test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pardon our dust - Preview updating more frequently, but potentially less stably

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Hey there folks!

As most of Cryptic Studios is working from home for the time being, we'll be utilizing NeverwinterPreview as a development test shard in addition to a public test shard. As a result, you may see a few more disruptions than usual when checking things out.

For instance, the server time may occasionally jump around--and quests completed during these time travel periods may become stuck.

Please pardon our dust while we adapt how we work on Neverwinter.

Comments

• bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Is that issue on all Platforms, or PC only?
  • growgareo#9814 growgareo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi Neverwinter team, thank you all for working so hard even during this pandemic and working to keep things running smoothly. Sadly i am having some issues with lag and disconnection and am not able to connect to the login server at all. I am sure you all are working hard with the limited resources as most offices are not operating and are working from home. Hope you all stay safe so that we can continue our adventure forward in NW. Hope the game comes back to its normal state soon. Thank you for your support and all the hard work you all have put in this game. little bit of lag doesn't hurt anyone.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Take care and thanks for your work !
  • wimin#9302 wimin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Make sure to extend the event for 2 days, since there's been a lot of updates going on and crashes
    Wimin, the legendary archmage of thaumaturgy. //Level 80 wizard (main) // // Level 80 Fighter (second) //

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Why would the event be extended, this only affects preview(mimic) server? The live server has not had an update in 2 weeks.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Correct--This only affects NeverwinterPreview. We are not doing high-risk testing on live servers.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    Hi @terramak

Just a little question about the current situation with COVID-19:
    This situation has some risks to impact your dev team if you don't have access to all your servers, tools...
    Will it risk to impact mod 19 release date?

Take care,
    Brewald
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • unuldurunuldur Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Hellow. When will be possible to connect int game again?
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    terramak said:

Please pardon our dust while we adapt how we work on Neverwinter.

Stay healthy, stay safe. Thats apply for you and whole cryptic studios. (COVID-19) is not thing you can mess arround.. All measures against it are welcome..

As for community,, guys/girls, remember that staff are same peoples as everyone arround globe. (COVID-19) is dangerious thing..

Staff starts working remotely. This thing is not new in industry.. However it need get used and also need decent preperations.

So community should be patient.

Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    What about patch notes for previews?
    I would suspect that unless it is something that will be going to live within the week we wont see any patch notes. As it will be what they would be normally putting onto their internal playtest shard/development shard. Now once it is ready for live then we will probably see patch notes.
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Question borne of ignorance (i.e. lack of knowledge, not stupidity): What about the Owlbear server? I thought it was for pre-test before going to Preview (Mimic). Can anyone explain?

Thanks for ongoing development efforts despite the current situation.
    They, as far as I know, have an internal shard that they would normally use for developmental stuff that has no client facing. Owlbear is used for beta testing and when the next mod is on preview(mimic) for patches that are going to go live that week. Mimic is the normal test server for us to find issues with the builds. Now when the game launched they had more live servers than the current one(dragon). Russia has its own servers for both live and normal preview too.
  • grzelo#2653 grzelo Member Posts: 1 New User
    when it will be possible to play on the PC because from Thursday I can't get on neverwinter, I get a problem with cryptic crash processing complete
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Thanks Neverwinter team.

Keep healthy and safe!
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • hades#2194 hades Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    terramak said:

Correct--This only affects NeverwinterPreview. We are not doing high-risk testing on live servers.

Take care stay safe and thank you for your work , PS: neverwinter live is very laggy ,maybe tests effect it too somehow