full message.......
      edited November 2013
      I wouldn't expect so because of this: "Artifacts now require additional catalysts to upgrade.". This could easily become a hidden AD cost depending on the availability of catalysts.

Dammit , I totally missed that ahaha .
    • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Highlights
      Awesome! Now I can test this wonderful new content myself.
      I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
    • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      ironzerg79 wrote: »
      If I ever seen anyone posting about how you guys don't listen to the players, I'm going to crit them in the junk for like a million damage.

oh nine hellz yeah! ;)
    • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      imsmithy wrote: »

Yeah. Doubt it since the catalyst requirements are still there. It's a nice change but I'm definitely going to fuse as many enchantments as I can now with the current system before Module 2 goes live.
    • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Can anyone outline the current ways one can acquire these catalysts, as well as how wards will factor into this process. Will they be attainable via leadership chests/barrels, skill nodes, random enemy drops, via a vendor for gold/AD, etc? Thank you in advance.
      <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
      "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
      Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      bioshrike wrote: »
      Can anyone outline the current ways one can acquire these catalysts, as well as how wards will factor into this process. Will they be attainable via leadership chests/barrels, skill nodes, random enemy drops, via a vendor for gold/AD, etc? Thank you in advance.
      I would like to know this as well.
      Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
    • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2013

According to the descriptions of the marks in the refinement UI

Minor Mark (white - These items are found in the level 15 adventurer's Reward and can be found on the Wondrous Bazaar

Lesser Mark (green) - These items can be found in Skill Nodes and can be found on the Wonderous Bazaar

Mark (blue) - These items can be found from Epic Dungeon Skill Nodes and Bosses, and can be found on the Wonderous Bazaar

Greater Mark (purple) - These items can be found from Epic Dungeon Bosses, and can be found on the Wonderous Bazaar.

The "And can be found on the wonderous bazaar" part only applies to Marks of Potency. Marks of Power, Union, and Stability, which are all used only for artifact upgrades, are currently only world drops from the sources. Though the purple ones come out of the lairs in the Dread Ring if you run a certain lair on the a certain day. Tuesdays run Dread Spire and get a greater mark of power. Wednesdays it is Death Forge and stability with Thursday requiring you to run Phantasmal Fortress if you want the greater mark of union.

Prices in the bazaar are 25 AD for the minor mark, 500 for the lesser, 25k for the normal mark of potency, and finally 100k for the greater mark of potency.

No mention of leadership chests/barrels.

As for wards, they function exactly the same as they did before, though preservation wards protect you from losing the catalysts on a failed refining as opposed to one of the enchantments under the old system.
    • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Here's something that might give you some answers:
      They can all be found by game play. Minors come from adventurer reward chests. (And if you run out of those, they cost 25 AD so that isn't a big deal.) The green ones come from chests and skill nodes very commonly. The blues come from dungeons I think and some mission in the dread ring if I remember correctly. Purples are from epic dungeons and dread ring solo dungeons on specific days. As Khimera said, they all list where they drop.
      Also, here's the Refining systems feedback thread.
      http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?521791-Cryptic-OFFICIAL-Feedback-Thread-Refinement-System-Pt-2
      I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
    • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
      edited November 2013
      Shards are bugged in that they are still showing and costing an AD Upgrade cost.
    • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Custom Channels are not showing up on this latest build at all. So you can neither chat in them or see what is being sad. Please get a fix to this quick.
    • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
      edited November 2013
      Any plans to ever fix GF at wills Agg Strike and Shield Bash? They don't proc any weapon enchantments at all. Reported since Open Beta.
    • dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
      edited November 2013
      dardove wrote: »
      Custom Channels are not showing up on this latest build at all. So you can neither chat in them or see what is being sad. Please get a fix to this quick.

Pretty sure that has something to do with this.
      Major Known Issue: Friends List and Chat Channels Reset (Preview Only)
      All players' Friends lists and chat channels are temporarily reset, and cross-communication between Preview and the live Neverwinter shard (and other Cryptic games) is not possible.
      edited November 2013
      Pretty sure that has something to do with this.

Ah, that wasn't up there when I originally read the patch notes.
    • hammeredhellhammeredhell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      not sure if this has been addressed in any of the other threads in the forum....but has this issue been addressed:
      addition of the space for artifacts on the "character sheet" now increase the size of a Non-Adjustable window.
      for me and a few others i've heard in zone chat on preview...this means i must rearrange the hud to change out dailys, then rearrange it back to play, and then repeat...ad nauseam. (switching back and forth from dps/heal mode on a cleric for example).

*Sidenote* it would be nice to have an additional tab in the "character sheet" that had different "roles" with slots for encounters, dailys, class feats and at-wills and the ability change roles from the character screen tab as long as ur not in combat or some such thing....ofc this is just kind of a wishlist and not something that's easily coded or something i expect to see in the game anytime soon, if at all...but would be nice....

anyways...diggin' the work on shadowmantle so far...and the game in general...kudos
    • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
      edited November 2013
      Players using Windows XP or earlier can once again run the game.

Wow... Took you Dev fellas only 3 weeks...
      I've seen it already comming this f*close-epic fail gets live and I could get 3*8GB discspace free instant with almost no chance of return.
      But hey, let's exchange an issue keeping many people out of the game with anotherone like blocking chats - another one I don't see a reason.

May take it a bit ironic, but I'm kinda * to be blocked off a game suddenly due a patch (and yes, I've bought some Zens, spend some real money to NW, so I feel free to mimi a bit.)
      Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
      edited November 2013
      craeh1 wrote: »
      Wow... Took you Dev fellas only 3 weeks...
      I've seen it already comming this f*close-epic fail gets live and I could get 3*8GB discspace free instant with almost no chance of return.
      But hey, let's exchange an issue keeping many people out of the game with anotherone like blocking chats - another one I don't see a reason.

May take it a bit ironic, but I'm kinda * to be blocked off a game suddenly due a patch (and yes, I've bought some Zens, spend some real money to NW, so I feel free to mimi a bit.)

It only took a week. They found the issue, fixed it, and put it into the next patch.
    • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
      edited November 2013
      The Greater Marks (purple) can be found in dungeons of the Dread Ring if you do them on certain days. The solo (or duo if you are squishy class) friendly dungeons, that are like Gnarlroot, Witch Fen, and Tower of Celedaine currently on the live shard in Sharandar. If you look at collections, then click on Dread Ring and look at them by Location, you can read more about it in detail, including what drops on what day of the week (They all appear to be mid week - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday currently).
      My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
      Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
      Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
      kuI2v8l.png
      edited November 2013
      I like the active character contributions icon on the character picture , its really handy to see what bonuses you have without having to open the companion window , and I love the fact that ancient necklaces can now be transmuted , I can now use my Caturday cape finally , little quality of life improvements like these make me smile , give yourselves a pat on the back lol
    This discussion has been closed.