test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old: The Dread Vault - Extension and upcoming changes

Comments

• hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User

It's gonna be fuuuuun when this comes to consoles, I really hope it's not is still broken by then, but I've learnt to keep my expectations low in this game...

We'll be helping you hope that the console experience of Tales of Old: The Dread Vault is in all ways superior to the one on PC. Unfortunately that is not as high a bar as I would have liked. But hey, if they communicate any kind of responsibility for the state of that content on console, you are already ahead of us.

• mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    So Devs, how are we looking at an update, possible compensation, redo of the event, any kind of information or newsletter?
  • mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Personal example of scaling not working. If you have the stats needed for LoMM, I.e. 69K. Queue for CN and waive goodbye to you stack caps... Scaling bumps you down to lower than the stack caps needed for that dungeon. Also had an instance where a level 61 quest, takes you to a level 70 zone. Okay? Not really an issue as I already had stat caps at that point for lvl 80 content via my pet. But because of scaling, I did next to no damage in that zone... like nothing... I literally came back at lvl 70, still having the same stats and killed the same mobs with ease...
    Maybe the advent of bringing the new Tales to preview for testing, makes for a good time to compose an evaluating reply concerning the shambles that was The Dread Vault on PC??
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    hrakh said:

Maybe the advent of bringing the new Tales to preview for testing, makes for a good time to compose an evaluating reply concerning the shambles that was The Dread Vault on PC??

They did reply... In the stream.
    FrozenFire
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User

hrakh said:

Care to enlighten those of us who missed the stream? Last time I checked the VOD seems to get erased for some "unknown" reason shortly after the stream.

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @frozenfirevr I don't believe anymore what they said in streams, remember watcher set ?
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited October 2019

hrakh said:

Care to enlighten those of us who missed the stream? Last time I checked the VOD seems to get erased for some "unknown" reason shortly after the stream.

Again, it's right there :neutral:

FrozenFire
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

hrakh said:

Thank you. I'm not able to watch the streams 'cause of calendar, so I was looking for an answer on te forum that I didn't see.
    But thanks for the VOD.
    edited October 2019

hrakh said:

Now why didn't you link that to begin with instead of being condescending and smug?

@nitocris83 is this how moderators are supposed to treat the community? We are angry for a reason. This type of flippant, condescending remark in a thread that is full of angry people is not helpful.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    The fact is, by their own admission, they released the last ToO that was so messed up, even their own internal team/players could not complete it, yet they released it anyway. As far as they are concerned, the last one was WAI. I see no reason why they will apologize for something they deemed WAI. I also see no reason why the next ToO will be any different.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    While I still am still of the opinion that communicating to/with the community on these forums is part of the community management job, and that keeping a reply to a major issue limited to a stream that is a lot less accessible to that same community, is simply not professional. I am still happy that the failure was addressed at least in part. Sure, there was a lot of the hemming and hawing that comes with corporate liability management, but it still provides a welcome break from the normal ostrich policy towards problems. I would still love an actual written statement, but I guess that expecting communication people to be able to write such a thing is just too naive :) I fear I am showing my age, we are after all in the days of streaming where a failure of this magnitude can be treated as a simple oops..

Now to see what this supposed "second chance" event turns out to be.
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I have lost faith in anything that has been said on Streams. We got lied to about the Watcher Weapons and not even one apology. Again, if I would lie to my wife or treat her bad like we were treated, I hope that flowers and chocolates would make up for it. Saying that in future I will start behaving won't be enough...

hrakh said:

Now why didn't you link that to begin with instead of being condescending and smug?

@nitocris83 is this how moderators are supposed to treat the community? We are angry for a reason. This type of flippant, condescending remark in a thread that is full of angry people is not helpful.
    Because I didn't have the time to do it at that point? You certainly didn't care to do anything other than post the same thing multiple times.

Condescending and smug? Okay, if you say so. Nothing on how you didn't care to look and just wanted to troll away.

Show me the remark?

It isn't?
    Thanks for doubling down. If you can't see how your remarks came off that way then maybe someone needs a new volunteer job. I'm not trolling, and the LAST time I looked on the official twitch page for an older stream there were none. I stopped bothering to watch the streams for the most part because they used to be so unprofessional and poorly done. I can see that they have improved greatly since, but I am still not interested. The point is that many of us do not or can not watch streams. Even if we did or could our questions get lost in the sea of others and are often missed. IMO it is better to post here than in a chat on twitch.

Many of us are angry, and the lack of acknowledgement here on the official forums in a post specifically covering this event is insulting. You being IMO condescending and smug with your answers is not helpful and your continued baiting is an insult. If you do not have an OFFICIAL response to our concerns why are you posting? If the OFFICIAL response is "They did reply... In the stream." Someone needs a little remedial customer relations training. And finally, IF you knew the answer we were looking for was in the stream then why not post the link? Too busy? The maybe next time just don't post until you have the time.

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

The maybe next time just don't post until you have the time.

Or maybe next time don't assume the responsibilities of someone that has to interact with people on a routine basis. Especially if you don't know how to properly interact with customers.
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    hrakh said:

Now to see what this supposed "second chance" event turns out to be.

Well on PS4 we have 2 more ToO coming up that last the usual 1 week, however after those, there is a 3rd ToO that runs for 2 weeks on the schedule. No further details in the tooltip about it.

On PC Idris is next TOO, and for what I have tested will be same disaster than Dread vault.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

On PC Idris is next TOO, and for what I have tested will be same disaster than Dread vault.

i'll bet my 2 cent that it'll actually be worse ;)
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
    No X1 Iris is easier than X1 Dread vault, so we can say better ( I think???)
    edited October 2019

hrakh said:

Because I didn't have the time to do it at that point? You certainly didn't care to do anything other than post the same thing multiple times.

Condescending and smug? Okay, if you say so. Nothing on how you didn't care to look and just wanted to troll away.

Show me the remark?

It isn't?
    If you do not have an OFFICIAL response to our concerns why are you posting?
    And what gives you the right to say that? I AM a player and made the post as a player, because I came across the response in the stream and noticed a discussion regarding it.

If the OFFICIAL response is "They did reply... In the stream."

It isn't... When did I say it was?

And finally, IF you knew the answer we were looking for was in the stream then why not post the link? Too busy? The maybe next time just don't post until you have the time.

I am indeed too busy, with amongst the hardest exams due in a couple weeks. When I post and what I post is entirely upto me and you have absolutely no say on that.

The maybe next time just don't post until you have the time.

Or maybe next time don't assume the responsibilities of someone that has to interact with people on a routine basis. Especially if you don't know how to properly interact with customers.
    I am interacting with players as a player. How could you possibly be a customer of mine?! Just because I agreed to help keep the forums in order, fellow players become my customers?
    FrozenFire
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Anything in this event worth it? The lag is unbearable on Xbox right now and Tales have been almost unplayable in the past because of lag. This does not motivate me to spend a whole week not enjoying anything else.
    Only if you have suffered on the previous ones.

3 tomes gives a lot of hp ( 36K if i remembered ), +lostmauth set effect, +1 ( or maybe 2) in each ability.

So if you have 2, you can try get a 3rd.

If you have 0, skip it.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Dont take it on FF lol, the guy literally has nothing to do on this, was just trying to help, maybe not the best way of helping but atleast was the only one who even bothered. The one who should be replying this thread and has had time to reply other humoristic threads is @nitocris83 aka Julia, she's the community manager and has done a brilliant job at ignoring everyone.

@frozenfirevr take it easy, gl with exams ;)
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I am interacting with players as a player. How could you possibly be a customer of mine?! Just because I agreed to help keep the forums in order, fellow players become my customers?
    Nowhere did I claim we were YOUR customers. But we are the games customers and you're the representative (comes with the mod title) that continues to interact with us so the statement still holds.

Just go study for your exams and stop wasting time responding to people. It's obvious you're not being helpful in here.
This discussion has been closed.