test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Magnificent Resurgence Lockbox

So just wanted to ask everyone's opinion on this "new" n "limited" lockbox. What do you think of putting a lockbox in the Zen store, agree with it or a slippery slope?

Personally I wouldn't buy the keys to get this box as the possible loot isn't really better than the Glorious lockbox. What I disagree with, is that the box is in the Zen store and it is lotto ticket in essence. People are paying real money to get the keys and the lockbox (mainly for the lockbox).

What happens if Cryptic starts offering select boxes only in Zen store now that offers "chance" at top items, does it go more to pay to win?

The box should have just been put in as replacement to current lockbox that drops from killing mobs, not behind zen purchase.

Opinions, thoughts? (

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I've opened some and it does seem to be pretty good drops. That being said, in another thread apparently it's not even dropping the loot it is supposed to. SMH
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    what i want to know is... this new lockbox.... will it get added in game at a later date? OR is it just avail with this key oack??? thats wht i wanna know.... if in fact i dont purchase this key pack an it goes away.... was that my only shoot at the box or? (throws hands in air)
  • juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    This new lockbox is more complete than the glorious one, and the drop is higher, besides, nobody says you have to use real money to buy Zen, just change your astral diamonds and buy .... if you want
    juan#5043 said:

This new lockbox is more complete than the glorious one, and the drop is higher, besides, nobody says you have to use real money to buy Zen, just change your astral diamonds and buy .... if you want

still incorporates using real money to do that... only thing is... YOU AINT THE ONE THAT BOUGHT THE ZEN.... BUT SOMEBOD
    Y else DID so at some point REAL money WAS used to buy these boxes even if not in a direct effect (you bouight the zen then bought the keypack)
  • thegrimner#3435 thegrimner Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    The slippery slope began at lootboxes, and Perfect World's monetization practices are scummier than most, but sadly that won't change until companies are mandated to, at the very least, disclose the drop rates and be held accountable for them.

So, bad, but not worse than the usual.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I bought some. I didn't get anything good. :( I probably won't buy more.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    the one good thing about this pack is it IS cheaper than the other packs of keys. quite a bit cheaper. if you use a 20 percent off anything coupon it's only 1600 for 20 keys. that's significant. and you can sell the lockboxes for about 260k back. so yeah. it's really kind of a sweet deal.

but this on top of everything else has decimated the xbox economy.
    all this being said still dont tell ME anyways if the box will come in game like all the other ones have in past... or was it only avail in the key pack an that was it...... least not officially yet anyways on a word