test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this game really coming out or you guys pulling my leg

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2011 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously i seen alot about how atari sold cryptic neverwinter wasnt at e3 but the foundry was.... is this game coming out for real or what heh...
im not concerned too much if it is im sure it will be great!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Ok, you you found us out. It was all just an eleaborate and expensive gag to fool you and you alone! Remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ricksha wrote:
    Is this game really coming out or you guys pulling my leg

Nah, they just sent a newsletter to just about every subscriber to a Cryptic/Atari game to come check out the new NW site as an April's fools joke, only two months late :rolleyes:

PS: What will happen from now, till the time the game is actually scheduled for release is yet to be seen (we aren't there yet), but I think that opening up a game site/forum and sending a mass mail for people to come check it out means that they're at least serious about attempting to see this through. What will happen precisely is something we'll just have to wait and see to find out.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well they clearly aren't going to make this push for something they've decided to can.

But they aren't commenting on the impact of the purchase. Clearly they've negotiated keeping the rights to ship a D&D product even though Perfect World is not Atari. Looks like Perfect World gets to act as developer and Atari the publisher in this case.

So either they've just not got the marketing message written and ready to deploy or they aren't sure about things.

I half think this website and the publicity is testing the waters. Checking the interest for NWO. But that's just a guess.

It is interesting to see them pushing the Foundry. That makes me think they are understanding the legacy of Neverwinter. Even if they don't allow PWs (which is clearly my thing), they may capture enough of the NW spirit to make it a worthy successor. Which is something that Hasbro and Atari could very much use at this point.

- Bar
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's a complicated matter, end of story. You'll know when they want you to know...
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    barfubaz wrote: »
    It is interesting to see them pushing the Foundry. That makes me think they are understanding the legacy of Neverwinter. Even if they don't allow PWs (which is clearly my thing), they may capture enough of the NW spirit to make it a worthy successor. Which is something that Hasbro and Atari could very much use at this point.

Well, as I understand it, Foundry was originally decided with Neverwinter in mind (though with the idea that it could spread across all games on the Cryptic engine). So it makes sense that they are pushing it.