test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make PVP According to Item Level

2»

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    lionmount power was nerfed nicely now for pvp and pve : D no more temp hitpoints for you lol
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    stark760 said:

Comps bonuses still work. Only ioun stone of allure not working that I checked. Someone suggested maybe all healing comps are now "broken". Not sure. Tanks don't get their % HP bonus now, but energon works, 32k HP.

Where did you check this? In a domination match? Gauntilgrym? IWD PvP area? SH Siege?

As far as I know the removal of companion bonuses was supposed to affect Domination - not sure about the other areas ... I was in IWD Doing a black ice dom earlier today and it looked to me like the companion bonuses were still working, but as the glory for Domination is bugged, I have not tried this to see if my companions worked there.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Was in domination and gauntlgyrm, then tested in private pvp domination. My power dropped 1.5k total, and that was from epic allure not working at all. HP dropped 140k because im a fighter and lost 40% bonus, went from 540k to 400k. Taking energon off dropped my exactly 32k to 368k. Tested 10 or so comps, everything but incoming healing comps were showing in stats. Not sure about things like bulette pup, pig, and such.

Glory still bugged. More deaths now, so a little more glory. I've avg'd around 6 kills per round, around 100-120 glory.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    dont forget to use glory boosters folks(zen market / auction house ) or have some gear with silvery enchantments in utility slots for bonus glory put in at the end of the match..
  • anjo#8313 anjo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I prefer have no match at all on pvp, for ever, than play with or against player with 10k il less than me. It makes no sense!

PLEASE, put IL RANGE on pvp.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    First of all, i suck at pvp. Secondly IL is not the issue with pvp, like someone already stated, ppl can just use low il gear while having other BiS items to still get into the lower brackets. The main issue with pvp is that it is a gear oriented pvp, so even if they balanced classes, implemented brackets, ppl would still find a way through. Scaling or stats clamping could work but it would be easier to just remove gear from pvp xd, give everyone default characters to play in pvp. If you want to make some money, add unlockable characters but ultimately they all should have the same stats according to their class and roles.

Dont take my word for it, just an opinion. im prolly the worst pvp player in nw xd
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • thebenetratorthebenetrator Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    lardeson said:

First of all, i suck at pvp. Secondly IL is not the issue with pvp, like someone already stated, ppl can just use low il gear while having other BiS items to still get into the lower brackets. The main issue with pvp is that it is a gear oriented pvp, so even if they balanced classes, implemented brackets, ppl would still find a way through. Scaling or stats clamping could work but it would be easier to just remove gear from pvp xd, give everyone default characters to play in pvp. If you want to make some money, add unlockable characters but ultimately they all should have the same stats according to their class and roles.

Dont take my word for it, just an opinion. im prolly the worst pvp player in nw xd

Ahhhh but the solution is easy... the REWARDS for lower Item Level will be lower depending on your division

As players move up the League Divisions from D-League to Premiere/Major League, the incentive to move up will be Rewards and Fame... because like in real life, who cares about what happens in the lower level leagues, everyone wants to make it to the big leagues to get big rewards and bragging rights

In this way, it wont make sense to waste time to go down :D