test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Lockbox Notifications

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
What can I say about this? Other than what I have said before, this is a spam ad from the game boasting what players get opening up lockboxes. Did they think bigger is better? Really why do I need a splash about some person I don't know winning a prize from a lockbox? Isn't it enough it comes over in chat? We also have to see it during a boss fight or dungeons. I updated the wiki page on the official Neverwinter wiki.

You can check that out here or click on my signature below.
Have fun <3
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Any way of adjusting it in your notifications settings? I haven't looked yet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    greywynd said:

Any way of adjusting it in your notifications settings? I haven't looked yet.

Yes. With some minor tweaks to the saved GUI file. Completely invisible great results. But it should be an option by now and I should not have to tell users how to edit their GUI file.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Did they move that from the middle of the screen to the top of the screen? I don't think it blocks my view like before. Personally, it does not bother me that I have to move it like before.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • spittfyre72spittfyre72 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    You can also remove it from your chat by turning off "reward notify". And yes, it has been moved up the screen.
    I gave you this option, if you like it there, fine by me. I just like more options.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The option to disable it in chat should be global for the account. Had to turn it off for each of 23 characters.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Its a free to play game. Its normal behavior that when u deal with anything free, u accept adds. The lockbox notifications are adds in this case.

U want a free game to turn off their adds. Only way i see this happening is if they make a paid no adds version.
    Apparently some people won't bother to click on a link and read anymore. Due to the recent changes I was commenting on the increased size and still no simple button push to opt out in the menus. If you desire to read my link in the original posting you will find the information there on the wiki. I also find it odd we didn't find the appearance change in the keybind menu, you will find that information there as well assuming you want those abilities. @fyrstigor I suppose, if you feel obligated to watch people open lockboxes then go right ahead, I thought this information would be beneficial to many people and not ignored.

Have fun <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    What devs should do is make ur game become corrupted if anyone did the file edits u have in ur little link. Making someone who cant handle adds having to reinstall the game. Now that would be awesome.
    fyrstigor said:

What devs should do is make ur game become corrupted if anyone did the file edits u have in ur little link. Making someone who cant handle adds having to reinstall the game. Now that would be awesome.

Those commands and others are placed there by the developers silly person. You should read more and study. If they wanted to block them, they could. Everything on my "little link" is 100% legitimate until the company says otherwise. These are posted on the Official Neverwinter Wiki, knowledge is power, the more you know the better off you will be.

As for corrupting a game because someone used Cryptic's configuration file, that would result in the very least a class action lawsuit.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    fyrstigor said:

I guess you are new in this game. Those commands (some added and some removed) have been there before I played the game in mod 3. Sometime, it was even taught by dev to workaround some issues.

Some are even an integrated part of the game such as /emote.
    How do you blow fire? The item tells you to do: /emote ....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Looks good.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.