test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We NEED / WANT Personal houses and Guild houses

holthar1stholthar1st Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
A way to use the Foundry to design, create, decorate, remodel our own personal in game houses (with 4 - 5 different house and land footprints) and guild houses and be able to place furnishings around and face them in what ever direction we wanted (kind of similar to LOTRO but no designated and restrictive hookpoints) and ambiance music for our houses. Of course in order to do this they would have to bring personal houses and guild houses in the game to us first.

I dont ever see them doing what I'm asking here to ever happen but here it is Lol

But if they were to do it...I'd never spend another second or penny on DDO, LOTRO, SWTOR. oh well...
Post edited by holthar1st on

Comments

• xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guild houses have been brought up many times, and the staff have commented on it, though I forget what they said. possibly future content but not something that is of highest priority. it would be amazing to have but as of right now game fixes are important, atleast until the big patch that should be coming out soon comes out, there wont really be anything new.

• platinumtemplarplatinumtemplar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't you just make all of this in the Foundry? Is there a requirement to make a "dungeon" in the Foundry? Why not just make a big mansion, for free, and add some lore like quest in there, which doesn't really give a reward or xp and there you go?

It's probably a bit of a workaround i know, but i'm sure you can get pretty close to what LOTRO had to offer. I mean all these housing in other MMOs tends to be instanced anyway (and foundry content is too) and generally it's quite difficult for people to find your place without you inviting them to your house (as in grouping up almost). So in a way , you can probably do more with the Foundry, invite a group of friends and play some scrabble...or slay a monster in the basement?

Only Star Wars Galaxies had "real" housing where you could wander around in 'n public zone and enter people's houses with merchants in it and all. All other housing is most likely a zillion times weaker than what you can do in the Foundry. Rift got a Foundry-like housing system, but it's not free and you are severely limited in space and content (and it costs a fortune), so the Foundry seems to me like the perfect way to do this ;-). Just the ability to actually add interaction in there makes a huuge difference!

Coming to think of it, this is exactly what i am going to do in the Foundry. ;-)
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just make it in foundry and subscribe to yourself so you can find it, you can make anything you want in there.
    21.jpg
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can even make it a 2 second quest,

-walk in the door
    - walk out the door
    - quest complete
    21.jpg
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    +1 I vote for this.

not expecting something wonderful like Aion or AoW, but at least we got a place that call house.
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can simply go play DP, they give house if you pay ^^ a reason why i stay here :D i like my gold *.*
  • holthar1stholthar1st Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just make it in foundry and subscribe to yourself so you can find it, you can make anything you want in there.

I'll look into this. But I dont think it would be a place that only I have access to or be able to store loot and such in chests. I dont mind people coming in and looking around but I wouldnt want them to have access (to be able to interact) to anything inside...no TR's allowed Lol
This discussion has been closed.