test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Got the heavy mystic horse from lockbox

jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Anyone know if it is worth selling it or not?

I took the advantage of the key discount and 1 out of 10 i got the mount someone congratulated me on it, so it must be rare and straight away offered me to trade it

first he offered me 2 epic rogue weapons then and epic shirt, so i was toying with him asking if the mount is worth it for the epic shirt and he said it is,(Trickster exquisite shirt) so i agreed to trade it with him, boy he was probably shocked when i said that. so i logged off, I may be stupid at times but i aint that stupid

I don't know how much it is worth but i do know it is not worth it to trade it for an epic shirt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• dantteidanttei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    You got ripped off if you traded for a shirt. Its worth around 1.7mill but im sure its been undercut a fair bit now.
    A shirt is worth around 200k+ :/
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let's see.. they went from 1.7 mil from first few to 5 mil for a while then back to 2 mil and are sitting around 1.5 mil. Your shirt is not even worth 200k, I don't think that one is even slotted? So.. open more chests pl0x!
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • booman666booman666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well that mount is now worth like 1m ad so u gotz rip off u shall trade that for both ancient weps that would be adequate prize
    TR on Beholder for life
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't say i traded it, i still have the mount
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait until a big event/update, then sell it on the AH. My inventory/bank is full of gear to sell.
    Will unload it all during the next big event/update (Feywild).

While you wait for Feywild, watch the AH, every day. This weekend (Friday, Saturday) could also be a good time to sell. Based on my experiences, prices on the AH are lowest Tuesday-Thursday, and highest on weekends/holidays/major updates.

I bought a flaming horse on Wednesday from the AH. There were 10-20 of them for sale and sellers were undercutting each other. Two days later, all flaming horses were sold.
  • rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Sell it as soon as possible on the AH (if you don't want to keep it). Prices will only go down as more enter circulation.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Do people still want that lockbox-horse? Wow... can't say I'm not surprised. It soundsd like a really awesome thing at first, but really, it's not. I see it all the time, and barely even use my own. From what I've noticed, it's one of the most common mounts in the entire game, other than the real horses.

To make it even worse, think about this: You spend real money to get the key to open the box, and you usually need to open a lot of boxes to get it. But it's not faster than other mounts, and it's not better looking (it's too common.) So instead of going through all the trouble of getting the boxes and spending real money to unlock them, why not get a different, more unique mount on the Zen-market? It would save a lot of time, you would get a mount you actually want and it could be even more rare than the so-called rare lockbox-horse.

That's the problem with rare stuff. Everyone want it because it's rare, but the more people who gets it, the more common and useless it gets.

Edit: For that matter, I have lost count on how many lockboxes I've thrown away so far. Gotta be dozens. They don't sell for much, and there's nothing in there I want. As for real money to open them, I'll rather spend it on other stuff. Oh, sure, I can convert ADs to Zen, but again, I'd rather spend it on other stuff.
  • fallenangel1911fallenangel1911 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Keep in mind that not everyone cares about how "rare"(as in real rarity, not in-game rarity level) an item is(in fact, it's usually only the "leetists" who do). A T3 mount is a T3 mount is a T3 mount...it doesn't suddenly become slower when someone else than you also has one, nor does it suddenly start to look worse. All that happens is that vanity stricken people who can't bear to see someone else possess the same thing that they do throw a fit. Meanwhile, many other people get the mount they actually *like the appearance of*, not caring one bit about how many others are riding the same one.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    To make it even worse, think about this: You spend real money to get the key to open the box... [snip]

or think about this... you don't have to spend real money to convert AD to Zen and then buy keys! that's how i got my heavy nightmare mount. and it is an epic mount that is way faster than all the 5g mounts available from the merchant... and some of the mounts sold in the zen store! the number of them in circulation may affect their value on the auction house, but honestly as an epic mount it's a great value. and it's a nice looking horse. maybe flaming horses ain't your thing. but... you know... whatever blows your hair back.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't get it , since when it's a crime to spend real money on the game . It's a free world , we can do w/e the hell we want with our cash amiright?

On topic : Just check the AH prices for the mount , if I were you though I would wait before I sell it . They might be even more expensive in 3-4 weeks .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I am sorry to be straight with this, but you are just stupid :)

Every time you loot something, just open the **** auction house and check the general price...

Never sell anything to anybody without checking the AH
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pw3cka wrote: »
    I am sorry to be straight with this, but you are just stupid :)

Every time you loot something, just open the **** auction house and check the general price...

Never sell anything to anybody without checking the AH

I'm not sorry to be straight with this, but you are just stupid.

Did you even bother reading everything he said? Did you even bother scrolling down and seeing where he explicitly said that he did NOT trade the man the horse for the shirt let alone anything.

My suggestion to him is watch for the lowest prices for the heavy mystic and monitor them. When and if the prices spike high then would be a viable time to sell.