test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I hesitate to use the word...

myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
...but I'm gonna call an exploit an exploit. Three times today I've seen one or two toons hang back at the starting campfire during Master of the Hunt, only to jump in once the Master himself is dead and the event is over so they can collect the treasure chest. This is either botting by gold sellers or individual players using multiple accounts, and either way, it stinks.

How about no advancement past the first encounter unless all toons in the instance are on the field?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2019

...but I'm gonna call an exploit an exploit. Three times today I've seen one or two toons hang back at the starting campfire during Master of the Hunt, only to jump in once the Master himself is dead and the event is over so they can collect the treasure chest. This is either botting by gold sellers or individual players using multiple accounts, and either way, it stinks.

How about no advancement past the first encounter unless all toons in the instance are on the field?

That does not solve the issue because it only hurt the one who are actually playing. Those people probably will just AFK and the real player are stuck waiting for them eventually come over (who know when). Then, they will just stay at the border and AFK again. Overall, it will just delay those who are actually playing. i.e. it will make the painful situation even more painful.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I'm seeing it in CTA, as well. People camp outside the kill zone and just sit there, waiting to finish off the boss. I just did a run on my TR and I couldn't concentrate on Gaurrundar, as my party wasn't taking out the adds, so I had to do that as well. It's frustrating to slot smoke bomb just to cover your rear, so you can try to concentrate on the boss. -_-
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    This is sadly a direct result of NW having made kicking players so difficult.

Firstly, a vote can only be initiated after a certain time has passed, so you can find these kinds of 'players' in every shorter instance. Secondly, even if you manage to kick one leech, then you can't kick another one for the next 4 hours.

To fix this, the Vote-to-Kick should be enabled immediately for events and the cooldown should be removed. Nothing else will work because if dealing damage becomes the new gate for getting rewards, the leeches will attack once and then just sit there.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Here is something I think would work well for the master of the hunt and maybe a few other skirmishes:

Put in two special re-spawn points at opposite ends in the same area where the players have to fight the final boss. For this encounter all player's in this area will re-spawn at whatever campfire is furthest from the boss. (All other re-spawn points on map should disappear to prevent stupid stuff like having a player engaged in battle re-spawn at the beginning or at an incorrect re-spawn point.) Because there are now no other re-spawn points on the map that should also mean that anyone that gets dead outside of this battle area is automatically forced out of instance. (Presumption here is that all the dangerous stuff that prevent you from getting to the final boss are taken care of already.)

These special re-spawn points should not allow the 30 second wait time to recover from injury and should instead require the use of an injury kit appropriate to the toon's normal unmodified level to remove an injury.

Option 1: Once battle is joined (someone enters area and makes an attack or boss responds to a PC's presence) with the final boss any players that are lagging behind now have 6 seconds (+20 if they were forced to re-spawn during the last encounter before the final boss battle) to get there before the entrance is closed off!

Option 2: Make sure that once the battle is finished that the area becomes totally cut-off from the rest of the map.

In either case, you also need to make the entrance to the area to be a sort of one way door so that a player cannot leave or be knocked back out by an attack.

This method only ensures that everyone is together for the final battle. I think the only real difference now would be that any active player pulling aggro can now (accidentally of course) put those non-participants in a red area.

This also has the potential of making injury kits a bit more useful in the game.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Quite happy being immune to injuries, thanks.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    As far as kicking bots, last week I did Pirates dungeon with one player and three bots one of which lingered 2 areas behind. When each of the two 'live' players tried to vote one of the bots off, we were outvoted. Once we tried, we hit the 4 hour timer we could not vote them off or fight the final boss. We both had to logout and forfeit the 20 min waste of time.