test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rome wasn't built in a day.

gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
There is truth to that statement. Let's see....16 hours on this map and that was just laying out the road / walls. The entire time, all I could think was "God I wish we could fly in 3D edit. Little Big Planet, Minecraft, they got it right."

Now I'm just sad that only 20 people will play it when it's done. :P

LMD99iW.jpg

Oh well, I can't wait to finish it!
@Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
Post edited by gornonthecob on

Comments

• lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm using teleporters to go quickly through my quest maps. too bad I can't use them in the air...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That might have been helpful here. I usually only think to use them when I'm playtesting though.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I always kind of thought the Romans just killed all the Greeks, & called changed the name of Greece to Rome. I wasn't aware they actually built stuff. Guess you learn something every day. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • threstonthreston Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I always kind of thought the Romans just killed all the Greeks, & called changed the name of Greece to Rome. I wasn't aware they actually built stuff. Guess you learn something every day. :D

i'm guessing you failed history class... to say the least....
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe Rome wasn't founded in a day but in the first day sure the founder Romolus worked hard: He consulted the oracles (sort of primary elections)to decide who was to be the king of the future city, killed his brother Remus , that was trying an Impeachment vote, and lay the foundation of the city with a plow. Not bad for a day work :D
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    One thing I've found helpful is invisible walls turned into scaffolding, so you can move around up high and still get a good view of what things look like (which wouldn't be the case if you were using something solid)

It might be worth combining the scaffolding with ruler cubes or something to help remind you where the wall is and where the edge is.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    16 hours? I have over 300 hours into mine (and that's a super conservative estimate!). It's probably close to twice that...

But in fairness, I built more than a road. :p
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    August 22nd.

Drag-n-drop items in 3d edit mode.
    Free camera movement. (fly mode)
    Edit teleporters, traps, NPCs and encounters in 3d edit mode.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's going to be awesome. I'm frankly thinking of taking a vacation until then, because my underwater stuff (particularly one completely hand-built map) is going to stink without fly mode.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    August 22nd.

Drag-n-drop items in 3d edit mode.
    Free camera movement. (fly mode)
    Edit teleporters, traps, NPCs and encounters in 3d edit mode.

Sweet, I guess I now have a date for when I start wrapping up my campaign.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Aye, that was the patch I've been waiting for. Until then I am working on my CE3 maps.

^^
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess I'll wait until some time after August 22nd if I don't finish this sooner... if I release it two weeks or so after that date I'll be drowned by all the other authors who are also releasing their stuff at that time.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't realize that patch was actually coming. I'd heard about the drag and drop, but I'd not heard anything about the free camera. Sadly, after adding all the road and a few buildings/trees, I'm almost capped out on my details. If it were 2000, that would be ok. Right now I'm picking at grass to free up room.

vpPKJFo.jpg
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • irtoof75irtoof75 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If its anything like your two previous quests its gonna be a very entertaining road.
    "Crayons taste like purple"

Campaign: Night of Embers - NWS-DQX5GVNKO
    1: A Flame In The Darkness - NW-DE47BTDI9