test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you make a guild house with dungeon maker?

jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Can you make a guild house with dungeon maker? instand making only dungeon can you make a guild house out of it lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Not at this time.
    Guild Hall support may be added in the future though it may not be through The Foundry.

In any case we're talking months to years after launch, nothing in the near future. Merely relaying it is an idea the Devs are considering and know is highly desired but are not working on at this time.
  • darkgeardesignsdarkgeardesigns Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited March 2013
    Passive environments would be nice. Build a home, a tavern for your RP group to gather in. There really are endless possibilities.

But I'd rather the core content be perfected first :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Technically you "can" but it would be "restricted" to a party size, teamed up to be in there at the same time.
    It could work for guild leadership, for "private" meetings, but really, that's it.
  • deadarmoured87deadarmoured87 Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    It'd be really cool to create a foundry quest, which could act as a trial for entry into the guild hall (which would be persistant).

A gauntlet full of traps, puzzles and difficult monsters, that must be overcome in order to become a fully-fledged member (access to guild vendors, tabard, bank).

Could make different themes with the kit like: creepy crypt, cozy tavern, royal chamber, sleezy sewer etc
  • cwiyk13cwiyk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It'd be really cool to create a foundry quest, which could act as a trial for entry into the guild hall (which would be persistant).

A gauntlet full of traps, puzzles and difficult monsters, that must be overcome in order to become a fully-fledged member (access to guild vendors, tabard, bank).

Could make different themes with the kit like: creepy crypt, cozy tavern, royal chamber, sleezy sewer etc

Oh... that would be fun. Designing a Foundry quest(or campaign!) to test guild initiates like the ter'angreal used to test Aes Sedai in the Wheel of Time series.
    Krae Vull - Devoted Cleric
  • umbravenatorumbravenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually this has my brain working...

Maybe a guilds leader could make a dungeon including festive rooms and halls, and of course a small room to test your battle :)

But then upon exit - you could tip your guild leader (who created the UGC dungeon) some Astral Diamonds to then be used for more guild bank space...

Brilliant!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    Technically you "can" but it would be "restricted" to a party size, teamed up to be in there at the same time. It could work for guild leadership, for "private" meetings, but really, that's it.

Yeah exactly.

Our guild is struggling with a way to actually use the limitation and make it part of the "story" of the HQ. We're thinking of calling it the "vault" and there are five doors only, all of which require a tumbler or something to be set and once activated requires another setting from the inside to get out. So it's set to only allow five in at a time. We could then "leaf" these vaults out and use a communication / augury device to allow us to communicate from one vault to another (ie. using guild chat). Well, that's not the greatest explanation, but we're working on it!

UNFORTUNATELY, there is probably a Guild House system coming and my guess is it will be the boiler plate guild scheme games love to throw at gamers to make them relentlessly slave away. In other words, it will be a stock, crummy HQ, that you can build and enhance as you power-level through the game in mass number. It will probably come up with YET ANOTHER currency (guild bucks or whatever they choose to call it), which you earn doing things, some as individuals, some as a guild.

Of course, "unique" boiler plate guild maps will be available for Zen. And all kinds of decorations for it too, like a stuffed dragon head on your guild wall, only 10 bucks! :)

I hope that the system does not:

1. Overtly reward large guilds over medium and small guilds. Really large guilds suck to play in for many of us, but seem consistently to be over-rewarded for their large numbers.

2. Overtly reward PVP and repetitive raiding. In other words, a lot of the "guild bucks" are built with PVP or dull, repetitive raiding.

Those two concerns would demonstrate to me the guild housing system would be boiler plate, boring and not really worth spending my time on.

However, if they did the following...

1. Tie "guild bucks" to Foundry success, in other words, as your Foundry content is played and liked (particularly by your own guild members), you gain more for your guild house.

2. Tie "guild bucks" to things you can actually do in the guild house. Like defend it from an invasion of mobs, for example.

3. Let us connect or gate to our guild house from within a Foundry map, so at least we can craft tunnels/caves that lead to our secret lair.

4. Give us some foundry-like flexibility on the design. If its just stock bases, that grow a little as you advance (or you get lame things you can put in the corner and pretend they are cool), then forget it.

5. Similarly all guild houses should have fast convenient links to that guild's foundry content. To me, that's obvious and I'd really lament if it was not there.

The best guild HQ system I can think of was in City of Heroes. The worst I can think of, was in Champions. If its more like Champions and less like City of Heroes, then yuck, yeah, it will totally suck.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cwiyk13 wrote: »
    Oh... that would be fun. Designing a Foundry quest(or campaign!) to test guild initiates like the ter'angreal used to test Aes Sedai in the Wheel of Time series.

Yeah, a lot of us have this same idea. We're working on ours already.

It's too bad, you can't bequeath unique non-combat, non-stat items in the Foundry. Because that would be perfect. You could "prove" you passed the initiation by displaying the item to the guild leaders.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This was brought to attention of devs (CMP) way back. Their latest stand on the issue is that this is a feature which they would like to have and is in their wishlist along with ability to make persistant worlds and collaboration.
  • uggsmashuggsmash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    Couldn't you just make a small house in NW the "guild house". If you enter it, you are taken to your guilds "instance". Doesn't need to be flash, could even put the guild chest (bank) in there. I don't know much about game design obviously, but the game has instances and it has taverns, it seems simple enough.
This discussion has been closed.