test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Artifact System

graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
Artifacts are powerful magic items that will grant you a new power, activated by pressing ‘`’ (that’s a tilde, the key to the left of the 1 on many keyboards) when equipped in the new Primary Artifact slot. Each artifact also has 1 to 3 stats, depending on its Quality level, that will be added to your totals when the artifact is in the Primary slot or either of the Secondary Artifact slots. The Secondary Artifact slots are opened at level 60. Speak to Sergeant Knox once you have reached level 21 and he will guide you to a sage knowledgeable about artifacts.

Artifacts have a Rank that can be increased through the new Item Refinement system. Every rank will increase the stat bonuses of the artifact. At Ranks 30, 60 and 100 the artifact must go through the Upgrade process which will increase the Quality level of the artifact. This Upgrade will increase the effectiveness of the artifacts power as well as allowing the artifact to continue increasing in Rank.

Grab your artifact from the initial quest and give it a try. Post any and all feedback or questions about artifacts to this thread. I will be reading all of your posts.
Post edited by graalx3 on

Comments

• drannicdrannic Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 75
    edited October 2013
    Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Categories then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
    (Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Type: Bug, Feedback
    (Pick one or the other)

Category: Artifact Name, Powers, UI, General
    (Please list only categories that apply to your feedback)

Example Posts:
    Bug: Artifact: Lantern of Revelation
    My artifact is not granting the stat bonuses to my character.

The Artifact power of the Lantern of Revelation should also allow me to see hidden targets 10 feet further!

These Artifact items are upgraded in rank and quality with the new refinement system, if you have feedback or find any bugs related to this, please make the posts in the thread below.

Refinement System: (Thread)

We look forward to hearing back from you!
    - Drannic
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When can we try this?
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Artifact: Artifact Recovery

Grate to enter Forgotten Vault gives the following error:

[Admin] Couldn't get map names from map manager
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Quest: Artifact Recovery
    Unable to enter the quest. Gives "Couldn't get map names from map manager" error.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    Regarding being unable to enter the Artifact Recovery instance:
    Thanks a ton. We've tracked down a potential cause of the issue and are looking into a fix. Unfortunately, we won't be able to hotfix it, so it'll require a patch.

UPDATE: The fix to this is now live! Artifact Recovery can now properly be completed. Thanks for the patience.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Artifact: Amulet of Passage
    When summoned near enemies the shopkeeper runs at the enemies, sword in hand, and stares really hard at them. It might be a bit more hopefully if he attacked as well. Also, I don't know if I don't understand the shop aspect or if isn't working. I'm not seeing any way to sell my stuff to him.

Do to multiple spawns in a fairly small area, this quest can be a bit of a challenge in spots. I enjoyed it, but others might. Also, I would love it if that floating skull became a companion.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Artifact: User Interface: Amulet of Passage
    Tooltip description for an Equip of the Epic and Legendary ranks shows as "Equip: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Rating_GoldBonus"

Bug: Artifact: User Interface: Emblem of Seldarine
    Tooltip description for an Equip of the Epic and Legendary ranks shows as "Equip: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Rating_CompanionStat"
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also, I would love it if that floating skull became a companion. [/QUOTE]

Anyone remember "Morte" from Planescape: Torment? Loved him as a companion.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013

the forgotten vault area is awesome. +1
    edited November 2013
    tickdoff wrote: »
    Anyone remember "Morte" from Planescape: Torment? Loved him as a companion.

90% of the reason why I want the skull has a companion.
  • dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »

the forgotten vault area is awesome. +1

Yes it is.

So far the artifacts are seeming pretty cool. Looking forward to be added to the 7 artifacts.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    remove regeneration bonuses from them 400 regeneration per one Artifact is op regeneration builds dominate pvp already i do not think it is smart idea to give them 1.200 regeneration more replace it with hp
    can u make we can use blue,epic gear to refine artifact to not just gems
    edited November 2013
    can someone verify if artifacts will be disabled in pvp? and that would include the power as well as the stat bonuses...
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Currently, they're not disabled in PvP.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    remove regeneration bonuses from them 400 regeneration per one Artifact is op regeneration builds dominate pvp already i do not think it is smart idea to give them 1.200 regeneration more replace it with hp

Your forgetting the HEAVY DR that comes with regen. Having 1400 or having 2500 really doesnt make much difference....
    edited November 2013
    FEEDBACK!

Currently the system allows you to remove (aka swap) artifacts while they are on CD. If you want this to be a MAJOR problem in pvp, leave it as is. I dont think this is intended and I would imagine that if an artifact ins on CD it cannot be swapped out (much like encounters are now). If you leave it, people will be using the most ridiculous combinations and have the ability to swap over to others while some are on CD.....
  • fallonwfallonw Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tickdoff wrote: »
    Also, I would love it if that floating skull became a companion.

Anyone remember "Morte" from Planescape: Torment? Loved him as a companion.[/QUOTE]

Thats the first thing it reminded me of! Loved that game and i loved Morte as a companion.
    Devs: Add the skull as a companion! :D
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    We plan to have Artifacts not be able to be swapped out while they are on cooldown.
    You will also be limited to equipping only 1 artifact of a specific type. For example. you will only be allowed to equip one Lantern of Revalation.
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    We plan to have Artifacts not be able to be swapped out while they are on cooldown.
    You will also be limited to equipping only 1 artifact of a specific type. For example. you will only be allowed to equip one Lantern of Revalation.

What about 1 "orange" (ultra rare?) lantern and then 1 epic lantern? So two lanterns but two different rarity?
  • djtlitedjtlite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the shopkeeper is definitely broken on all fronts aside from being able to be summoned...
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Is there a list of artifacts and what they do anywhere?
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »

not sure if you can answer this, but are there any plans on disallowing the swapping of gear while in combat?
    edited November 2013
    krinaman wrote: »

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?517751-New-Artifacts-Collection-in-Module-2-Shadowmantle

courtesy of fondlez
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    What about 1 "orange" (ultra rare?) lantern and then 1 epic lantern? So two lanterns but two different rarity?

It is still one type and therefore not able to have two.
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    warpet wrote: »

The two regeneration artifacts is the best thing to happen to less hardcore pvpers since tene nerf announcement made people panic and sell their tenes. It will allow people to easily softcap this powerful stat with just regeneration jewelry, without having to get pvp specific gear. As mentioned before, regeneration has a very steep softcap. From 1200 to 1600, you will be paying 200 points per 1% regeneration, and the sweet spot is about 900-1300 regeneratoin.
  • horizonshardhorizonshard Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Artifact Refinement

When attempting to refine my Green Lantern of Revelation to a Blue Lantern of Revelation it requires 1 Mark of Power (a blue refining stone) and 2 Lesser Marks of Power (a green refining stone). I have no idea where to get these Marks of Power. The Marks that are sold in the Wondrous Bazaar are Marks of Potency. Is it intended to have the Marks of Power not available in the Wondrous bazaar?
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013

Go in game. Press 'ctrl-j'. Select Artifacts from the list on the left.
  • horizonshardhorizonshard Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Today I found a Lesser Mark of Union from a resource node. The tooltip of this Mark says "This Refining Stone is a key component used to upgrade Artifacts during the Refinement process. However, when attempting to refine my Green Lantern of Revelation to a blue version, it asks for a Marks of Power. Are these two separate things?
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Is there a way to obtain the artifacts from the quest besides the quest?

I.E. if someone wants more than one of the quest ones.
  • matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is there a way to obtain the artifacts from the quest besides the quest?

I.E. if someone wants more than one of the quest ones.

Make alt to 21lvl or buy on AH.
This discussion has been closed.