test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Classes question

jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
Do any class have movement abilities when using skills or are they all locked in place? Is there no dodging or strafing in the game?

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Rogues have the dodge roll ability, my wizards do short teleports to dodge (not very well), warlocks fly (glide) across the ground, clerics have a slide thing they do. Anytime you are actually missed is amazing. For example, my ranger can fire arrows at the dragon as it lands and you can see them chase it like they are heat seeking missiles.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    But can you do any of this while using a skill?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Are you talking about the skill that makes you move when you execute it? If yes, there are. Each class has something.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    He's asking if it is possible to move and attack at the same time. Generally, the answer is no, unless the attack option itself includes movement, like the barbarian's Mighty Leap.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited August 2019
    Move and then attack without stopping, no.
    Attack and then move and keep attacking and moving, yes. such as Warlock's dreadthief, Rogue's path of blade.
    Attack that triggers move and attack, yes, such as Pally's Relentless Avenger, Rogue's Deft strike.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    A SKilled Cw can jump cast/ faux dodge/ move at the same use ing quick ray of frost at will micropulses / use short casting fast encounter and jump land or teleport again in mid air landing elsewhere /out the red zone (key board only )

I know i can move / attack at the same time and am not rooted but for a slight instant
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    are you saying combat movement ability like old game, Asheron's Call with strafting side-winder slides? ESO's tanks are almost like that when it can avoid melee damages, not as close. NWO just had speed ability nerfed few weeks ago with mod 16, and most players hate it.
    devs want tanks to use "dig in and put shield up", but it seem so buggy instead of sprint off the red ring effects.

in my opinion, shields were meant to absorb specific amounts of damages base on rare, epic, and legendary. Tower shields would block many arrows and Parry Shields are smaller, meant to deflect but would expose, and it design for up-close combat, and use to taunt when it use as bashing and to stun.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Thanks for all your replies guys. Yes i was talking about attacking while moving. I just think it would be easier if you could do that. So used to dodging and strafing in mmo's.
    edited August 2019
    jarfaru said:

Thanks for all your replies guys. Yes i was talking about attacking while moving. I just think it would be easier if you could do that. So used to dodging and strafing in mmo's.

Rogue path of blade allows you to hit and dodge at the same time (after you cast it). You can dodge (weak) mob to death.
  • originalsin#4257 originalsin Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    There’s a warlock encounter that let’s you move around and aim it while it’s on.