test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How can you tell

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2011 in General Discussion (PC)
How can you tell an MMO'er?

A group of my family and friends were playing 2 ED D&D PnP. The DM Had us in Waterdeep. One day while we were figuring out what to do on this nice fall afternoon in Waterdeep, when Our fighter, decides to go to the Graveyard. Ok figuring it had something to do with His background we all followed him.

After two hours of wandering around the top side of the graveyard attacking random undead. We finally decided to ask what the hell are we here for?

His answer. Nuthin, just grindin :p
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    That's great!

So is this for real or just a joke?

Mind you it is a good joke.
    edited June 2011
    tlantl wrote: »
    That's great!

So is this for real or just a joke?

Mind you it is a good joke.

:D No it actually happened!
    edited June 2011
    Awesome! :D
    edited June 2011
    I would have slapped him for that...well, not really I would have probably started to laugh :D
    edited June 2011
    Saevitia wrote:
    :D No it actually happened!

lol... at this point the DM should hopped into it with - you see an object pulsating light and emitting a low volume thrumming sound over by...
    edited June 2011
    What I miss in MMOs are the DM element that provide consequences for your actions. One time during a PnP session many moons ago our party rode into town looking for adventure. Sitting in the inn we here a fanfare and bunch of commotion out in the street. We spill out to see what's going on and it's the lord of the land and his entourage passing through. So the rogue in our party believes this to be a target of opportunity beyond belief and announces he intends to pickpocket said lord.

Keep in mind, we're all level 6 or 7 at this point. So our DM <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> an eyebrow and shoots him a "You're not serious" look. He says he is. The DM replies, 'You do realize this lord is "signifigantly" more experienced and powerful than you, don't you? You do realize that to attempt such and act against him would be the very height of foolishness and stupidity, yes?' The rogue replies that he feels "lucky" and wishes to proceed. So of course he fails miserably and our DM comes up with a rather amusing punishment for this. The lord, whilst incensed, also felt inclined toward mercy that day so he had his wizard "bell" the rogue so to speak. So that anytime the rogue decided to commit a roguish act such as sneaking about, pickpocketing people , etc. a very large, very loud magical bell would come into existence and clang very loudly over his head untill the rogue ceased his nefarious intentions.

Our GM had great fun with this for an hour or so untill our rogue asked how long he was to endure this punishment. And very innocently he replied - as if surprised by the question itself - 'I forgot to mention that? Oh, it's permanent.' Much bickering and arguing ensued and the end result was we acquired a new, and somewhat wiser rogue as an addition to our party.
    edited June 2011
    It's even more fun if the Rogue actually succeeds in stealing from the high lvl lord. :D
    edited June 2011
    Could have been worse I guess he could have tried to find some high level NPC like Elminster and begged him to power level him.. OR suggested you all go to Myth Drannor because he wants some epic Loots!!! :D
    edited June 2011
    Reminds me of the time our thief spent way to much RL time examining a "gazebo".

After 2 hours RL time our illusionist got fed up and made the gazebo come to life in his mind, beating the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of him.

(The thief rolled a 3 back to back 1's on his saving throw's over the course of the combat.)

For the rest of the thief's career, every time he saw a gazebo he ran in utter stark terror screaming:

"RUN! It's a Gazebo!"

...Fun times:D