test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

>900 lvl Companion Gear with ZERO slots? ... Really?

dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
First, Gratitude and applause for Cryptic from The Took.
New Companion gear that drops at a reasonable rate from standard-difficulty quests?
Great idea!
Thank you.
Seriously, we needed this. Thank you very much.
So...
Some of this gear is awesome. Great. Thank you.
Not trolling, I swear. Really appreciate it.
Yeah.
But...
Just wondering...
Considering that 600 level gear exists with TWO enchant slots...
Should there be ANY >900 level gear with ZERO enchant slots?
Is it greedy to ask?
Feels greedy to ask.
It feels like The Took is "looking a gift horse in the mouth".
Is The Took "looking a gift horse in the mouth"?

If so, disregard this post and thank you.
JrUzbQw.jpg?1
I am Took.
"Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

Comments

• Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Itemlvl is decided by number of stats, not how many slots are in it.

It was the same in the last batch of pet gear that came with IG. Lowest versions no slots, so older gear with less stats was better.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I have a 2 slots (offense and defense though) with item level 990. The one with one slot has item 965. It is just RNG.
    940 for no slot sounds reasonable.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Like the OP, I am very happy for the Companion Gear expansion.

Of the top gears, however, only 10 of them are double OFF slot. Of them, several offer stats that will not be desired... such as 12,000 critical strike.

With the new gear selection (FULL of DEF slots), it is ironic that my Paladin character finds it really challenging to use three of the new ones. The only stats I need are Combat Advantage and Deflection. The problem is, I can't sacrifice power for either of them. To use a DEF slot means sacrificing over 3,000 power. That means the only truly useful gear for me is:

Ivy Grown Grimoire
    2 OFF slots, +7,272 armor pen, +4848 comb advantage, +1010 combined rating

I think a lot of top end players will have a similar challenge using a set of three of these new companion gears to improve their character's stats.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    I just hate the fact that the purple gear is bound, makes it nearly impossible to get what u want.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Of the top gears, however, only 10 of them are double OFF slot. Of them, several offer stats that will not be desired... such as 12,000 critical strike.

A healer will be pleased I think
  • Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User

A healer who rely on crit heals to heal have to low power.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

actually, since u cant get power on pet gear, 3x crit pet gear is prolly the best u can get. And that should put u at like 160k cirt? so its pretty decent even if oyu have high power.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    tom#6998 said:

fyrstigor said:

actually, since u cant get power on pet gear, 3x crit pet gear is prolly the best u can get. And that should put u at like 160k cirt? so its pretty decent even if oyu have high power.
    Crit has no cap anymore? Or, a lot higher cap in mod 17?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Of the top gears, however, only 10 of them are double OFF slot. Of them, several offer stats that will not be desired... such as 12,000 critical strike.
    >
    >
    > A healer will be pleased I think
    >
    > A healer who rely on crit heals to heal have to low power.
    >
    > actually, since u cant get power on pet gear, 3x crit pet gear is prolly the best u can get. And that should put u at like 160k cirt? so its pretty decent even if oyu have high power.
    >
    > Crit has no cap anymore? Or, a lot higher cap in mod 17?

Crit works differently for healers. It's based off a ratio to power, the cap is still 50%, you just need more of it if you are a high power healer.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    900 il comp gear is the bottom level of Uprising, so no slots.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Works great on your main Alt's companions so they can fight better, faster.