test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter PvP Ideas

oneg00dnut#8192 oneg00dnut Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I've played nevewinter for about 2ish years maybe more. I played mostly PvP of course. I maiden a Halfing GWF named Calph on xbox one. And I quit neverwinter all together a while ago, bc it just got ridiculous. I only ever saw GF and TRS in PvP especially in Icewind Pass. PvP was and probably still is based on who has the biggest wallet. Over my time I quit I've thought of some ideas that might make PvP more balanced all together for all classes. To add to this I feel like PvP for neverwinter has A LOT of potential. I don't think the game devs see this. So I'll be sharing all the Ideas I can remember. Please give me your opinions.

PvP amor----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that removing tenacity was a good idea in my opinion. If tenacity was added back to the game, I think that would bring more balance back to neverwinter PvP. An example for a piece of PvP armor is Brawl Helmet Of (Power, Armor Pen, Defense, Deflect, Life Steal, Recovery and Critical Strike.) The armor will prioritize that base stat. In addition, I think that the PvP armor should also have glyphs for each armor piece, these glyphs will enhance the player's feats and Daily power. For example, your Brawl Helmet of Life Steal, increases your Indomitable Strength by 5%. There of course will be more glyphs to choose from but it was only an example. I think these small but good bonuses will not only force players to use the armor, but it will make them want to use the armor.

I also think that making actual PvP rings would make the game more balanced as well. But I don't think the rings should have tenacity. I think that it should be an option for players to choose from. For example Brawl Ring Of (Power, Armor Pen, Defense, Deflect, Life Steal, Recovery and Critical Strike.) The ring will prioritize that base stat. And the ring should also enhance the players Encounter powers or at-will powers. For example, your Brawl Ring of Power increases your at-will by 7.5%. Again these rings will be an option for players to choose from. If they choose they want to farm a rings from PvE, I think they should be able to do so.

PvP amor----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PvP currency-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason I bring this topic up is for only 2 reasons, adding Seals of Triumph was a very bad idea. But at the same time I can kinda understand why they added it. It'll make their content last longer, but I think the currency should be removed completely.

For my other reason for bringing this topic up, I remember playing PvP for the first time. Tenacity was still in the game and anybody who wasn't running the gear wasn't killing anybody with the gear. But the only way to get glory was to que up for PvP domination. I'd went up against pre-mades and twinks. It wasn't a fun time. But I dealt with it. Not a lot of people did. That's why the community for PvP is so small. I think their should be a new way of farming glory. The new way should be in your guild. When you kill monsters and complete events, you should be rewarded with some glory. Killing non elite monster such as a wolf, you should be rewarded with 1-5 glory. Killing an upper difficulty non elite monster such as a bear, you should be rewarded with 6-15 glory. Killing a Elite monster you should be rewarded with 16-25 glory. Killing a upper level elite, should reward you with 26-35 glory. Also completing a minor event, should reward you with 50-100 glory. Completing a Heroic event should reward you with 200-300 glory. At last completing a legendary event should reward you with 500-800 glory. These ideas in my opinion will make the PvP community bigger.

PvP currency-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PvP maps and game modes-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I imagine playing the same game mode will get boring after a while. So adding new maps and new games modes will probably make PvP look more fresh and fun to players.

For each different game mode there should be a new map or 2. There should be a game mode for Capture the flag. The new map for this game mode should be very long and slim. An arena game mode should be added as well. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5. The map for this game mode should be a small square box with pillars for covers and kiting other players.
Tagged:

Comments

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I disagree on alot of points..

Mod 16 and mod 17 there are no FOTM classes like previous modules, so its not only trs or gfs, its in fact more colorful than before.

I also dont think we need Tenacity as a stat, currently on preview we have new pvp gear with bonuses that work for pvp, so if you like those bonuses you can always pick, as for glyphs imo they should not even work in pvp, anythin that goes in overload should be disabled in pvp, this means bye bye stamina and ap drains, dont see a need for them in pvp anymore.

Also if you have problems with farming glory, how can you even think a suggestion to give glory to mobs is a good one, glory is one of the easiest currency to gain, on preview we have a new pvp map , Stardock arena, i pretty much think that a 1v1 mode should be done, but i think people will not queue for that, because once they smacked once or twice they will stop queing for it .

Most players will try it 2 - 3 times. If they cannot get a win in that trial period they will walk away. Matchmaking is the most important thing. First time players should be matched with other firsts time players, of near equivalent IL. Winners of round one should go into a pool, as should the losers. And so on. It is not losing that causes Pugs & filthy casuals (like me) to stay away from the PvP queues... it is the complete and total inability to win. No chance, no thanks.
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    IMO the more level the playing field, the more ppl will play pvp. Pvp should be more skill-based rather than gear based. I like the idea of separated pvp gear from pve gear. If you wanna pvp, you have to put on pvp gear. And disable mount insignias, comp bonuses. Only whatever you wear and wpn u hold will affect your stats and your enchantments. So lets say you are new to pvp, u go to trade of blades to pvp. They will give you a starting pvp gear set. This is to let you q for the beginner pvp q. Then as you fight and win matches, you win pvp currency to buy the next level pvp gear. Once you've acquired the whole set, you can then q for the intermediate pvp q. (and you cant q the beginner q with the intermediate set of cos) and then you fight for another currency for the expert pvp q and so on. So at the expert q, everybody will have the same level pvp set (you can still have a variety of choices for pvp set. like if you focused on arpen or crit or power so on) This way the playing field is more even and its the skill and teamwork that really matters.
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    You can q for other q. Lets say you've reached expert but u wanna q beginner again, you just have to wear your beginner set and q. But a real beginner can't q for the expert one of cos. This way theres no need to scale and the scaling is the gear that you are allowed to wear. And artifacts should be disabled too. There are some broken artifacts that are too overpowered. You are allowed the pvp gear (hat, arms, chest armor, shoe, neck, ring belt, shirt, pants), the enchantments that you have, the wpns (these shld be part of pvp gear too) and thats it. The only thing that affects your stats are the pvp gear, wpns and enchantments. This way, gear still have some effect but small but the main thing that affects win or lose is skill and teamwork. This way there will be true competition based on skill. E-sports are competitive right? E-sports games like csgo are very competitive. And it is competitive cos it is skill based. Imagine if a team can use the powerful guns but the other team cannot. Very soon this game will not be part of E-sports anymore. Same with NW. If you want true compeition, gotta level the playing field.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    lemollen said:

You can q for other q. Lets say you've reached expert but u wanna q beginner again, you just have to wear your beginner set and q. But a real beginner can't q for the expert one of cos. This way theres no need to scale and the scaling is the gear that you are allowed to wear. And artifacts should be disabled too. There are some broken artifacts that are too overpowered. You are allowed the pvp gear (hat, arms, chest armor, shoe, neck, ring belt, shirt, pants), the enchantments that you have, the wpns (these shld be part of pvp gear too) and thats it. The only thing that affects your stats are the pvp gear, wpns and enchantments. This way, gear still have some effect but small but the main thing that affects win or lose is skill and teamwork. This way there will be true competition based on skill. E-sports are competitive right? E-sports games like csgo are very competitive. And it is competitive cos it is skill based. Imagine if a team can use the powerful guns but the other team cannot. Very soon this game will not be part of E-sports anymore. Same with NW. If you want true compeition, gotta level the playing field.

When this idea comes up, the inevitable response is that this will only work if gear is locked upon queueing. Which leads to almost immediate push-back.
  • treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    You don't need to scale anything. Just needs better matchmaking and ALOT more incentive to actually play.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    They could use their new scaling system (or a slightly modified version) to enforce a certain level of match and players would not gain anything by switching gear once inside as it too would be scaled.

In fact, this is something they need to do, with at least 3 different tiers, the last being unscaled, something like a Heavyweight match in professional Boxing in which there is no weight limit.