test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Signature & Avatar Thread

Comments

• sturmsohnsturmsohn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay, here's a question. I've looked, but I don't see an option in the User CP to upload a new avatar. Is there a post count restriction or something?
  • zajimarnzajimarn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello everyone!
    Thanks for your job, I hope to share a drink with you in the Moonstone Mask. My treat, of course!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here's mine!
  • calgar78calgar78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    test test test
  • ookamikeikoookamikeiko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    == Avatar Test ==
  • juliaqtjuliaqt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • lukeminherexxlukeminherexx Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "You got your rules and your religion, that's designed to keep you safe, but when rules start getting broken you start questioning your faith"
    Paragon Vanguard
    Luke Minhere
    Hughe of The Purple Robes
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited March 2014
    My Signature won't show. It shows on preview...What's wrong?

Edit: never mind..it shows now..guess it takes a while :D
  • emptyfeetemptyfeet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am not sure how long I would have to wait to add a signature, but I am assuming that it has to do with a post count?
  • thescythescy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just want to test mine out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stanedelordestanedelorde Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014

• bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Ok, so I am unsure, I just joined these forums a couple days ago: is there a way to choose or upload avatars in any capacity? Currently this dragon is the only one I can figure out how to access. I also don't know how you put in a signature. The profile seems very limited.

EDIT: Never mind. It was just a probationary restriction since I was new to the forums. It works fine now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Testing

/10char
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    8 of my 9 chars... I need to update but waiting for the warlock.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just Testing this avi

here siggy....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Where is my siggy.....There you are....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Testing!

/10char
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • danatiel886danatiel886 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't have a signature or avatar options available yet, maybe after this post I will.

Edit: Nope, still nothing. Do you know what conditions have to be met in order to be able to choose avatar and signature?
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I don't have a signature or avatar options available yet, maybe after this post I will.

Edit: Nope, still nothing. Do you know what conditions have to be met in order to be able to choose avatar and signature?
    Upon an accounts first visit to our forums here, the account is placed on probation. During that time, which lasts about a week, many forum function will be limited. This includes making new threads, avatars, and signatures. If you still cannot do these things after a week's time, please contact Support. Please note, this probation period does not start upon account creation but upon first visit to the forums.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • danatiel886danatiel886 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, thanks. I've actually just recreated an account, so I am not 'new' here per se, but I understand.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!
  • ferrolhoferrolho Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just testing.
  • ferrolhoferrolho Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Testing again...it's working
  • beastlymanabeastlymana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Testing the siggy...

Okay, seems to be working now. Had to shrink it to keep this forum from destroying the transparency when I uploaded it. Shame I can't keep it 500 x 250, but it will do I guess. Would love to be able to use the "gif" format so I can put my other characters in the same signature, but I will just stick with my "main" character for now.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Testing the siggy...

Okay, seems to be working now. Had to shrink it to keep this forum from destroying the transparency when I uploaded it. Shame I can't keep it 500 x 250, but it will do I guess. Would love to be able to use the "gif" format so I can put my other characters in the same signature, but I will just stick with my "main" character for now.
    Looking good! Do re-read the first post in this thread, as the maximum allowed size for the entire signature (images and text) is 500px wide, by 250px high. Your image here is 450x225, so you can still make it a little bigger if you don't add any actual forum text to the signature field. A single line of text takes up about 12-15px in height when using the default text for the forum. For example, my signature image is 500x150 and both lines of text below adds on 30px to the height, making it 500x180 in total.

You may also use .gif format, just as long as it is not an animated GIF. I'm guessing thought that's why you want to use .gif format, to show your others in a slideshow. Alas, we cannot allow animated images.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    ...maximum allowed size for the entire signature (images and text) is 500px high, by 250px wide.

...and by that you mean 500px WIDE by 250px HIGH. :p
    edited February 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    ...and by that you mean 500px WIDE by 250px HIGH. :p
    Doh, I didn't catch that. Sorry! Yeah, my weird dyslexia-like swapping of things in my head strikes again!
  • beastlymanabeastlymana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ah, that's what got me. I misunderstood and thought the maximum dimensions were just for the image alone, thanks for clearing that up for me, I was getting frustrated when the forum kept removing the transparency on it and wasn't sure why it was doing that. I guess I will leave it that size in case I do want to add a little text to it later.
    edited February 2015
    Ah, that's what got me. I misunderstood and thought the maximum dimensions were just for the image alone, thanks for clearing that up for me, I was getting frustrated when the forum kept removing the transparency on it and wasn't sure why it was doing that. I guess I will leave it that size in case I do want to add a little text to it later.
    Most welcome. You may also use .PNG for better quality and transparency. However, .PNGs tend to be higher in file size, which our limit in that regard is 200kb. I see you're already using .PNG though and it is under the limit, at 176kb. So your sig is good as it is. Looks nice too!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I think I have my signature how I want it now. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Frozen FireFrozen Fire Member Posts: 11
    So... have I re-sized right?
    rU0ZMwy.png