test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning TR player, I'm very lost

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
Hello, I left the game like more than a year ago, it was getting way too p2w and I couldn't progress without dumping cash on the game anymore, so I wanted to give it another try, but this is so different and nothing seems to make sense anymore...

Please help me with this:
-> There used to be an actual reason to farm campaigns, now there seem to be only boons, all the equipment from campaign, be it epic or not, seem to be all worthless because the rare equipment they give us with Undermountain campaign has better item level... How do I progress? All campaigns seem to be level 70, so what is the point? Come back to the game to farm boons that all look the same and only give stats?

->What is important here? I get it, you increased the max level to 80, but all the content seems to be in 70... What do you do with level 80 besides gaining access to skills you previously had with lv 70? I'm confused on lvl 80's purpose.

-> What happened to TR? Why is it so weak? Why did they remove the feat trees? It's so boring now!
Stealth takes ages to build, dailies take ages to build, they removed the dodge mechanic that saved us from being one shot on "Impossible to catch" and now I get one shot anyways, so it's not impossible at all... Shocking Execution makes no sense anymore, I don't get it...
They also removed build options? Am I missing something? I used to love playing stealth based TR, doesn't seem to be possible anymore, just this stale HAMSTER of spamming AOE's and hoping for the best? Where is the high learning curve from before?
I cannot imagine myself playing PVP with this class and not getting stomped on, unless all classes got nerfed to the ground too...

->My artifacts seem to be worthless, why? They used to be important, now it seems only the Raven Skull is useful because of the great active skill, but stats are horrid, and Undermountain gave me seemingly trash rare artifacts with no active skill, but they almost have better stats than the epic ones I have. I know the Lostmauth set can be traded in, I'm just waiting for enough AD to level up the Horn to Legendary before trading it, but what about the other ones? Do I just trash all the work I had with them because Cryptic decided it was a good idea to rework stats without reworking the items?

I think that is all, if you can guide me a bit on this, maybe I can get myself on track to this game, hopefully I'm missing some details here.
Thank you.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    You have a "new class". You need to re-learn everything for the new class. I almost finish learning the 6th class from scratch.
    Find a build guide and start to re-learn everything. Yes, you missed a lot of details.
    The mod 16 campaign is for level 80.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Campaigns: Boons, currencies for keys/stronghold/whatever.

There is Level 80 content: Undermountain-Lair of the Mad Mage, and now all the Uprising content.

The changes made last mod for the characters was to simplify. Fewer options means easier to balance (supposedly).

Artifacts are mostly just stat sticks unless you find one with a good active ability. The 3 rare artifacts you get from Undermountain are only intended as placeholders until you get real ones. As for reworking artifacts, it is far easier to make new ones and add them in than it would be to make adjustments to all the artifacts available in the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    greywynd said:

There is Level 80 content: Undermountain-Lair of the Mad Mage, and now all the Uprising content.

The changes made last mod for the characters was to simplify. Fewer options means easier to balance (supposedly).

Artifacts are mostly just stat sticks unless you find one with a good active ability. The 3 rare artifacts you get from Undermountain are only intended as placeholders until you get real ones. As for reworking artifacts, it is far easier to make new ones and add them in than it would be to make adjustments to all the artifacts available in the game.

Are my current artifacts useless though? They don't seem to give much in terms of stats and it was quite hard to level them up...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    brun2000 said:

greywynd said:

Are my current artifacts useless though? They don't seem to give much in terms of stats and it was quite hard to level them up...
    Level up the Artifact would be easy because you just need to dump RP into it. RP is cheap and easy to farm. Upgrade to Legendary is also cheap. Upgrade to mystic is more costly and IMO, not worth it except if you need to use as Primary.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    They put all the horsepower into the gear. Companions are a distraction at best. They dumbed it down, so the monkeys can play it in the research labs. Cryptic didn't want people with real diplomas and college degrees to have a hard time figuring out "stuff". I mean, I wish you the best of luck making a "bad build" now since the boons are just points you spend and the Feats choose what powers you should be using. No rolling abilities, etc... well this was all discussed before and it didn't stop them from setting fire to the Foundry either.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif