test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dps Meter

scoutcavscoutcav Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Can we Get a actual Damage per Second meter that that is turned on either thru options or command and should sat activated so we don't have to worry about start stop etc and accidently die try to get it to work etc.. It should calculate overall damage every minute and display that number and 2nd spot would show all time Highest. I Don't want to have to use some third party program that's hard to figure out to use and in the doesn't calculate my damage total divided by 60 /# of times etc. Great help to determine if rotation and timing are being done correctly. I do like the Paingiver total in dungeons but it is no help on building my character overall. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    planestrider#4331 planestrider Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    That would indeed be helpful. Right now, it's tough up to impossible to even guess what's the best choice of item. Consider that there are many people who are bad at maths. No offense, I'm among them.
  • Options
    mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    NO NO NO NO NO NO AND FOREVER NO! I'M NOT DEALING WITH THIS AGAIN! I ALREADY HAD TERA ONLINE RUINED BY EXPLOITERS/CHEATERS AND I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE THE SAME PROCESS EXCUSES TO RUIN THIS GAME FOR ME! SERIOUSLY A DPS METER? NEED TIPS FOR YOUR CLASS? JUST USE MMOMINDS.COM OR JUST ASK IN FORUMS OR ON GAME FOR HELP PLEASE!

If it's feats? I can help. I noticed the differences that help me without dps meter! I even have a barbarian that doesn't use the last feat on purpose...I don't need it! I gain rage like mad! Blademaster DPS.

Seriously I'll be glad to help you or anyone else will help you.

Edit: Don't promote something PLEASE even though mentioned that you don't want to use a third party program. Still this is how it starts! Damages are damages. Use armor reinforcements to balance your class out.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @scoutcav @planestrider @mwk
    This already exists in the game, it is called the Combat Log. You can use a combat log reader to read your DPS live as you play or after you are done playing. Combat parsers are discussed here on the forums and on the official Neverwinter Wiki. There is no need to add more stress on a GUI that has been stressed too much.

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Thank you @sandukutupu Damage logs or combat logs...exactly my point! Even Tera Online had it! So please don't EVER mention DPS METER again! Sorry I'm a bit harsh, but seriously discussions like this promote or encourage the use of third party programs. So please PLEASE use mmominds.com class guides for help advice. Also as I stated forums and asking for advice in game will help.

Armor reinforcements are under consumables in Auction House. That will help with balancing your stats. No one cares about how well of a DPS someone is! Why does it matter? Everyone gets the job done! If someone cares about your DPS, then ignore them or report the player for being rude and not game friendly.

If someone states that you're missing something, then take to their advice! Many I have told, "You're forgetting shirt and pants for your level-UPGRADE IT"! These are little concerns for lower levels. I explained why they die so much.

Focus on POWER most and you're fine. Blend some boosts like armor-pen and crit-strike. Your character is never NEVER going to be perfect, so keep that in mind. At least there is some balance to work with armor reinforcements.

Balance the best way you can and also think about feats and class features that help with cooldowns (mostly used to activate the cooldowns with chosen feats and class features). It's not hard and you have 2 loadouts anyways.

Trust me...you don't need a DPS METER! This is why people give helpful guidance on the internet.

Take your time. Don't overthink. Ask for advice and think about those helpful advantages that occur most. Happy gaming :)
    Post edited by mwk on
  • Options
    silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I get where the OP is coming from, using ACT to read the data and work through it isn't always the best, it's not showing you when your 10 seconds of bonus X was active and overlapping with 5 seconds from bonus Y.
    I personally think it would be a nice feature to have available when you're in the Trade of Blades or at the dummies located in the various zones.
    I know that this is the PC forum but having that feature in-game would be awesome for the console players who don't have access to ACT at all.

While we all have some level of passion for the game, it doesn't help anybody to scream and shout at them in the forums for asking a question.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    This so called 'DPS Meter' is only going to make the player more obsessive and also cause prejudice shaming of others when it comes to DPS, when in fact no one is looking at...
    1. What occurs most for damage advantage?
    2. What helps with cooldowns?
    3. What lasts longer by feat?
    4. What helps other skills? Part B: Even though it's not bad for exception of time cooldown.
    Instead it's preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience=prejudice of wasting your time trying to figure out every outcome with DPS METER! YOU CAN GET A LOT DONE THE FIRST TIME FOLLOWING THOSE PRINCIPLES ABOVE!

[Lets analyze some truths here]
    • Warden Ranger. The last feat-it pops up quicker by action points (CALL OF THE STORM) and quite effective. Also there something that helps with double damage for 3 seconds (flurry melee stance), but I can take advantage of it more by at wills causing the cooldown for 3 seconds somewhere else I believe-so I went with that. Don't use the Ghost Forest something feat for melee double damage because it doesn't occur often as (CALL OF THE STORM) using that daily power.

• Assassin Rogue. Duelist Expertise feat (7.5% damage) occurs more than (Every 15 secs once hit-REALLY PATHETIC Skullcracker, which is more damage) Duelist Expertise feat (7.5% damage) is better-occurs more or lasts.

• I know I have to miss enemies for the mighty leap feat for Blademaster Barbarian the first time, but WOW that feat helps a lot on magnitude for the second jump! Really smart and forward exception though to something that gives only small percent of damage going with relentless feat. The cooldown for leap encounter isn't that awful and can be used more often for big damage advantage with that feat.

• SERIOUSLY ASK ME AND I WILL HELP YOU on these forums or take mmominds.com for advice. HECK I MIGHT EVEN CREATE MY OWN GUIDE FOR MMOMINDS?!

Every player that knows DPS well-COOLDOWN REDUCTION=DPS! I made sure I have at least recharge speed on my weapon for my Rogue Class.

You need to have more POWER than all other stats! That's key simple!

What is it going take to walk into the door of knowledge with someone that is actually helping you understand the principles of DPS?!

WE HAVE FORUMS HERE SO ASK FOR ADVICE! Stop being so OBSESSIVE about DPS! SERIOUSLY! I will state for a fact that I'm satisfied with my overall DPS by what I chose by class features and feats. I damage fine by the second and I try to balance my stats with armor reinforcements if needed. What's the problem? THINK LIKE A GAMER-YOU DON'T NEED A POOR EXCUSE 'DPS METER'! Stack POWER, which is the most important stat as I stated and with blends of other stats too on the side. WHAT'S THE DEAL AND WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT?

I'M LAUGHING BECAUSE THIS GAME DISPLAYS DAMAGE DEALT AT THE END OF EACH DUNGEON! DPS METER LOL!
    TRAINING DUMMIES
    COMBAT LOGS

HELLO WAKE UP! IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

If I'm in a dungeon and I'm like 1st-3rd in line by damage dealt afterwards, I'm fine with my overall DPS. Mostly I get 1st or 2nd damage dealt, but not all the time. Don't expect something with elite players or higher level dungeons with elite players at first getting into. Yet, I have done better than some in Demogorgon for my item level being lower. I'm not kidding and it happened that I even got on the list as compared for my item level a few times! I looked at everyone else by inspection and obviously higher than me by item level. It's because I know what I'm doing and what to look for by advantages when it comes to DPS, so it happened a few times. Look at what stats you need to improve is one thing also. STOP BEING SO OBSESSIVE! Back then it was shady preparations feat before Mod 16, because it was the only thing I had for cooldown reduction advantage besides sneak attack feat-it helped me a ton! Now there are other ways to help. I will explain that too if you want?

I don't need an excuse with a DPS METER! NEVER HAVE I USED ONE! Do you see me complaining?

SO TAKE THE ADVICE PLEASE! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH A DPS METER OR EVEN ASKING FOR ONE! The last game taught me by figuring and looking over things closely. I thought DAMAGE PER SECOND-DAMAGE PER SECOND at most times. Figuring out or looking over closely using principles like I stated above, I don't have to worry about it, and it becomes natural by thinking forward.

SO ASK ME...Don't be scared to ask on forums. Seriously that's what it's for! Don't refrain from asking me or anyone here on forums for help advice.

This is why I'm proud to understand principles through experience without DPS METERS! It's not complicated at all!

Post edited by mwk on
  • Options
    planestrider#4331 planestrider Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Problem is that this goes beyond a principle of game design: Players need to find all necessary information ingame.

And a problem I see more and more often in RPGs is that one needs to be a maths crack, or dump an enormous amount of time and even ressources into trying things out, to make sure they skill their char in a useful way.

I don't think a live dps meter is actually needed, but a better estimation than gear level to get an impression on the min / max dmg one can deal. Same for heal, block, whatevs. That simply means one up to a few more lines in the UI, nothing terrible. Most of all this is needed if the game does not clearly show when caps are reached and whether it's useful to skill beyond caps or not.

I can really understand people being annoyed about an unnecessary lack of clarity.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    People Shame. Stats do not Shame.
    People Obsess. Stats do not Obsess.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So the OP has asked for an in-game way to test different gear/rotations etc and not need to rely on 3rd party tools (remember not available for console players) and you don't want them to have one ?
    Instead you want people to ask you or forums and rely on other people who have used the tool ?

In the logs can you see when you had the wheel of elements - fire on you ? Was that when the Warlock had blight on the enemy, how many stacks of blight was that again ? I dealt more damage at this point, was that because the enemy moved and I resulted in positional combat advantage because they moved between me and the tank who was testing some stuff.

That info ins't showing and certainly not possible for console players who only have the option of scrolling the log manually and trying to piece it all together themselves.

The "DPS Meter" and I really think "in-game test tool" would also help support toons know which combo works well on debuffing the enemy etc etc.

Giving people an option to test and make themselves better isn't a bad thing.

However given the number of devs and their workload, they'll not likely implement such a tool so this whole conversation is moot.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Hey people, when a regular person, with just a high school diploma, such as myself, can copy/paste the combat log from the chat window into a spread sheet and figure out the math. Without using any ACT or other other parser. Don't you think you are asking too much of the game?

To anyone thinking parsing is against the rules, then why would Cryptic and dozen of other MMO companies grant us the access to the combat logs? Combat log files are not unique to Cryptic games. ACT has a long list of games that shell out the combat logs. If Cryptic didn't want you to read it, the command /combatlog 1 would not be access level zero.

My opinion, there is enough HUD clutter, I don't need more to distract me.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I really don't understand the obsessive or OCD with adding a 'DPS METER'? Sorry, but that's true because the fact of the matter people aren't learning and instead being obsessive if they are DPS or not. Does it matter, when everyone completes the dungeon? Why does it matter? It's more of obsessive fixation more than actually looking at things. If you want to leave a certain gear on, that's fine; it's only a small bonus. Obviously a small bonus isn't as good as better higher stats applied. You lose some stats at times, but there are things called armor reinforcements. So is it really necessarily? Stats tell you the percent by highlight over them on your character sheet. It's starting to be complicated to convince anyone, but truly you don't need it! Funny thing I got a 965 shirt drop from master expeditions. I lost some armor penetration a bit from the 940 shirt, but I got more power! I noticed a difference in my huge hitting damage as a good thing with that new 965 shirt. So in theory don't worry about it! This is why we have armor reinforcements if you really lost some numbers in stats. However, I was better overall with the new shirt gear given! Don't beat yourself up over it is what I'm implying. So I admit it's being obsessive over a game.

I'll tell you right now all skills I use are short cooldowns of the majority, except my paladin. Circle of divinity actually helps with divinity recharge dramatically with 10% divinity regeneration class feature combined.

It's up to the player by stats. Results don't matter really, because it's just number. I know Power-Armor Pen-Critical Strike is important for high numbers; power is the most important. JUST PLAY THE GAME AND HAVE FUN! EVERYONE GETS THE BATTLE DONE! JEEZ!
  • Options
    It matters when people want to test for themselves, see what works for their play-style, what things that they can come up with without just doing a copy/paste of whatever anyone else is doing. Some people actually like that.

You use the word obsessive far to much, people are not obsessing about their DPS just because they want to test something; by your usage of the term you must have been obsessive when you were testing things out yourself to see what was good.

Try reading the post again because clearly you're too narrow minded to see beyond your own needs.

For me, this topic is closed.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I just want to know what is the obsession with armor reinforcement kits... We know about them, thanks...
    Also know a thing or two about stats, and how to balance those.

This has nothing to do with the OP request. Which has merit, depending on what it shows and how. And I may consider it, due to already having something similar/partial for other purposes.

Looking for tools on how to improve yourself, should be encouraged and not frowned upon. People who use such tools to belittle others instead of helping, should be "insert explicitly censured things here"
  • Options
    edited August 2019

It matters when people want to test for themselves, see what works for their play-style, what things that they can come up with without just doing a copy/paste of whatever anyone else is doing. Some people actually like that.

You use the word obsessive far to much, people are not obsessing about their DPS just because they want to test something; by your usage of the term you must have been obsessive when you were testing things out yourself to see what was good.

Try reading the post again because clearly you're too narrow minded to see beyond your own needs.

Narrow minded? I'm actually helping! Look at yourself being narrow minded for someone like me giving helpful advice to take the load off instantly of stress for the classes in game as compared to wasting your time with a 'DPS METER'. I never needed some pointless meter to determine DPS for my results and you're never going to get a 'DPS METER' in game! Truly wasting time without taking in some principles of DPS to look at, which I gave all with some legitimate why explanation examples. Choose to ignore, but reality we have forums here to ask for advice and I'm literally giving that nature! Complaining over something that is rather fixation to over all best DPS, which will take forever still with a DPS meter! Balance stats and you're fine! Trust me, I played with these users that used DPS meters in a huge party and they beat others like ground beef if players aren't good enough for them. This can still be applied with same class you're playing. I will tell you they played awful not playing as a team effort for starters and not concentrating on the fight; obsessive nature. DPS Meter users always were never the highest damage-EVER being so obsessive and not thinking of DPS principles to begin with! TERA ONLINE become an argument house with DPS METER users! The topic is a waste of your time asking for something that is not needed! I just looked at guides for starters. Guides on the internet are really helpful and mostly great suggestions, if unsure about something. Forums are a nice way to discuss classes, so don't refrain by asking here. It doesn't hurt to try suggestions given here on forums too. The community like me would love to explain why we chose something by setup. All the asking over a DPS Meter, I could of had you set for satisfaction enough for DPS, but nope obsessive on DPS Meter.

Stop stressing over something so silly. Let people help you here on forums and stop wasting your time with a poor excuse called 'DPS METER'.

I'm building myself up and truly I'm satisfied with some compensation in the mix for the meantime progression of building other stats up. If you're stressing over it? Use some major armor reinforcements to balance out. So how silly is it? I'm not trying to insult anyone. I'm trying point out that stressing everything for DPS, it's pointless to waste time with everything! STACK POWER with blends of other stats and you're fine? If you DPS, you're fine! So please enjoy the game! If you're off a bit, stop stressing over it! The point of this game is having fun and helping yourself just enough, which is possible to complete! Not by how great of a DPS you are! If you DPS fine enough, be happy you're decent just enough and enjoy the game! That's how I play, so who is being obsessive? Take the weight off your shoulders!

Are you really that bad in game? People here will help you on these forums! Stop stressing over a 'DPS METER' that isn't going to give answers and just your performance just like the end of a dungeon with damage dealt. Yeah I know how they work by imagery on the internet. Quite ridiculous asking for something so useless!

I used the word obsessive far too much, when people are not obsessing about their DPS just because they want to test something. By my usage of the term I must have been obsessive when I was testing things out myself to see what was good....

The answer of your question. I stopped stressing over it and thought of my outcomes forward looking closely, then became natural knowing what DPS is. I got dramatic results from it, which I showed from previous game. I mean I could of done something a bit different and got something higher perhaps? I saved so much time not stressing over. I could of had 16M, but truly 15M of damage on Tera Online was just good enough for me. I balanced my layout and stacked POWER. I got my results. In the end, I play just fine to my satisfaction. I never used a DPS METER in my life! Rotations don't matter in this game, so stop it! It's just 3 encounters!
    4. What helps other skills? Part B: Even though it's not bad for exception of time cooldown.
    Be grateful by my own experiences. PLEASE! I'm not lying about anything I stated here. Use those principles! THEY WORK!

Post edited by mwk on
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    mwk said:

Narrow minded? I'm actually helping! Look at yourself being narrow minded for someone like me giving helpful advice to take the load off instantly of stress for the classes in game as compared to wasting your time with a 'DPS METER'. I never needed some pointless meter to determine DPS for my results and you're never going to get a 'DPS METER' in game! Truly wasting time without taking in some principles of DPS to look at, which I gave all with some legitimate why explanation examples. Choose to ignore, but reality we have forums here to ask for advice and I'm literally giving that nature! Complaining over something that is rather fixation to over all best DPS, which will take forever still with a DPS meter! Balance stats and you're fine! Trust me, I played with these users that used DPS meters in a huge party and they beat others like ground beef if players aren't good enough for them. This can still be applied with same class you're playing. I will tell you they played awful not playing as a team effort for starters and not concentrating on the fight; obsessive nature. DPS Meter users always were never the highest damage-EVER being so obsessive and not thinking of DPS principles to begin with! The topic is a waste of your time asking for something that is not needed! I just looked at guides for starters. Guides on the internet are really helpful and mostly great suggestions, if unsure about something. Forums are a nice way to discuss classes, so don't refrain by asking here. It doesn't hurt to try suggestions given here on forums too. The community like me would love to explain why we chose something by setup. All the asking over a DPS Meter, I could of had you set for satisfaction enough for DPS, but nope obsessive on DPS Meter.

Stop stressing over something so silly. Let people help you here on forums and stop wasting your time with a poor excuse called 'DPS METER'.

I'm building myself up and truly I'm satisfied with some compensation in the mix for the meantime progression of building other stats up. If you're stressing over it? Use some major armor reinforcements to balance out. So how silly is it? I'm not trying to insult anyone. I'm trying point out that stressing everything for DPS, it's pointless to waste time with everything! STACK POWER with blends of other stats and you're fine? If you DPS, you're fine! So please enjoy the game! If you're off a bit, stop stressing over it! The point of this game is having fun and helping yourself just enough, which is possible to complete! Not by how great of a DPS you are! If you DPS fine enough, be happy you're decent just enough and enjoy the game! That's how I play, so who is being obsessive? Take the weight off your shoulders!

Are you really that bad in game? People here will help you on these forums! Stop stressing over a 'DPS METER' that isn't going to give answers and just your performance just like the end of a dungeon with damage dealt. Yeah I know how they work by imagery on the internet. Quite ridiculous asking for something so useless!

I used the word obsessive far too much, when people are not obsessing about their DPS just because they want to test something. By my usage of the term I must have been obsessive when I was testing things out myself to see what was good....

The answer your question. I stopped stressing over it and thought of my outcomes forward looking closely, then became natural knowing what DPS is. I got dramatic results from it, which I showed from previous game! Rotations don't matter in this game, so stop it! It's just 3 encounters!
    We already have plenty of toxic players do to the paingiver chart. DPS meter won't change that or improve or make it worst. I remember playing my wizard as a Renegade MoF build of old and getting of complaints as a damage dealer when I was mostly focused on buffing. The good old days of playing as a wizard, I miss those. I hate being just a damage dealer.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Requesting a "DPS meter" is not some blasphemous thing. Do i care either way? No. But if someone thinks having an in game method of tracking some metrics would be nice I don't see why that is an issue.

Maybe someone might not see the need but this game isn't built for one person so, again, making a REQUEST isn't a horrible thing. Maybe someone might like mmominds....maybe some people think most of those builds are outdated trash and wouldn't send a single person there.

OP made a request plain and simple. The devs decide if it's worthy of time or not. (my 2 cents on "it's never gonna happen" since ACT exists.

But no harm in asking. And definitely no need to get all preachy about your views on the horrors of tracking damage. Even less of a need to hit CAPS LOCK to get your overreacted point across.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    mwk said:

JUST PLAY THE GAME AND HAVE FUN! EVERYONE GETS THE BATTLE DONE

This is how some of us have fun playing the game. When I get tired of the content min/maxing is a way to pass the time until another mod comes out. Many of the builds out there were created by those using tools to parse the combat log, why promote an external site for a build but not the use of an ingame combat log?

It's great your willing to help a player with the basics but again, some of us really enjoy testing and tweaking our characters. Finding and reaching stat caps is easy. Finding a build, easy. To me you have a basic understanding of what it takes to do DPS, but without enjoying min/maxing a toon I dont' feel you get where we are coming from in this thread.

I seen you comment "Stop stressing over something so silly" - Seems to me your the only one stressing in this thread.
    You've stated your opinion on the matter, time to relax a bit and let others give theirs.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    YOU DON'T NEED ONE! Balance your stats and follow the principles. They worked for me! That's what I'm implying! You're not going to get a dps meter and the end of dungeon basically tells how well you performed. The end of the dungeon results, it makes you understand your weaknesses, yet don't expect it with more elite players; typically better gear and know what they are doing. Why stress over it? It's obsessive! I got results by thinking this way using some smarts here. So please try it! If you're confused on something on what to choose? Ask here on forums! STOP WASTING YOUR DAYS TIME ASKING FOR SOMETHING THAT IS NOT GOING TO BE RELEASED! I just helped you instantly!
    I will be glad to post my setup layouts for all my classes and explain why I chose certain feats and class features for example. Take it or leave it! These are forums and the community is here to help.

How can I put this? You're not going to figure out every drop! NEVER! When I stacked power and balance my stats enough I did fine. Mostly just power and also looking at my glyphs in game-technically feats. I got my results to 15MILLION crit damage on last game I played! That's well enough for me! Perhaps to why Cryptic made it more limited? We panicked and figured it out eventually trying to adjust to a complete new game. So stop sweating over it! With armor reinforcements you can always make up for what was lost. Lots of work...urrgh, but in the end I'm happy where I stand now. I just look at stats that are rather useful for my class, try to balance them out, and I'm all good. Really care that much about everything?
    Post edited by mwk on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @mwk

Can you tell me how much damage the TR feat "Shadow's Flurry" does when it procs? The tooltip doesn't say.
    Execution does 200 mag damage with a 10% chance to proc on enemies with less than 20% health.

Without parsing the combat log in one way or another it's impossible to tell which will do more damage for me.

10% chance of 200 mag dmg on enemies with less than 20% health
    or
    5% chance all the time to do an undisclosed amount of damage.

To me, it's fun to test and find out for myself instead of googling it and hoping the answer I find is a tested one and not a guess.

And you maybe right, it may never happen. But questions and threads like this open the door for discussion for those who enjoy this part of the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mwk said:

Are you really that bad in game?

But without information, how do you know you are not bad in game? Maybe your DPS is actually low, and all your advice is bad.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Shadow’s Flurry is 5% chance of spawning something and here you are asking me with something about a feat that doesn't occur often.

Sure skullcracker does more damage, but only once every 15 seconds (SERIOUSLY ONE HIT!). Reason why duelist expertise is picked. It's how I think on my final outcome decision.

It's how I'm thinking here. 10% chance is better=more often damage used. Sure I tried skullcracker for example and that was a mistake on accident by not looking closely.

I know something that isn't awful like might leap feat. 650 magnitude and leap encounter isn't as bad of a cooldown. That's not bad to take in my opinion for blademaster barbarian. It was only exception. Some could go both ways and one might choose relentless, but 650 magnitude on not bad of a cooldown for leap encounter. YES PLEASE as compared to some small percent at-will increase. On Paladin I went with divine intervention because of debuffs take away. It took me while and I just *slap my forehead* I NEED DEBUFFS TO TAKE AWAY! I'm just stating my mind. Mostly I still DPS, but I like jumping on enemies considering how the encounter cooldown isn't as bad and I love giving people pretend hugs :3
    Post edited by mwk on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    micky1p00 said:

mwk said:

Are you really that bad in game?

But without information, how do you know you are not bad in game? Maybe your DPS is actually low, and all your advice is bad.
    I'm implying as are you stressing over something that you're not good enough? Let people help you and open it for discussion :)

Why do we have forums in the first place? I'm stating legit truth here.

• Options
    mwk said:

Shadow’s Flurry is 5% chance of spawning something and here you are asking me with something about a feat that doesn't occur often.

Sure skullcracker does more damage, but only once every 15 seconds (SERIOUSLY ONE HIT!). Reason why duelist expertise is picked. It's how I think on my final outcome decision.

It's how I'm thinking here. 10% chance is better=more often damage used. Sure I tried skullcracker for example and that was a mistake on accident by not looking closely.

I know something that isn't awful like might leap feat. 650 magnitude and leap encounter isn't as bad of a cooldown. That's not bad to take in my opinion for blademaster barbarian. It was only exception. Some could go both ways. On Paladin I went with divine intervention because of debuffs take away. It took me while and I just *slap my forehead* I NEED DEBUFFS TO TAKE AWAY! I'm just stating my mind.

Well your deflect is capped because you blew off the question I asked and deflected it onto something completely unrelated.

5% chance on all attacks or 10% chance only when health is less than 20%. One feat shows mag 200 damage the other shows nothing. Wish I had a DPS meter to tell me which is procing more and causing more damage LMFAO

I enjoy min/maxing, always have. I do NOT have a bad attitude in game, nor do I ever gloat about my DPS. Honestly, since mod 16 my barb is my main @ 24.1k and very seldom am I top DPS. I'm still learning the class and do HAMSTER DPS for the most part. Do I understand the stat caps, yes. Have I met them, also yes(Except combat advantage). Practice alone will make me better but I'd rather test and mess around to find what works for me.
  • Options
    mwk said:

I know something that isn't awful like might leap feat. 650 magnitude and leap encounter isn't as bad of a cooldown. That's not bad to take in my opinion for blademaster barbarian. It was only exception. Some could go both ways. On Paladin I went with divine intervention because of debuffs take away. It took me while and I just *slap my forehead* I NEED DEBUFFS TO TAKE AWAY! I'm just stating my mind.

So you have no idea? You just read the tooltips and guess by that....

For how long scullcraker lasts on a single target, like a boss?
    What is better 25k power, or orcus set bonus?
    If I'm a healer, what is the crit stat cap?
  • Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    This in detail DPS meter that u want u can get by installing ACT. I think its a waste of resources for NW to try and build something into the game that anyone can get for free, that even works better than what u want ingame.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

This in detail DPS meter that u want u can get by installing ACT. I think its a waste of resources for NW to try and build something into the game that anyone can get for free, that even works better than what u want ingame.

scoutcav said:

I Don't want to have to use some third party program that's hard to figure out to use and in the doesn't calculate my damage total divided by 60 /# of times etc.

Try reading what is being asked for before saying it is awesome.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @reg1981 Yes I answered your question. Shadow’s Flurry is 5% chance of spawning something and here you are asking me with something about a feat that doesn't occur often.

[Shadows Flurry]
    Your attacks have a 5% chance to spawn a shadowy figure that uses the final combo of Duelist's Flurry on the target.

You know the purple figure on duelist flurry-The gif is just the example of what I'm explaining. The purple figure shadow.

Now look at Duelist Flurry Note: Ignore the gloaming cut. It's the only demonstration I could find on the internet.

[Duelist Flurry]
    Strike with two slashes followed by a flurry of attacks.
    Magnitude: 25
    Added Effect: Attacks from the flurry each have a chance to add a Bleed effect which can be stacked up to 10 times.

Is this an extra 25 magnitude? It's only 250 magnitude stacked after the first 2 slashes, plus another 25 magnitude, which is 275 magnitude. Also I guess if you want to count the 2 first slashes, which is 325 magnitude. 11X instead of 10X all in 10 seconds. I'm I correct or wrong? The feat isn't specific by description at all by how long it is. So 5% chance just for an extra 25 magnitude on duelist flurry? That's nothing! That's how I looked at it. Just an extra shadow purple figure? :/:#:s

[Execution]
    When an enemy has 20% life left, your attacks have a 10% chance to execute the target dealing 200 magnitude damage. Duelist Flurry now can have 525 magnitude during the strikes or basically any attack. 10% chance finishing off an enemy's health. Literally a jump of DPS at times to finish off an enemy that is tough.

Perhaps you're welcome?

EDIT: If I'm thinking wrong? Is it stacked 10 times for each attack? How many attacks of shadow figure? So excuse me why I think.

EDIT: 25x10=250 magnitude for an extra hit on duelist flurry. Ok now it seems rather bogus still just because you don't know when and during a fight. 10% ON ANY ATTACK spamming 10 times VS dealing with duelist flurry at 5% chance spamming like mad 20 times (EACH CYCLE OF DUELIST FLURRY-9secs).

10% x 10=100% of it happening. [Execution using other attacks=10 times clicking on skills and perhaps 30 seconds of your time-given that it's like 3 seconds or less to be able to hit the keyboard for next encounter]
    5% x 20=100% of it happening. [Shadows Flurry-9 secs for each cycle=180 secs of wasting your time!]

I'm just thinking and I might be on to something truly logical minded.
    Post edited by mwk on
  • Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    greywynd said:

fyrstigor said:

scoutcav said:

I Don't want to have to use some third party program that's hard to figure out to use and in the doesn't calculate my damage total divided by 60 /# of times etc.

Try reading what is being asked for before saying it is awesome.
    OP doesnt want to use it. Or doesnt have the skills to use it. Doenst make it less true that its a big waste of resources to develop something someone already made. Only difference would be that its ingame instead of external program.
  • Options
    mwk said:

@reg1981 Yes I answered your question. Shadow’s Flurry is 5% chance of spawning something and here you are asking me with something about a feat that doesn't occur often.

Should proc 1 in 20 hits, that's fairly often when you consider the # of attacks used in running a dungeon.
    mwk said:

[Duelist Flurry]
    Strike with two slashes followed by a flurry of attacks.
    Magnitude: 25
    Added Effect: Attacks from the flurry each have a chance to add a Bleed effect which can be stacked up to 10 times.

Is this an extra 25 magnitude? It's only 250 magnitude stacked after the first 2 slashes, plus another 25 magnitude, which is 275 magnitude. Also I guess if you want to count the 2 first slashes, which is 325 magnitude. 11X instead of 10X all in 10 seconds. I'm I correct or wrong? The feat isn't specific by description at all by how long it is. So 5% chance just for an extra 25 magnitude on duelist flurry? That's nothing! That's how I looked at it. Just an extra shadow purple figure? :/:#:s

EDIT: If I'm thinking wrong? Is it stacked 10 times for each attack? How many attacks of shadow figure? So excuse me why I think.

EDIT: 25x10=250 magnitude for an extra hit on duelist flurry. Ok now it seems rather bogus still.

This is kinda the point being made in the OPs post. Unless testing can be done it's anyones guess how the math is done. I don't know if the mag 25 damage from flurry is all 3 attacks or each give 25. If all 3 = 25mag is the final strike stronger, weaker, or equal damage from the first 2. Does the feat in question match the damage of my characters flurry?

Its all guess work at the moment.

Personally I'd like to use Act again but last I heard its 3rd party software and not acceptable to Cryptic's terms of service.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I edited...sorry about that.

EDIT: 25x10=250 magnitude for an extra hit on duelist flurry. Ok now it seems rather bogus still just because you don't know when and during a fight. 10% ON ANY ATTACK spamming 10 times VS dealing with duelist flurry at 5% chance spamming like mad 20 times (EACH CYCLE OF DUELIST FLURRY-9secs).

10% x 10=100% of it happening. [Execution using other attacks=10 times clicking on skills and perhaps 30 seconds of your time-given that it's like 3 seconds or less to be able to hit the keyboard for next encounter]
    5% x 20=100% of it happening. [Shadows Flurry-9 secs for each cycle=180 secs of wasting your time!]

I'm just thinking and I might be on to something truly logical minded. I know the whole 20% left might be wasting your time? However, perhaps it's my perception of what I'm noticing. With execution I noticed the last bits of enemy's health just helps more often trying to kill an enemy that is tough. I can be on one enemy and it takes longer to kill, then all of sudden BAM-just drains fast on that enemy that is tough!

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||LEFT|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||50%|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||100%

Yeah I'm a bit more of a visual thinker. It might be actually hard to determine the outcome on just duelist flurry (shadow's flurry) and any attack (execution)? So I did some thinking of how I look at it. Sure enough 10% is better than 5%. So I take 10% chance over 5%.

Sure take skullcracker for more damage with one hit every 15 secs (NO THANK YOU), but how often is it? FOLLOWING ME?

Damage per sec=DPS. More often it will be, the more you will do damage!

Sometimes exceptions can be made...sorry 650 magnitude is a huge jump of damage for MIGHTY LEAP! BARBARIAN DPS-BLADEMASTER. Makes me kill crowds instantly fast! Mighty leap isn't bad of a cooldown.

I just think it's best to think, rather than a DPS meter. I might make some guides of my classes, so why not?
    Post edited by mwk on