test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Housing and Guilds

mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It might be early or way to late to ask this but are you devs planning on putting player housing and Guild halls in the game at any time?
Post edited by mondoid on

Comments

• lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i second that!
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It can be pretty cool similar to the foundry. A player can buy (via gold) space for their home and decorate with their winning (boss drops, rare items, etc) of course the maintenance should be GOLD base.

A system similar to LoTRO would be nice (instanced home and guild hall) you can build your guild hall and have different amenities. Some can be bought via gold and some bought via AD, but upkeep/maintenance should be in gold.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Foundry tool to design our own house!!! Make it happen. GO!

Nah but seriously, Cryptic has the potential to create one of the most amazing Player Housing systems to ever grace a MMORPG! Imagine being able to design our own house using the Foundry tool!!! No limits whatsoever! Be creative and design your dream house!

Obviously Cryptic would have to set certain limitations where we can't place any mobs, no treasures, no nothing! Nothing that could be used to exploit the game and generate wealth! It would simply be an additional tool added to the Foundry to allow players to "roleplay" their own house! We could invite players into a group and they can come visit our house and RP or do whatever they want inside.

If I wanna build a castle, then so be it. Why restrict me from building a castle? It's just for fun anyways!

Cause if Cryptic doesn't wanna do this, then go ahead and waste even more time when you could be investing your time into something more productive to add more PVE and PVP content! Cause you could invest lots of time into the player housing system and restrict everything. Like you'll force us to pay a fee to keep it maintained. You could force us to only place certain decorations that we can buy through the Zen store or to win as random loot. You could force certain decorations like trophies or wall mounts to only be obtained by winning at PVE and PVP so all the show-offs can grow their 3p33nZ a little bigger.

But really, when you think about that, isn't that all a waste of time? Wouldn't player housing just be more fun if we had no restrictions, was made for RPers, was made for creative artists/architects, that it had no utility other than just having something nice to show off, like a vanity item?

Anyways, that's just my opinion. The tools are there, so why not just spend a week or two to tweak it around, give players the greatest player housing system in a MMORPG and be done with it?
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Actually I just remembered something. Aren't people already using the Foundry to create their own RP house? Last month I was searching for some Foundry's to do, and I saw some Foundry's called "My House" or "<Character name>'s Castle" and when I read the description, the person describbed it as their "RP housing for my guild. Not intended for any rewards" or something like that.

Since there was no rewards, I didn't even bother trying them out, but after today, I feel like trying them out later tonight to see if that's what they were made for!

Could players already be publishing Foundry's for the sole purpose of visiting their own "house" or "Guild Hall" ingame for their friends and guildmates??? If so, then there you have it! Why not tweak the Foundry tool so it can officially be used so players can design their own Guild Halls or personal player housing for friends?
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mondoid wrote: »
    It might be early or way to late to ask this but are you devs planning on putting player housing and Guild halls in the game at any time?

I think the Foundry could be used to create guild halls, player housing, etc.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only problem with making Guild halls in the foundry, is the limit of only being able to get 5 people in an instance.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Only problem with making Guild halls in the foundry, is the limit of only being able to get 5 people in an instance.

This. That is why I suggest using the foundry tool to help create it but make it an instance where you can invite more people. Arcbladez brought up a good point. This will be an instance where you CAN'T drop mobs, chest, etc. this is purely housing/RP. It would be pretty cool to create a nice RP area.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
This discussion has been closed.