test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you only pre-order Knight of the Feywild Pack

jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Will the expensive expansion still be available after it is launched?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the founder's pack is anything to go by then I'd say definitely yes. It will just be called the Feywild Pack after launch of the expansion. PWE never drop a chance to keep selling items, 'pre-order' is just marketing spin.
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There has been nothing to indicate that the Knight of the Feywild pack is only supposed to be available up until the launch of the Fury of the Feywild module. So yes, in all likelyhood, it will be available post launch if you want to pick up the items in it.
  • kethiankethian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    Will the expensive expansion still be available after it is launched?

Just making sure you realize that the pack is not the expansion. The expansion itself will be free - the pack just has goodies you can use when the expansion goes live but is not necessary to have in the least.
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    that's good then, i was worried cause i thought it was the expansion and i cant get it yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    that's good then, i was worried cause i thought it was the expansion and i cant get it yet

Considering, how they still sell Heros of Neverwinter packs. However its to my understanding that the expansion is free in itself, its possible to get the expansion pack. If you pre order the Feywild Pack, don't have the mistake of thinking its actual expansion pack.

The pack includes, new race, new companion. I've read this several times before. It doesn't say this pack is the expansion pack. These types of misleading situations. Is what made me first take pause when I ordered Hero Of Neverwinter, thinking it was the last of its kind.

Only for them to keep selling them.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    Considering, how they still sell Heros of Neverwinter packs. However its to my understanding that the expansion is free in itself, its possible to get the expansion pack. If you pre order the Feywild Pack, don't have the mistake of thinking its actual expansion pack.

The pack includes, new race, new companion. I've read this several times before. It doesn't say this pack is the expansion pack. These types of misleading situations.

Is what made me first take pause when I ordered Hero Of Neverwinter, thinking it was the last of its kind.

Only for them to keep selling them.

The pack includes much more than just a new race and companion. It doesn't say the pack is the expansion because it's not the expansion. It simply contains additional items that share a theme with the expansion.

It has been made clear again and again that the pack isn't needed to play the new content. There is nothing misleading going on here. Some just don't keep up with the information or don't understand it, causing their own confusion.

The original Neverwinter pack was limited. The current pack doesn't include all that the previous one did, mainly because some of what was in the first pack is no longer possible, like guaranteed access to beta weekends.