test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should I keep going?

frostshadefrostshade Member Posts: 1 Arc User
So I came back to Neverwinter after seeing all the mod 16 changes. I saw that Warlocks can be healers and realized I miss the old WoW Shadow Priest. So I started leveling and figured I look on the forums...

I saw discouragement, and so my question is. Should I keep leveling, or choose another class?

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• sonice83sonice83 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @frostshade said:
    > So I came back to Neverwinter after seeing all the mod 16 changes. I saw that Warlocks can be healers and realized I miss the old WoW Shadow Priest. So I started leveling and figured I look on the forums...
    >
    > I saw discouragement, and so my question is. Should I keep leveling, or choose another class?
    >
    > Thank you in advance!

Hi frostshade. It depends. Do you want to play heal or Dps?
    I think as a healer a Paladin or Cleric would be the better choise.
    Warlock dps is okay later in the game. There are better dps classes like Wizzard, Rouge or Ranger. But the warlock is fun to play :)
    And the class meta can shift fast with some bugfixes or class changes.
  • sonice83sonice83 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @mehrunesdagon#1653 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Neither. Play another game, NW is dying. I kicked this game to the curve a month ago, playing FF14 now. really enjoying it.

lol. Still posting in the forum.
    Haters gonna hate... :/
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    If you like maximum investment cost for mediocre results as dps or healer, or playing a class specifically skipped by most groups for content. Then warlock class has got you covered.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2019

So I came back to Neverwinter after seeing all the mod 16 changes. I saw that Warlocks can be healers and realized I miss the old WoW Shadow Priest. So I started leveling and figured I look on the forums...

I saw discouragement, and so my question is. Should I keep leveling, or choose another class?

Thank you in advance!

as a warlock player my advice is ....go for another class..... (aside from barbis and figters)

Thank you in advance!

Neither. Play another game, NW is dying. I kicked this game to the curve a month ago, playing FF14 now. really enjoying it.

Mod 6 drops ''game is dying''...
    They remove coalescent wards from tradebar store ''game is dying''...
    They remove ad from leadership ''game is dying''...
    They nerfed bondings '' game is dying''...
    They nerfed bondings a 2nd time ''game is dying''...
    Rework professions ''game is dying''...
    Remove foundry '' game is dying''...
    Mod 16 drops ''game is dying''...

Anyone noticing the trend? Bottom line everyone that says this always comes back or never leaves... it has been like that for 11 mods now, in a couple of months drops mod 18 and most of the ones that left will come back as usual to check it out.
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User

Thank you in advance!

Just play the game. Ignore what you read on the forums. If you play the class and like the build, stick with it. If you don't, try something else.
  • sak#3663 sak Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I quit playing my Warlock much in Mod 16. I’ve been playing Wizard and Ranger. Now I read they are probably going to adjust down damage for these two classes at some point. There was a vague reference in the forums that devs are aware there are Warlock problems. So my advice is to play what is fun for you to play. Everything changes in this game and one Mods meta class may not be the next Mods.

I will add I don’t play LoMM etc so getting into groups is not an issue. If that is your concern someone else may have better advice.
    edited August 2019
    Deleted

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Before I swapped all stones towards my Oathkeeper yesterday, my warlock did ok in dps, sure inferior to others as Ranger, CW, TR at same gear but ok. You won't get invited to any tomm endcontent with that loadout. Soulweaver with some gear can handle all content actually, I did several pug lomms and they were similar fluent compared to my Oathkeeper and if you read about endcontent that path will be a good addition im tomm too. When your heals do 170+ crits you will be the needed combination with an Oathkeeper in there... In fact only very very few are gonna absolve that dungeon at all. So in theory SW can fit into endcontent and after last fixes the path is not completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> any more. Soulweaver can renew his sparkpool pretty fast and you can adda small dps buff same as burst heals and small micro heal wich Oathkeeper can't at all.

Hellbringer will work outside tomm as many stated but I can't find any good aspects about gameplay buffs and synergies of that path, it is more a desaster tbh.,set up maybe by a practicant in 1 hour or 2, who even did not care about the class and maybe felt more like being punished to be the one to deal with it :)
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User

Nice sumup! I think I just steal and copy-paste this for tearbringers...
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • mehrunesdagon#1653 mehrunesdagon Member Posts: 12 Arc User

Thank you in advance!

Neither. Play another game, NW is dying. I kicked this game to the curve a month ago, playing FF14 now. really enjoying it.

Anyone noticing the trend? Bottom line everyone that says this always comes back or never leaves... it has been like that for 11 mods now, in a couple of months drops mod 18 and most of the ones that left will come back as usual to check it out.
    The majority of players that left in response to said changes actually never came back, and if they did, most only play at max 2-4 hours a day. NW thrives on their ability to bring in new players every mod and this is what is keeping the boat afloat. Events are another factor that causes veteran players to return after a long hiatus from the game. Most older players come back to check on new modules; whether the meta has shifted in their favor, or if its fun enough to keep them invested. The F2P model is another aspect. Had this been a sub base game, it would've died long ago. Since its F2P, majority of new players will most likely never invest heavily into the game which could be an added benefit depending on how you look at it. The honeymoon phase lasts for a month at max. In my 5 years of playing, there are very few players who have stuck around that long, and even fewer who actually play for more than 10 hours a week. Is this the result of the disastrous changes to the game you've mentioned? Yes and no. Unfavorable changes do cause players to leave, but keeping players around for that long is a journey in itself. Personally, I will never touch another cryptic game in my life. There are vastly better mmos out there atm...
  • dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    rev#7881 said:

You forgot killing Salvage for AD..

Actually, most of those folks never came back. Sure, we'd eventually get more new folks into the guild to fill, and then lose others at the next kneecapping change to the game. I haven't played in months, partially because all 6 of my toons now have unusably full overflow bags, and need to be completely respecced. it's supposed to be a game, fun, not work. That's why people have left the game.

Our guild has nobody left that remembers the Gateway, or were Foundry authors. But, apparently, that's not a problem for Cryptic...
    Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

• mebalz#9859 mebalz Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I have all 3 classes of healers and hands down my favorite is the warlock it is the most challenging to learn it is the most fun out of the 3 and once you master it. The warlock is as good of a healer as the other classes.

Thank you in advance!

I have all 3 classes of healers and hands down my favorite is the warlock it is the most challenging to learn it is the most fun out of the 3 and once you master it. The warlock is as good of a healer as the other classes.

• frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    It's still my favorite class - was going to write "my favorite class to play" - but I just realized that's not really true anymore. All the clunk makes it feel like walking on eggshells just to get rotations turning smoothly, one misstep and Clunk! now I'm banging away at buttons. It's one thing when it's my own poor performance. It's another when it's a design flaw. None of my other classes (except the Arcanist) make my eyes roll in my head the way the warlock does now. So slowly and surely, they've been stealing my heart away.

But I'm not giving up on it. I could never abandon it. You mentioned leveling, and that content's still definitely open. It's a finer, more crooked line we have to walk than before, but it's still worth it imo.

It's still my favorite class - was going to write "my favorite class to play" - but I just realized that's not really true anymore. All the clunk makes it feel like walking on eggshells just to get rotations turning smoothly, one misstep and Clunk! now I'm banging away at buttons. It's one thing when it's my own poor performance. It's another when it's a design flaw. None of my other classes (except the Arcanist) make my eyes roll in my head the way the warlock does now. So slowly and surely, they've been stealing my heart away.

But I'm not giving up on it. I could never abandon it. You mentioned leveling, and that content's still definitely open. It's a finer, more crooked line we have to walk than before, but it's still worth it imo.

felt the same way you do right now so went soul weaver and fell in love with the class again and also made some adjustments to the HB which i also enjoy again. I was ruining cleric for DPS and heals now I hardly touch my Cleric just my warlock and Will use my pally to tank.