test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

knoxes recruitment/levelling queues.

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
I've leveled like 20 toons (at least I think more) over the three consoles. I can't bare to look another levelling campaign in the face. so i do it via levelling ques historically. it's not possible anymore. I've been sitting here for too long waiting for one to pop. I'm an old timer. I know what's going on.. but if you're trying for actual new comers here this won't fly. they are gonna be like hmmm gonna play something else.

can we pretty please have our tomes of experience back for praying. or maybe you can give us a few tomes of experience that can be passed around, every morning with vip :)

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I waited last night for over an hour two different times for levelling queues and just gave up. They said they did it to make healers/tanks more vital but I have to wonder if it was really to sell more upgrades in the Zen shop. IDK. I don't like being negative about these guys but sometimes you have to wonder what the heck they are thinking.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    B..b..but, they made the queue changes to help us. How could it go wrong?

Ace work as usual devs.
  • currentdragoon#9312 currentdragoon Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Also there are a lot fewer players playing NW. That doesn't help the queue times as well. Started a new Gith barbarian last nite and the avg. wait time in the random leveling queues was between 15 to 18 minutes. Absolutely brutal!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Also there are a lot fewer players playing NW. That doesn't help the queue times as well. Started a new Gith barbarian last nite and the avg. wait time in the random leveling queues was between 15 to 18 minutes. Absolutely brutal!

you did a lot better than me. i found 2 last night after about 45 minutes each. this seriously is a death knell for new players coming in. they did a lot of things i thought with the express aim of helping newbies out. something has failed.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

you did a lot better than me. i found 2 last night after about 45 minutes each. this seriously is a death knell for new players coming in. they did a lot of things i thought with the express aim of helping newbies out. something has failed.
    This is what they don't understand. You can't complete certain campaigns without running dungeons and for new players, dungeons is one of the only ways to get AD. If they are so keen on getting new players having them hit these walls right out of the gate is just inexcusable.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    It seems like someone decided that failure cannot be an option on low level content.

So for the small number of cases where people were failing certain queues, (Illusionists Gambit and Manycoins being the most frequently remarked upon, with MPF seemingly making up the rest) they made Tanks and Healers necessary for all Skirmishes.

Since none of those apply to Levelling Queues, God knows why they imposed it across the board. I don't think there are many cases of Dread Legion or Master of The Hunt proving to be too difficult.

I don't even think it's necessary on Intermediate. Even in low IL RIQ groups with MPF that my crappy Barbarian has dropped into, we managed to complete the content, even with people who don't get that the Tank isn't drawing the T Rex into a corner so that the DPS have to chase it. It;s often been the case that I;ve ended up in Silver or even Bronze, but even with the most stubbornly useless players, I've never seen it fail completely. I don't know how many people consider "Not Gold" as failing a skirmish... but Cryptic have the stats, and have decided it's "Too Many".

It's also worth pointing out that unless the new addition of Tank and Healer to something like MPF, forces a minimum 20K adept into the group, the type of groups I'm talking about would STILL struggle because they would not only lose 40% of their DPS, they don't let the Tank do it's job, and will be running around like headless chickens making the Healers job twice as hard. This also applies in Manycoins, as a Healer would need to be in 3 places at once for most of the run to have a major impact on those types of PUGs.

I waited over half an hour for a Random Intermediate on my Warlock the other day. Had to give up after that as I have multiple toons and needed to cycle through invokes. Those quick "drop in, run a queue, get my daily rAD, move on with something else" days seem to be over. Or at least gone for now, as I imagine that in a few months they will change it again. When they do, I'll probably go back to the RQ system with more regularity.
    And THAT is another problem. Making the queues less accessible means fewer people will bother to queue which will make them even MORE inaccessible which will lead to fewer people... and so on...

It's a poor change to a system that has never managed to get it quite right, and whose original number one purpose was supposed to be to make queues fire faster for everyone.

Back to the drawing board.
    Again.