test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

housing

panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
any word on this yet?
Post edited by panthro8 on

Comments

• wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is... is this even a possible 'thing'??? Boggle - I LOVE housing! (look more ways for me to spend vast quantities of money that I shouldn't really afford.... (who needs a down payment for a mortgage on a 'real' home... I can just keep renting, and havea VIRTUAL home!!!!) :-P

Kidding aside, I'd be really happy about this - but, is there any 'word' on this even being considered? or is it just a question like if I were to ask, 'any word on space ships in game?' (meaning, that's not likely to happen, but fun to ask about.)

(I'd love a link to any rumors about housing being a possible thing in NW. That'd be super cool.)
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azrowariaazrowaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 62
    edited March 2013
    There has been NO indication that housing will be added to this game
  • iazooiazoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wesgar wrote: »
    Is... is this even a possible 'thing'??? Boggle - I LOVE housing! (look more ways for me to spend vast quantities of money that I shouldn't really afford.... (who needs a down payment for a mortgage on a 'real' home... I can just keep renting, and havea VIRTUAL home!!!!) :-P

Kidding aside, I'd be really happy about this - but, is there any 'word' on this even being considered? or is it just a question like if I were to ask, 'any word on space ships in game?' (meaning, that's not likely to happen, but fun to ask about.)

(I'd love a link to any rumors about housing being a possible thing in NW. That'd be super cool.)

I imagine it would possible to implement this feature via the Foundry.
  • panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2013
    would be cool to have wiz towers castles etc.
  • warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    azrowaria wrote: »
    There has been NO indication that housing will be added to this game

This is true... but here's to hoping. It's a great RP element. In what great DnD game have adventurer's not set up a keep with which to house their spoils?

Anyways, I plan to make my own in the Foundry. I've got some pretty spiffy ideas for it. It won't be quite like having a real player house, but I've got some things in mind to make it a great place to be with the tools at my disposal.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There was an ask cryptic thread for Star Trek Online asking for customizable ship interiors and the answer was waiting on tech from Neverwinter's Foundry. So if it is possible to create a ship interior using a modified version of the Foundry, then housing should be possible. Creating a house through the Foundry is already possible. The problem is functionality.
  • captainjahnicaptainjahni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    we have a great big city, they could just open up whole neighbourhoods for player housing!
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am sure there will be some sort of housing even if its just prefab like CO and STO
    the reason being its a good seller. I am sure they are just working on the tech for it
    everything they release in beta people are going to expect free when Live hits im sure
    so they are probibly waiting for live so they can release it as premium after free stuff is
    working properly. MMOs tend to deprioritize quality of living items which is why there is
    such a limited supply of outfits as well. both armour and fashion.

In the mean time i did see some people who used foundry to make guildhalls and taverns.
    and we always have moonstone mask and all the other taverns for BARp. so all in all i have
    high hopes for housing. at some point
  • lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Personally I'd rather see guild halls rather than personal housing. I'd also love to see some guild wars implemented too.
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Personally I'd rather see guild halls rather than personal housing.

sure, but if you can do one, why not both? right?
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.