test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No point buying keys with zen exchange and selling it at the AH

jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I tried to do that, i exchanged AD with zen and i bought a key and when i was going to put it up for auction, i tried to sell it the cheapest, the cheapest i seen is 44,000k and i spent around 40-45k with exchange and since the AH cut is over 5k there is no point i will be losing AD, only way to make a profit is you have to buy zen with real money
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You realize those keys aren't for profit, right? If anything from the Zen shop could be sold for a profit then the game would be broken. Think about that for a second.
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So?

lrn2playmarket
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    So?

lrn2playmarket

what? i do not understand what you just said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    what? i do not understand what you just said
    If you can't figure out other ways of making a profit, well...maybe you're not destined to make a profit.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    That is the reason why here is a tax in AH, no buy and sell trading for you. Find another way of earning profit like playing the game content.
  • meirrilmeirril Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    I tried to do that, i exchanged AD with zen and i bought a key and when i was going to put it up for auction, i tried to sell it the cheapest, the cheapest i seen is 44,000k and i spent around 40-45k with exchange and since the AH cut is over 5k there is no point i will be losing AD, only way to make a profit is you have to buy zen with real money

What ever gave you the idea you could make a profit doing that? Your just exchanging one form of currency (AD) with another (zen) to buy another form of currency (keys). (Yes yes, keys aren't actually currency, but they get used like currency so they are). The only way your going to make a profit from that is if the value of AD goes down vs keys. From what I've noticed watching the AD vs Zen market if you hold on to your keys for long enough you will be able to sell them for more than what you paid. Keys = zen (stable exchange rate) and AD is loosing value as more AD enters the game vs the demand for AD and the viable sinks (ways to remove AD from the game, like buying things from the Wonderous Bazzar, and the 5% that PW takes from items purchased on the auction house).

The only way your going to make a profit buying and selling things from the Zen Market is if very few people offer that particular item and the in-game demand is high. You would have a better chance using the zen to buy a bag, trading the bag for keys (and make sure you get more in keys than the bag cost you in zen), and then sell the keys for AD (idols perfered so you don't loose a percentage to the AH) which you could then use to buy zen for another bag and keep a few keys in profit...or you miscalculate and end up with a loss.

A bag is an example. Any item that people want badly enough you might be able to get them to make a bad exchange, which is what your counting on. Or you could just exchange AD/Zen back in forth playing the ebb and flow of the market like a real daytrader in the stock market. Again, you guess wrong and you loose.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this a genuine post?

If this needs explaining to you then I fear our global recession may go on a tad longer if you are the next generation...
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The price for keys on the AH is set by the players. So yes there is a chance to sell for a profit.
    Current zen- AD is around 350 on dragon (it fluctuates of course).
    so if you buy 10 keys for 1125 zen or 393,750 AD,
    Then you would have to sell the keys at 43,750AD each to break even.
    Any amount over that is profit. If you get the zen at a lower rate you basically make 125AD for each point it drops below 350 (or lose for each point it goes above).

So yes you can make AD/zen doing this if the rates are right. There is a lot of competition. Margins are tight, plus you have to resist the temptation to use the keys. For a while the margins were great, you could buy 10 keys and sell 9 to make your money back and keep one, those days are long gone.

Essentially just price your keys at a minimum of 125AD/zen you paid to break even. Never buy single keys.
    Don't expect an immediate turn around if market prices are low.
  • germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1 :P
    Is this a genuine post?

If this needs explaining to you then I fear our global recession may go on a tad longer if you are the next generation...

Yeah, stop trying to play the market.