test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Collection System

graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
This system is for the fresh level 60 player curious about what’s items are available and where to get all of them. It’s for the player ready to face the challenges of new content and is curious about what the rewards will be. It is for those players who really, really, like collecting items just to see their icons light up in the Collections window.

The Collections window is accessed through clicking on its icon in the row at the top middle of the screen or by just pressing ‘ctrl-j’. The categories of collectables are on the left side of the window with the items themselves arranged in collections in the main part of the window. Every item collected will light up and increase your Collection score (or Companion Collection Score if it is a Companion). Completing many Collections will also give a bonus to your Collection Score and some even grant titles. The Scores are purely cosmetic for the time being.

Anyway, browse through the collections and give any feedback in this thread. I will be reading all of your posts.
Post edited by graalx3 on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is the collection score account wide or per character?
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Good question. Will we have to concentrate in a single character?
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Is the collection score account wide or per character?

We had a very lively debate over this exact question. We finally decided that the collection score would be per character. This is primarily because all of the equipment collections only include items usable by the current character. Guardian Fighters don't display progress on Beacon of Faith armor sets for example.
    edited October 2013
    Known Issue: Anyone that has logged into Preview since Oct 3 will not get Collection credit for equipped items and companions in active slots. To get credit you will have to un-equip the item and put it in your inventory. For companions you will have to move the companion to the Idle Companion bag.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Companion
    The Portal Hound is not registering as if I have it. All of my other companions updated when I used the workaround, but Portal Hound, no matter how many times I move it in and out of my idle bag it doesn't see it.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    The Portal Hound is not registering as if I have it. All of my other companions updated when I used the workaround, but Portal Hound, no matter how many times I move it in and out of my idle bag it doesn't see it.

Was that the white portal hound or the blue (or green?) one?
    edited October 2013
    miasmat wrote: »
    Was that the white portal hound or the blue (or green?) one?

It is the one from the Feywild starter pack. It is green quality.
    edited October 2013

Sorry about that. I missed the Portal Hound in one file. It will count when this goes live.
    edited October 2013
    Companions that come from promos should either all be listed or all not be listed. Right now, the Quickling is listed in the collection page, but the Lillend, Arcmage's Apprentice, Faithful Initiate, and Mercenary are not.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    feedback: moving companions from idle to active slots triggers the summoned companion to make whatever its idle noise is. in my case, the cat companion meows.

this should probably be in the companions thread and not this one.
    edited October 2013
    Companions that come from promos should either all be listed or all not be listed. Right now, the Quickling is listed in the collection page, but the Lillend, Arcmage's Apprentice, Faithful Initiate, and Mercenary are not.

Promo companions should not be in the collection. Wave byebye to the Quickling.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Promo companions should not be in the collection. Wave byebye to the Quickling.

Just a head up: the Mystic Phoera should also be removed. :)
  • manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Just a head up: the Mystic Phoera should also be removed. :)

Will all of the lockbox companions be removed from collections? It looks like certain collections (once people use up their lockboxes) will become unobtainable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
    edited November 2013
    Will all of the lockbox companions be removed from collections? It looks like certain collections (once people use up their lockboxes) will become unobtainable.

They can always do events where old lockboxes drop again. STO does that.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I really love new titles from obtaining full sets. Avatar of War, Master Assassin, Knight Captain etc. This is soo cool, thank you for that :)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited November 2013
    @Dardove I was thinking that, but it feels like companion achievements should be account wide, armor/other set achievements should be per character. Unless the companions are made account wide for each one that is acquired through the zen store/lock boxes - or the achievements for those specific creatures.

I say this because some of us that can get more ocd with collections are going to have fits with this particular system for unlocks on the companions. The armor achievements and weapon achievements being character specific however, make sense to me and I like that part of them.

It is the companion unlocks I have issue with given each companion's cost and how quickly new companions are added.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    The lockbox companions are included so that everyone knows where they came from in case we ever decided to drop old lockboxes some time in the future. I removed the Mystic Phoera as it will probably* not be dropped again.

*where probably equals some value between 90% and 0%.
    edited November 2013
    @Dardove I was thinking that, but it feels like companion achievements should be account wide, armor/other set achievements should be per character. Unless the companions are made account wide for each one that is acquired through the zen store/lock boxes - or the achievements for those specific creatures.

I say this because some of us that can get more ocd with collections are going to have fits with this particular system for unlocks on the companions. The armor achievements and weapon achievements being character specific however, make sense to me and I like that part of them.

It is the companion unlocks I have issue with given each companion's cost and how quickly new companions are added.

That is one of the reasons why I only play one character on MMOs. All the companions I collect are on my main character. My other characters just get account wide companions.
    edited November 2013
    That is one of the reasons why I only play one character on MMOs. All the companions I collect are on my main character. My other characters just get account wide companions.

That's how I'm having to do it right now, but I really would like to see the achievements specific to the lockbox/store companions become account wide. Anyone that spends enough time/money to gamble on getting those companions should get the achievement for it on all their characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I don't get this collection feature. You have to litter your bank slot or bags with items you will never use only to get credit? I have some stuff in bank, those show up in my collection. Other items I had once but sold them because it makes no sense to keep a Redcap hat which I never will equip anyway. Those items don't show up in my collection because this feature seems to only scan what I still have.

This smells like you want people to buy bags and bank slots, seriously. In other games collections have to be turned in. I could imagine a system where you acquire an item, turn it in for your collection, thus binding it, and then it shows up in your collection overview (so more like a explore feature, I find something, check it against my collection and get credit). You can then either keep it or sell it but since it has become bound you cannot sell it via AH anymore. Everything else is just plain stupid in a game where my bag space is always at the limit anyway (and will be even worse due to the new enchantment system where different enchants of the same kind that are levelled differently use different bag space now, too).

Why build in features that only some die-hard players will fully use anyway. Those players that really spend tons of real money on this game?
    edited November 2013
    Yokihiro, you are under no obligation to keep items that are in your collection. Once it is registered in your collection, it is registered for good whether you keep it or not. Which makes it a bit odd for BoE items because you can acquire it and then immediately pass it off to someone else where it will register for them.

The system can't tell about items you had prior to module 2 but sold because there was nothing keeping track of what items you previously had before.

Also I don't think you are fully understanding how to make the best use of the new enchantment system either, but that is a topic for another thread.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Yokihiro, you are under no obligation to keep items that are in your collection. Once it is registered in your collection, it is registered for good whether you keep it or not. Which makes it a bit odd for BoE items because you can acquire it and then immediately pass it off to someone else where it will register for them.

The system can't tell about items you had prior to module 2 but sold because there was nothing keeping track of what items you previously had before.

Also I don't think you are fully understanding how to make the best use of the new enchantment system either, but that is a topic for another thread.

Well if that is working like you describe it, I am fine with it. Just was confused because indeed older items I once had didn't show up. Concerning the enchantment system: My best guess is to apply the stuff onto your gear and level it there (this is working now). Then you don't fill bags. If you want to sell them though it is a bit different.
  • gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited November 2013
    Overall I like this, but there's two quirks - or rather questions at this time - I have with this system:

1. Especially as far as the companion collection is concerned there are quite a few companions listed that were available only through events of the past. What about new players? Will they get a chance to also get these companions?

2. As long as the "points" you receive by completing those collections only give "cosmetic awards" like new titles or such, that's fine with me. BUT should those points ever give in-game advantages of more than a "cosmetic" nature I'm totally against it, because some collections can only be completed by spending quite a bit of ZEN. So I really, really hope it will never come to that or are there any plans that those points will give in-game advantages?
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

An interesting system, and I like the UI, new titles and info and pictures for all the sets.

I wonder if it could be at all possible that after opening the collection you are allowed to archive your gear. Once archived the collections page essentially acts like a wardrobe and you can later retrieve the piece, or at least create a BoP copy of that armor? With so many sets now, and enchantment removal being less of a burden it allows you to maintain all your previous sets and wear them whenever you want without saving them in bag/bank slots. Would be great if it also works for all those promo masks/ event fashion like a virtual wardrobe.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    i see ioun stone of might is blue in the colection companions, does that mean u will make the ioun stone of might blue after the updatE? or we still need to upgrade it for 500k AD ?!?!
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Will we ever seen any other use of the collection points?
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • svauntsvaunt Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So as I inspect this fancy list of EPIC EQUIPMENT, I begin to wonder where are all the weapon sets that are not on this list? Dread vault drops tier 2 main hand, pirate king drops tier 2 off-hand, grey wolf's den drops tier 1 main hand, throne of idris dops tier 1 off-hand, plus gg weapons, pvp weapons, and all the other weapons that drop and there is atleast one epic weapon and off hand that can be crafted other. None are on the list zero zilch NONE. The least you could do is make a COMPLETE list.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Will we ever seen any other use of the collection points?

Exist a use of these currently? I don't see any option to spend or use them. Or im only blind?
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lv 20 Teifling Cleric is not in collection - it was from a paid subscription to an online gaming review site.

Will it be added; or will outside Companions be excluded, to stop people unnecessarily tramping the Internet for them.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
    edited November 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    Lv 20 Teifling Cleric is not in collection - it was from a paid subscription to an online gaming review site.

Will it be added; or will outside Companions be excluded, to stop people unnecessarily tramping the Internet for them.

Will not be added.
This discussion has been closed.