test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Superthread - Player Housing, Guild Housing and Guild House Raids

hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The first two have been loosely suggested before, I'm not so sure about the raids. The basic concept is that players and guilds can purchase housing instances (With gold or AD for players, AD or Zen for Guilds) and then guilds may competitively raid another guild's instance. I'm considering doing mock UI screenshots to make this look more serious and thought-out, and so that my ideas come across clearer.

Editing
The immediately obvious solution for editing is the Foundry editor. Underneath the "New Quest" buttons, there will be a "Create Housing" button, which will open a popup containing "Player Housing" and "Guild Housing" buttons. Editing the housing is just a Foundry editor less the "Items", "Quests" and "Story" tabs.

Player Housing;
  • Will have a maximum of three maps, with a maximum of one small external
  • Can have an entrance either on the world map or in a zone map
  • Will have a maximum of ten, non-hostile NPCs per map
While Guild Housing;
  • Will have a maximum of eight maps; seven internal and one medium external
  • Will have a minimum of two maps; an internal and a medium external
  • Can have an entrance located either on the world map or in a zone map (Not including the Enclave)
  • Must have at least one map linking to a pre-defined "treasure room" - the end point for the raid mode

Guild Housing is edited in two modes; "Standard" and "Raid". The housing map is shared between the two modes, but the NPCs are not. Standard mode only allows placing of non-hostile NPCs and represents the normal map that your guildies (And guests) will see. Raid mode allows you to place hostile NPCs to defend your guild's treasure room.

Once you've completed editing, you can save your housing instance. At this point, it has not been purchased and is not publicly listed. In order to make your housing available, you must click the saved instance and then click "Publish As...". This will bring up a list showing you which of your characters can purchase the associated housing type (Determined by available currency and guild ownership, where applicable). When publishing Guild Housing, you will be asked if you wish to publish it as a Guild Housing Raid.

Guild Housing Raids
This is where things get really interesting; GHRs are effectively competitive PvE. When you complete a GHR, a score is calculated and added to the guild's total GHR score. The scoring system should consider the following;
  • The amount of hostile entities (NPCs and traps)
  • The proximity/disparity of hostile entities - Lots of ogres close together on a single map? NO POINTS FOR YOU!
  • The accessibility of the treasure room
  • The net "K.O" time of all group members - If you die (Whether or not you release), then your K.O time is based on how long it takes for combat with that enemy to end. If your group wipes, then the timer keeps running until you've all released and defeated that enemy.
  • The time it takes you to complete the GHR
  • The size of the GHR (Map count, weighted with each maps' size)

Guild Housing
I'm too sleepy to organize these ideas into a set of paragraphs, so here's another list! :p
  • Can purchase a separate bank room, which has both a guild bank and personal bank
  • Guilds can purchase training rooms which have immortal dummy targets
  • Has a noticeboard where anyone with permission can post various types of notices (LFG, LFR, Guild Event, Misc). Permissions set by Guild leader, possibly on a per-noticeboard basis?
  • Guilds can purchase their own dye packs! The Guild leader must buy and customize them in the editor interface with AD or Zen. They can then set a purchase cost for the dyes where the cost is given to the guild.

So... Thoughts? I need coffee ._.'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
Post edited by hipolipolopigus on

Comments

• Options
    pedjanikpedjanik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is needed, infact this is only thing besides free world that this game is missing
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, the lack of player housing or guild halls in a purely instanced world seems a bit baffling.
  • Options
    jsthomas86jsthomas86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll second this as well.
  • Options
    ainilome1ainilome1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lots of people are already building housing with the Foundry, even with the sad 5 person party limit. Opening up smaller, non combat maps to larger groups of people would absolutely make this game for a lot of us housing addicts.
    ainisig.png
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    WebsiteRecruitmentVideo
    Administrator of Neverwinter Roleplayers Fansite. Join us!
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to see that there's a bit of support for this :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    stringsestringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see housing!
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My default assumption (at least at the guild level) has been that they would leverage the work they did on STO's Fleet Holdings system.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    ritaturitatu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I like this idea, but i would say lets make it that guild members gain some kind of pt system that can be then used to purchase items or plot sizes or what have you. Like CoH use to do. That way you do not have to spend cash on it or even be able to use a guild back of gold for purchases or astral diamonds.
  • Options
    crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't get this. Do I as a free player get to have a free house? If so, will I get to furnish my free house? What if I don't want to be in a guild? What do I get then?

I just joined this game and idk if there is crafting or not but I have this to say and you better **** well listen. Aion failed as a game because they sold better quality furniture at npc's for cheap than what we could craft for lots of time and money. Don't make the same mistake.

I am pro housing with no attachments other than crafting. Running into free stuff in the world for you home like in EQ would be fine so long as it doesn't take up a slot that I could be picking up something else more important to me like better armor or weapons. I AM NOT PRO GUILD ATTACHMENTS. Not all of us have the high tolerance to get all up close and snuggly with other folks.
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love this idea.
  • Options
    onikurroonikurro Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That would give Guilds something to work for, kinda like STO.
This discussion has been closed.