test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVE queues taking forever

daghenedaghene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi there. Can someone explain me why the dungeon queues at 60(both the ones where i barely reach the minimum gs and the ones where i'm far above) takes like 30 minutes to start?

I know, my main is a dps but the fact is my friend with his cleric has hard times to queue too.

Seriously how am i supposed to enjoy logging in my lvl 60 toon if all i have to do is sit there for 30 minutes before a dungeon starts(even when the delves event is on) and then maybe get the idiots leaving after the first wipe?

This and the fact pvp is full of leavers makes me wonder why i should continue playing this game.

Anyone having the same issue? I totally love the action style of this MMO and leaving for a basic punishable pvp issue like leavers(where developers don't do anything about it) and more than 10 minutes queue for a dungeon would be stupid considering these are super old issues when it comes to MMO's and they have been solved in many ways already on different games.
Post edited by daghene on

Comments

• b0r7b0r7 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stop queuing up solo?

Oh. My. God. The que isn't the problem, just you. Seems to be working as intended, there is no factor that guarantee instant group forming, there is no factor that implies everyone you are going to get lumped together is going to be a pr0 gamer, in fact...it is you that is the problem. Try making a premade and get friends (PVP and PVE), people leaving is a perk that comes with "random individuals" and its not broken when someone leaves...just means the other side is far superior then you and got such a huge head start that you will not be able to catch up in PVP or PVE the other individuals on your team are 100% useless (true fact, if you have a cleric that is sitting on a rock avoiding Mad Dragon red circles who has healed 300k damage and the top three people people have received 200k damage each...then in fact the cleric has done nothing while your group is burning pots which should cost 5 copper per potion and be on a 3 second timer since it is starting to be the norm).

My preferred group would be myself and 4 dumb idiot AI scripted pets, cause at least I know instantly when starting something I won't need high expectations. Lately, a pet has been more reliable then last 12 groups I have left mid fight when you don't 1) Have a cleric and some how a 4k potion is supposed to keep me alive when I take 4k+ more damage right after popping it 2) Wizards don't control fast hopping NPC, cause chasing things as melee is fun 3) No one believes that focusing healing adds is number one thing to put down. Yeah, 2 cleric pets and 2 wizard pets as a GWF would be awesome...people are useless.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daghene wrote: »
    Hi there. Can someone explain me why the dungeon queues at 60(both the ones where i barely reach the minimum gs and the ones where i'm far above) takes like 30 minutes to start?

I know, my main is a dps but the fact is my friend with his cleric has hard times to queue too.

Seriously how am i supposed to enjoy logging in my lvl 60 toon if all i have to do is sit there for 30 minutes before a dungeon starts(even when the delves event is on) and then maybe get the idiots leaving after the first wipe?

This and the fact pvp is full of leavers makes me wonder why i should continue playing this game.

Anyone having the same issue? I totally love the action style of this MMO and leaving for a basic punishable pvp issue like leavers(where developers don't do anything about it) and more than 10 minutes queue for a dungeon would be stupid considering these are super old issues when it comes to MMO's and they have been solved in many ways already on different games.

Thing is people stopped using the solo queue because they are tired of random players that can't play their class and rage when you give them advise .

Everyone just forms a premade group nowadays and that's it .
  • daghenedaghene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Thing is people stopped using the solo queue because they are tired of random players that can't play their class and rage when you give them advise .

I'll ignore the first guy who replied because someone starting a conversation with "the problem is you" doesn't deserve a reply. Also i keep noticing this forums are full of frustrated persons that feels like attacking everyone without trying to have a normal conversation, this may be the last time i post in this bad place.

That being said: i know they form groups that way but it's just dumb. Back in the days when no queues existed you had tons of people(in other MMO's) spamming searching for a group. Then they made automatic queues and everyone were happy.

If this isn't working in Neverwinter reasons are other(example: two rogues/CW when you queue for an instance that needs a GWF for the adds) and the matching system that doesn't calculate good classes/gear scores for that instance.

I mean: if in every single MMO it was a problem when automatic queue didn't exist and after they created them everyone started being happy, why should a fresh 2013 MMO feature an old system? What's not working in this game that does on the others?
  • exruinaexruina Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just found this thread, and am wondering if anyone can answer the guy's question. Was the dungeon queue system really intended to work this way or is it broken?

I just recently hit 60 and was looking forward to farming gear. Over the week I had so much trouble getting a group with the queuing system, it takes an hour or two maybe before one even starts regardless of the people in the group. Also tried staking out dungeon entrances but that ended utterly bad as well.

I've tried looking for an active guild that does dungeon runs, but sadly I haven't found any that were active, people seemed to be using the queuing system as well.
  • kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well thing is, the queue is actually not working as intended lol it is quite broken, but queue times are long because people don't tend to use queue in the 60s
  • ganjagrrrlganjagrrrl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think you need a queuing buddy and I think I should be your queuing buddy. Then we should scavenge through the server and hunt for some people to join us. Then... we turn into a cult. Yolo swag.
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    Queue bugs aside... it is what it is. I mean, DPS classes have a much longer wait. I know you said your DC friend yadda but that just your word against whomever. Without statistical data it's just words and emotion. Best thing you can do is form a group in zone chat or join a guild. Nobody is gonna hand you anything, gotta make your own way.
  • exruinaexruina Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @ganjagrrri, I'm down with that IGN is "eXruina" just add me up. xD I also get the DPS classes have a much longer wait time, uhmmm.. I'm not the guy with the DC friend.. I actually don't mind the wait.. but I get his pain. Hours?? its a waste of time, sitting there doing nothing, you can't leave the game because queue'll auto-drop.

Thanks for the reps. =)
  • theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People have stopped using the queue system. People that still use the queue system could be anyone. It could be a completely new player, or a really impatient player, etc. I can bet you that most of the better players group up with other better players.

The queue system is working as intended. It tries to give you a player with whatever class you need, given the pool of players that queued (which isn't much).

Having leavers isn't a problem with the queue system, it's a problem with the community. I can ensure you that other MMO's have the same problem with leavers and a queue system.

Having 'automatic queue' as you said does not always make everyone happy. There will always be elitists who think they are better than the group, or think they deserve a better group if you were to wipe.

About the matchmaking finding different class thing, maybe there wasn't a GWF in queue to be put into your group, or maybe there weren't that many and were already put into other groups before you. There could be many circumstances but like I said before, most of the player base are not queuing.

I have played many MMO's in the past and I can tell you that it's the same. Queuing will take a long time and people will leave if the group is not performing to their expectations.
  • yaoyaoyiffyyaoyaoyiffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The queues are pretty rotten pre-60 too. I really want to get all the Skirmish Achievements on my Wizard, and so far I've spent 8 hours (on-and-off over 4 days) in-game waiting on this latest queue, hitting jump so I don't get logged out.

Every time I level and get access to a new skirmish I queue for it, and make a point to queue as soon as I login; yet EVERY skirmish past lvl ~20 I've ended up wasting time logged in not-playing the game while I wait on interminable queues.

Dungeon queues are about as bad, I don't hard-stop my leveling for dungeons since I CAN go back for those, but I've missed a couple dungeons because I'd blow through 4-8 levels before seeing a single queue come up.

I'd like to see cross-server grouping with the queue system, there's clearly not enough people on individual servers to give reasonable queue times.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The queues are pretty rotten pre-60 too. I really want to get all the Skirmish Achievements on my Wizard, and so far I've spent 8 hours (on-and-off over 4 days) in-game waiting on this latest queue, hitting jump so I don't get logged out.

Every time I level and get access to a new skirmish I queue for it, and make a point to queue as soon as I login; yet EVERY skirmish past lvl ~20 I've ended up wasting time logged in not-playing the game while I wait on interminable queues.

Dungeon queues are about as bad, I don't hard-stop my leveling for dungeons since I CAN go back for those, but I've missed a couple dungeons because I'd blow through 4-8 levels before seeing a single queue come up.

I'd like to see cross-server grouping with the queue system, there's clearly not enough people on individual servers to give reasonable queue times.

The shards all reside on one server as is, and will be merging into one shard.
  • maggalberrymaggalberry Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daghene wrote: »
    I'll ignore the first guy who replied because someone starting a conversation with "the problem is you" doesn't deserve a reply. Also i keep noticing this forums are full of frustrated persons that feels like attacking everyone without trying to have a normal conversation, this may be the last time i post in this bad place.

But you didn't ignore him. You quite obviously made the first paragraph of your post about that guy.
  • yaoyaoyiffyyaoyaoyiffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The shards all reside on one server as is, and will be merging into one shard.

Hopefully that'll help queue times...9 hours (over 4 days) waiting on a single queue now...
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because the queue system makes us hate each other. See the link in my sig for full details on why we avoid it at all costs, and how to improve.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am actually quite surprised the cleric friend of the OP has problems getting in groups. Generally I am playing my alts which aren't 60 yet, but when I get on my cleric during DD event, I usually get a group pretty fast. I really don't run dungeons outside of the DD event on my cleric so this may also speed up my wait times.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »

You don't speak for me. "Everyone". Weasel word. I never use a premade group unless I'm over level for an end of area dungeon delve. For my daily skirmishes, etc, I join a queue. Sometimes I have to wait (no problem, plenty of things to do otherwise). Sometimes I get lucky. But I can assure you, myself and most of my (small) guildmates make conventional use of the queueing system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DPS classes and wizards have the longest queue time. You can't blame cryptic for player's choices. The situation will be the same in most games. Unless healers and tanks are completely OP, everyone wants to be the "hero" (= making kills) and doesn't want to support others.

My point is: if you want shorter queue time, just roll a support class. It's a VIP pass for most instances. My lvl 50 tanks have instant pop queues, and my lvl 60 cleric can get an offer for epics within 5-10 mins (except for epic dread vault, maybe). With my CW, queues take forever, because there are way too many CWs. I think 60% of the players play a rogue or a GWF, maybe 30% play a wizard, and the rest is healer and tanks. No secret here, your queue times is the consequence of your choices.
  • griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited August 2013
    I have noticed how bad the queues have been while playing my alt Cleric, especially trying to do dailies outside event times. Trying to do the Daily Skirmishes for Defend the Village and Battle for the Bridge skirmishes are taking ages just to try and fill up one skirmish, nevermind trying to do 3 of them for a daily completion. I'm not sure if it's because players hate these particular skirmishes, but the wait times are terrible. I can't even imagine how long dps are waiting if a healer has to wait for such a long time.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    exruina wrote: »
    Just found this thread, and am wondering if anyone can answer the guy's question. Was the dungeon queue system really intended to work this way or is it broken?

I just recently hit 60 and was looking forward to farming gear. Over the week I had so much trouble getting a group with the queuing system, it takes an hour or two maybe before one even starts regardless of the people in the group. Also tried staking out dungeon entrances but that ended utterly bad as well.

I've tried looking for an active guild that does dungeon runs, but sadly I haven't found any that were active, people seemed to be using the queuing system as well.

The queue system isn't broken it's just the T2 dungeons are extremely hard for unorganized play. Couple this with the unorthodox boss mechanics it has forced me to quit the game. 4 level 60's was about all I could stomach grinding up to cap.

In order for a good dungeon queue system to work the dungeons themselves need ot be reliably beaten by your average pug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    The queue system isn't broken it's just the T2 dungeons are extremely hard for unorganized play. Couple this with the unorthodox boss mechanics it has forced me to quit the game. 4 level 60's was about all I could stomach grinding up to cap.

In order for a good dungeon queue system to work the dungeons themselves need ot be reliably beaten by your average pug.

I actually like that the dungeons need a little organized play to complete, otherwise it would just be like running through solo content. very non-challenging.
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Welcome to lvl 60, where you stand and wait for hours.
    SIGNATURE