test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Fighter Question?

dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
I just started a fighter and the class has 1 offensive and 3 defensive slots. Will this change once I reach 30 and pick my paragon path? I will be selecting Dreadnaught until I reach 80. If you go DPS instead of tank the slot should change, I don't need defensive slot it I am going DPS. Or is this the devs attempt to make a DPS class a tank as well. If that is the case why offer a tank path? The other DPS class have 3 offensive slots, why should a fighter DPS be different? It's just something that came to my mind as I have left console to play NW on PC.
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
Rogue - Serenity (PS4)

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Your companion slot types will not change regardless of paragon path. You get what you get. As to why, ask the devs.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    dagambit said:

Will this change once I reach 30 and pick my paragon path?

No. Slots are per class not paragon.
    dagambit said:

If you go DPS instead of tank the slot should change, I don't need defensive slot it I am going DPS.

You can still use offensive oriented companions in those slots. Is it optimal? No. But it's what the devs are giving.
    dagambit said:

Or is this the devs attempt to make a DPS class a tank as well. If that is the case why offer a tank path?

It's not a DPS class. It's a DPS path on a class that has both DPS/Tank options. Splitting it was obviously too hard for them. Maybe they would have been better off just leaving barbie as dps/dps.
    dagambit said:

The other DPS class have 3 offensive slots, why should a fighter DPS be different?

Hmmm..not correct. The other DPS/DPS classes have 3 offensive slots.

The SW (DPS/Healer) has 3 offensive and yet the Cleric (DPS/Healer) only has 2.

Consistency is not a thing.

Also, why is it that only the Barbarians are complaining about only having 1 offensive slot? I'm sure Clerics would like 3 offensive for their DPS path. And why aren't the fighters in an uproar? They are forced to suffer through the same shame as barbarians. A mere 1 offensive slot on their DPS path.

Where is the fighter rage!
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "Where is the fighter rage!"

OP is talking about Fighter, not Barbie.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Thank you the insight I guess I will make do.
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • Options
    disast3r0us#6287 disast3r0us Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do you acquire the newbie welcome
    Pack?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    there's a button on the landing page named "claim valuables"
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing