test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Content Creators Suggestion List

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2019 in News & Announcements
Greetings Adventurers!

Many content creators have reached out to us in the past few weeks, allowing us to begin curating a list of potential partners for the content creator initiative set to launch in the Fall. We are still in the process of finalizing our Code of Conduct and more detailed program information but we want to make sure content creators and followers had ample opportunity to express early interest.

If you are a content creator or follow/are a fan of specific ones, please reply to this thread with the content creator's name and the type of content created (Twitch, YouTube, guides, theorycrafting) along with links to any of their channels or sites.

Please be respectful and do not use this thread as an opportunity to harass or berate other content creators or players.

NOTE: Suggestions do not guarantee a spot in the content creator initiative.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• robertfruinrobertfruin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Ayyyyy, Just lemme stream pvp babyyy, Count me in on that coachhhhhhh ME WANT SMASH

Sincerely your pvp love,
    Robb PvP - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBZWhfM27fGKE8qL778JSVA?view_as=subscriber
  • betepok#5883 betepok Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Kaligold, Silvery and Unforgiven but he left the game because what they did to gwf
  • aioros#8828 aioros Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    If possible, I'd like to be included. I write, and playtest mods and hardcover adventures for D&D 5e. Been doing so since mid 2017. I have a vast and extensive knowledge of the Forgotten Realms and many other campaign settings.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    I would like to throw my hat in the ring. I don't stream. I don't have a YouTube channel. I'm more of a behind-the-scenes theorycrafter.
  • I nominate the following:

GreyHastur

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Maybe from a twitch/youtube format you can just reward those with the greatest viewership. Choose those with the most subscribers or ask interested parties to post a video about why they want to be a “potential partner” and select those that get the best ratio’s (or most likes if the math on ratio’s is too much work).

Let's THUNDERDOME this program!
  • skatopsixos7skatopsixos7 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

@nitocris83

I think you need to be clearer on what you’re looking for in a “potential partner”. Twitch/youtube is way different than guides/theorycrafting.

Are you looking for people that draw new players to the game or bring back previous players? That audience only comes from twitch/youtube.

Are you looking for people that keep people in the game and cover for cryptics inability to explain mechanics and provide adequate (and accurate) tooltips? That falls under the realm of guides and theorycrafting.

Twitch/youtube brings players into the game not currently engaged. Guides/theorycrafting keeps players engaged in the game longer. I think you need to clarify the objective of this program so people can recommend people based on your programs goals not just on who they personally enjoy interacting with or who they may be dating (<3 @skatopsixos7 ).

My guess is this program will fade away into obscurity like every other community program that we’ve had. I think you should examine what you have the resources to do consistently and at high quality. If you don’t have the resources then don’t even start it, it’s a waste of time to put in the administrative overhead to start a program then let them die on the vine (guild spotlights, foundry spotlights, monthly streams).

And yes I do realize starting a new program looks better for your annual review than successfully maintaining a program. But it is resource expensive when we need you guys to optimize your resourcing and deliver a higher quality product. Don’t distract us with shiny wrappers, we want a quality product from every resource assigned to the game.

As for your “potential partners” the most influential people for an existing player like myself (you’d have to survey new players if that is your target audience with the program) are theorycrafters @micky1p00 , @thefabricant , @rjc9000 , @michela123 , @rainer#8575 . These guys do lots of testing (and I’m sure I’m forgetting some) but they are burning hours of time they could be carrying me through a dungeon earning loot on preview testing mechanics and trying to point out bugs before they go live.

I appreciate the work of people who create guides but often they create guides that are based on the hours of testing of theorycrafters… and not all guides are created equal. But they are work, and thanks to an ever evolving game mechanic guides are always a work in progress. So who’s putting out the best guides… the theorycrafters and just about everyone else is making some variant on those guides with a bit of personalization.

As for youtube/twitch. I’m not a fan of watching other people play but I do like getting commentary and analysis in short formats (youtube mostly) and there are a few here that stand out. Firstly you need to feel like the person is being authentic, for that I will always shout out to @skatopsixos7 whom I don’t necessary share his vision or his approach on things, I do think he is authentic and that is attractive for this forum. That would be my concern with your “Code of Conduct”, I fear that will require people to police what they say and as such be less authentic. Do people really want to watch someone try to convince them a <font color="orange">HAMSTER is a gold? I don’t think that’s a good formula to build a loyal fan base. And what would be the point of watching a video that parrots the release announcement you already provided on the launcher.

@rainer#8575 of course represents this medium well on top of theorycrafting.

@novaiidbzii#7952 for the insightful lore based content he provides from time to time. That’s the stuff I enjoy, you can keep the rest of his content

Most insightful post of all.
    i hope they consider what you said, not all content creators provide the same content. assuming as a company they would prefer NOVA/SILVERY/RAINER type youtubers, who provide positive insight and actual testing with numbers like rainer.

there are some of us who like to be direct and take a different path, just depends what cryptic prefers, and i think we already know what the answer is..