test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Different ways to Grief other players Unintentionally

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2011 in General Discussion (PC)
This is a thread with MY opinions on the different ways to grief other players while not being intentional.
  • Friendly Fire
  • Disarm
  • Pick Pockets

There is another whole post on friendly fire. So I won't go into details. Needless to say. If this mechanic is in the game people WILL USE IT to grief other players. There are people whose sole enjoyment comes from ruining other peoples playing time.

Disarm. While this is an awesome ability and I agree with it 100% people will complain the first time they lose their favorite weapon that they searched long and hard for and a little ole rogue comes by disarms them and takes their weapon to go sell for a nice little profit.

This feature was in NWN1 and I loved it but you can see the disasters waiting to happen.

Pick Pockets. This feature MUST be in the game. It is a staple of the rogue class. The best way to do this is to have it only work against NPC's. Or if it is able to be used against Players make sure if it fails you do not get the item like they did in NWN. If you failed you still got an item but they attacked you. That is bad.

There are probably other ways but these come to me right now as I write this. If you can think of others feel free to add it and ways we can counter it so that it won;t be an actual problem before the game gets to alunch.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    Personally I do not want friendly fire and those other powers should be NPC only.