test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

travel post on consoles

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
the travel post is getting very unwieldy on console. menus and submenus.. something needs to be done. it's ridiculous. it would be nice to have a custom menu and a standard menu maybe. where you could pick what you wanted to show up in a menu for all characters or your mains or each one. or if there could be a most used sorting system where it ranks what you use most often. right now it's getting to the point of being nearly unusable. I really dislike the menu in a menu too. especially now that we have all these things that sound similar but are different. campaigns that have one name but the actual area is something else. it's confusing and messy.

Comments

• Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    I think it's easier than PC. :)
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I open my inventory, LB over to the VIP page and press X. No menu needed.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

I think we must be talking about different things. when you open travel post you have a long list of places to go. that's a menu. if you want to go to stardock you have to remember you want yawning portal. click on that and go to stardock. that's a submenu. there are various examples of this in the first menu.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

I think we must be talking about different things. when you open travel post you have a long list of places to go. that's a menu. if you want to go to stardock you have to remember you want yawning portal. click on that and go to stardock. that's a submenu. there are various examples of this in the first menu.
    Oh! Ok. I thought you were talking about the Sign Post, not the Overmap itself. Yeah. I agree, something should be done with that.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    It's definitely cumbersome and getting worse with each new mod.

The UX is kinda horrendous for traveling. Not only do you have the menus, submenus but why is Stardock sometimes it's own top level item with most other areas and sometimes only visible if i click into the Yawning Portal submenu. Toss in the line item for Uprising map and sometimes I end up clicking Uprising before noticing I could have just hit Stardock from the 2nd menu instead of dropping into the 3rd menu.

If that was hard to follow, try playing it. ;)
  • Options

It's definitely cumbersome and getting worse with each new mod.

The UX is kinda horrendous for traveling. Not only do you have the menus, submenus but why is Stardock sometimes it's own top level item with most other areas and sometimes only visible if i click into the Yawning Portal submenu. Toss in the line item for Uprising map and sometimes I end up clicking Uprising before noticing I could have just hit Stardock from the 2nd menu instead of dropping into the 3rd menu.

If that was hard to follow, try playing it. ;)

that is precisely what made me write this post.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    One simple solution would be to just allow each character to highlight locations that automatically sit at the top, the same way that you can with the Character Selection screen. Pull the ones you need to the top, and toggle them off when done.

I'm not bothered by one tier of sub menu, as long as it's fairly intuitive, but the Stardock one is no more complex than the SKT additions to the Icewind Dale map so stick them on the Yawning Portal sub menu.
    No doubt the argument against that is that the information gathering quests are duplicates of existing zones so it would be confusing to have them on the same map...

Solution - Just have all the quests and expeditions run through the Map in Stardock. 9 out of 10 times you are going to be standing right next to it at the time you get given the task and want to do it So just stick Stardock in the YP sub menu as a level of Undermountain, and run the quests/expeditions via the map.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Solution - Just have all the quests and expeditions run through the Map in Stardock. 9 out of 10 times you are going to be standing right next to it at the time you get given the task and want to do it So just stick Stardock in the YP sub menu as a level of Undermountain, and run the quests/expeditions via the map.

Yeaaaaaaaa....that's a bandaid not a solution.

Example, I'm running 8 toons through the campaign. On any given day I may be stacking the recon quests to run them later, or the WE/FE to run later. In these scenarios, I would want to be able to travel to them from any location, as it works right now, not be forced to load into a specific zone to access them a la YP and normal ME's.

9 times out of 10, I am nowhere near Stardock when I 'm running the quests.